Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Disney Fan Club > Disney Films

Disney Films Once upon a time, before the evil Shareholders came along and ruined everything, Disney made movies like THIS...>>*<<

Old Tim Burton's Alice In Wonderland

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 08-08-2008, 08:26 PM
Disneyland Jr. Reporter™
Awards Showcase
Super Spooky Scribe Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 4

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: QuiteMad
GraspingClaw is covered with ConfettiGraspingClaw is covered with ConfettiGraspingClaw is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by EtnaGreen View Post
It's supposed to be out 2010? Isn't that a little late? Disney was able to film and edit hsm 3 in a matter of months, so this seems like an awfully long time for them to film and edit it.
Obviously the scope of High School Musical 3 isn't anything compared to the vision that Burton has for Alice In Wonderland. HSM 3 is being shot in an existing high school, as opposed to AIW, which I'm sure will feature a staggering number of fabricated sets, and elaborately detailed ones at that. Unlike AIW, HSM 3 won't include any complex special effects, or motion-capture elements and it won't have to be prepared for a digital 3-D transfer. AIW's costumes will be from another era and another world and will take more time to create than trendy blouses and basketball jerseys. By the same token, hair and make-up will also be a more complicated process. The scoring will be a larger task involving a full orchestra. The film will probably have a longer running time, which means more shooting and more editing. Creating Alice In Wonderland will be a ridiculously involved and lengthy process, including many departments and additional stages of production. All they've gotta do on High School Musical 3 is nail the dance steps.
Old 08-25-2008, 07:49 PM
Disneyland Jr. Reporter™
Awards Showcase
Super Spooky Scribe Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Halloween '08 Participation Award 

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: QuiteMad
GraspingClaw is covered with ConfettiGraspingClaw is covered with ConfettiGraspingClaw is covered with Confetti
No more major casting announcements yet, but there is a little more information about Mia Wasikowska, who has been chosen to play Alice.

Apparently newcomer Wasikowska, 18, will be treading on the toes of Lindsay Lohan, after the Mean Girls star begged Burton not to choose an unknown for the role, insisting she was "ideal" to play the part.

Wasikowska says, "I'm so so excited. The book's really intrigued me when I was little and I've always loved the story. I really love (Burton films) Edward Scissorhands and Big Fish."

Earlier this year, Wasikowska was chosen as one of only two Australian actresses to receive a Heath Ledger scholarship - a fund to help young up-and-coming Aussie performers in memory of the late actor.

And for those curious about being a human set piece, this is what they were/are looking for when it comes to extras:

Casting auditions for 250 extras were held in the British city of Plymouth on August 6th and 7th of 2008. Requirements were for people with a 'Victorian look' and for applicants to have no visible tattoos, piercings or dyed hair.

I'll update you with more as it becomes available!
Old 08-25-2008, 07:50 PM
Hello, Love ★
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: AFK
Thriller is as Frosty as a Snowman
Tim Burton strikes again.
Old 01-02-2009, 02:43 AM
Dont be afraid
Awards Showcase
Design a Pin Participation's Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 6

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Cautious
TBs_Creation is floating through Inner Space
Alice in Wonderland Pictures

Attachment 34693 Heres Depp as the Mad Hatter for Tim Burton's upcoming remake, Alice in Wonderland... I know theres more pictures, I just need to upload them first..

Last edited by TBs_Creation; 01-25-2009 at 06:11 AM..
Old 01-02-2009, 02:43 AM
WDW lover :)
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

My Mood: Disney
GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
That's, well, that's kind of, freaky. . .
Old 01-02-2009, 02:46 AM
-Insert Title Here-
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: Procastinating
SonicBoom is as Frosty as a Snowman
I thought that was the Joker for a sec!

Was the Mad Hatter ever described as pale?
Old 01-02-2009, 02:48 AM
Banned
Awards Showcase
VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Guess the Picture Winner's Award Joy To The World 

Clan Leader Here Since Day 1
My Mood: AFK
MoonLanderChampion is spinning in a Cursed Storm
That is a terrible remake
Old 01-02-2009, 02:49 AM
-The original- Green.i
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Happy Valentine's Graphics Trio Participant Award Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: Reading
flaxygirl is floating through Inner Space
Woah! Looks very scary like.
But then again doesn't Tim Burton make "scary-looking" movies?

