Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Disney Fan Club > Disney Films

Disney Films Once upon a time, before the evil Shareholders came along and ruined everything, Disney made movies like THIS...>>*<<

Old Toy Story 3

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 06-21-2010, 06:37 PM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
Toy Story 3

After making several attempts, arguing with Pixar, and shelving a couple versions of Toy Story 3 against all odds Disney made this much anticipated film. In just one weekend Toy Story 3 made $109 million in the US alone. Toy Story 3 became the third animated film to top $100 million in the first weekend. It was the best debut for a film from Disney's Pixar Animation, topping "The Incredibles" at $70.5 million. Toy Story 3 took in $8.4 million in 3-D showings at huge-screen IMAX theaters, which beat the IMAX record for an animated film previously held by "Monsters vs. Aliens" with $5.1 million.

I was worried that Toy Story 3 wouldn't live up to my expectations, but it definitely exceeded my expectations. It is not only my favorite Toy Story, but also my favorite Pixar film. In Toy Story 3, they eliminated a plethora of good characters, but they replaced them with even better characters. When Pixar first started out with Disney, their stories didn't have much depth to them, but with Up and Toy Story 3 you can start to see that they are trying to make the stories better. They are trying to make the stories more relatable and emotional in a way. As much as I want another Toy Story, I am glad this is going to be the last one (as long as John Lasseter has something to say about it). If they continue to make Toy Stories, it will become tiresome (Shrek for example). Pixar made an amazing ending and I would hate to see them ruin it with another movie. Although, to make up for this Disney/Pixar is making Toy Story animated shorts, similar to "Mater's Tall Tales" currently on Disney Channel. So what are your thoughts on Toy Story 3?
Old 06-21-2010, 07:05 PM
Trader
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Patriot 2010 Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Halloween '09 Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award 
Total Awards: 11

Born In Park
My Mood: Baffled
awsomered is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I got to see Toy Story 3 on Friday, it was great I came back to visit the forums to write about it.
It was without a doubt one of the Disney movies. The story went a lot deeper than any of the Toy Story movies and Pixar movies. When watching some of the scenes from the movie I forgot that these are toys up on the screen. Some parts were very suspenseful and sad as well.
After seeing some parts from the first two Toy Stories I noticed how much Pixars animation quality has improved. Which I didn't notice during the actual movie because there was so much more going on with the story. I heard that the movie is much better in 3D and I saw it in normal 2D.
I think TV shorts with some of the new characters would be very cool to see. I've heard rumors that the Cars 2 short in the beginning will be a Toy Story short but I don't know how true that is. I also plan to see the movie again in 3D, but overall the movie was great ecspecially since it's not a 2nd movie but a 3rd as well as the fact it was 11 years since the last movie came out.
Old 06-21-2010, 07:42 PM
Uh..I forgot..
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2010 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

Chululli is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I'm so excited to see it!
Old 06-21-2010, 09:39 PM
Rawr!
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 4

My Mood: Nerdy
PurpleAmy is floating through Inner Space
I saw Toy Story 3 the other day, and it was great! Honestly, I cried a few times. I thought it was pretty emotional, and it seemed to me that you never really knew what was going to happen. It amazes me how pixar thinks of all of these things, whoever wrote the script for Toy Story 3 in my opinion is a genius! I love the movie, it was great, one of the best movies of this year in my opinion. I saw it in 3D and it was really super-clear.
Overall, it was a great movie! I loved it a lot and plan on going to see it a few times more!
Old 06-22-2010, 02:59 AM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 

Born In Park
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by awsomered View Post
I got to see Toy Story 3 on Friday, it was great I came back to visit the forums to write about it.
It was without a doubt one of the Disney movies. The story went a lot deeper than any of the Toy Story movies and Pixar movies. When watching some of the scenes from the movie I forgot that these are toys up on the screen. Some parts were very suspenseful and sad as well.
After seeing some parts from the first two Toy Stories I noticed how much Pixars animation quality has improved. Which I didn't notice during the actual movie because there was so much more going on with the story. I heard that the movie is much better in 3D and I saw it in normal 2D.
I think TV shorts with some of the new characters would be very cool to see. I've heard rumors that the Cars 2 short in the beginning will be a Toy Story short but I don't know how true that is. I also plan to see the movie again in 3D, but overall the movie was great ecspecially since it's not a 2nd movie but a 3rd as well as the fact it was 11 years since the last movie came out.
I saw it in 3D, and to be honest it was the weakest 3D movie that I have seen. It wasn't worth paying the extra money to see it in 3D. Although, if you are looking for an excuse to see it again, I am all for seeing it in 3D. I am trying to think of an excuse myself to see