I haven't seen the original Alice in Wonderland..but it looks more "friendly" lol. I doubt I'll be seeing the remake.
Old 01-02-2009, 02:51 AM
WDW lover :)
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

My Mood: Disney
GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaxygirl View Post
After seeing the Night before Christmas and the commercial for that new movie Caroline, I believe scary is Tim Burton's theme.
Old 01-02-2009, 05:39 PM
Dont be afraid
Awards Showcase
Design a Pin Participation's Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 

Here Since Day 1 VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicBoom View Post
I thought that was the Joker for a sec!

Was the Mad Hatter ever described as pale?
I havent read the book in awhile, but I know he did have orange hair..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonLanderChampion View Post
That is a terrible remake
Speak for yourself
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaxygirl View Post
Yep.. lol he usually does

I haven't seen the original Alice in Wonderland..but it looks more "friendly" lol. I doubt I'll be seeing the remake.
Actually the original Alice in Wonderland is more scary then you think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodPolarGirl View Post
After seeing the Night before Christmas and the commercial for that new movie Caroline, I believe scary is Tim Burton's theme.
Its Coraline, and Tim Burton is not making it, Henry Selick is.
Old 01-02-2009, 06:13 PM
Keep Moving Foward~WaltD.
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award Halloween '08 Participation Award Halloween '08 Winner's Award 

Born In Park Here Since Day 1
My Mood: Dancing
Purplemysterystar is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Alice In Wonderland the original is kinda scary to with all those weird things happening to her.
Old 01-02-2009, 07:28 PM
Dont be afraid
Awards Showcase

Here Since Day 1 VIP
Heres Alice..
Attachment 34694

Last edited by TBs_Creation; 01-25-2009 at 06:11 AM..
Old 01-02-2009, 07:46 PM
Lion + Lamb = Twilight
Awards Showcase
Graphics Trio Participant Award Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award Halloween '08 Participation Award 

My Mood: Tolerant
PrincessTiffani is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Johnny Depp is such a great actor! Like he is just soo good, like if I wasn't a fan of Depp, I wouldn'e be able to tell that Sparrow, Sweeney, and Wonka are played by him! He really is great, and its not a bad thing I cannot tell its him, thats how much he gets into the character! I mean you can measure out the voice of Sweeney Todd, and Jack Sparrow, and they're the same, cause they're both him, but he totally changes his voice as Willy Wonka! Now that I KNOW who is is and everything, I can right at the top just say "Hey its Johnny Depp!" And Burtons movies are amazing, Im glad he casted Depp .
----
I think he should sing more, Johnny can sing real good.
----
Is Helena in it? I dont think so cause I saw some of these pics and she was pregnant.... like Bella! (sorry had to throw that in =P)
----
Im glad he didn'g cast Johanna as Alice........ OH! Alice like in Twilight! (had to add that in too)..... cause the girl who played Johanna wasn't very good, I mean, she barely had any roles, but she could not sing very well 0_0 and he casted Depp, and possibly Helena, so then it'd be tomany people from 1 movie.

The chances of finding you were one in a million
Then chances of losing you are impossible

Last edited by PrincessTiffani; 01-03-2009 at 06:26 PM.. Reason: just adding stuff that got misunderstood
Old 01-02-2009, 07:51 PM
haii.
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 2010 Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: SaveVMK
DuckSwimmer is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Wow! LOL. The mad hatter dude looks scary.

signature&avatar made by me
Old 01-02-2009, 08:08 PM
I will never grow-up
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Super Donation Award 

My Mood: VMK
autoalice is floating through Inner Space
The Alice in Wonderland books are much darker than the Disney movie ever made them to be. A lot of purists actually do not like the Disney version as it is very far from the book and took a lot of creative liberties-the least of which was smooshing both books into the one movie. I've read the original books more times than I can count and seen so many versions made in movie/TV form. I have books that talk about the writing of the book and biographies and the like. (I guess I am a little obsessed LOL) I am really looking forward to this new adaption as it's not going to "dumb it down" for today's more "delicate sensibilities". We really do coddle our children far more than in the past. If you look at some of the original artwork, both by Lewis Carroll himself and the more famous Sir John Tenniel we're more used to seeing it looks more like they are going for that look. The original artwork is far from being "cute".
Sorry, getting a little rambly. I have been in love with Alice since before I can remember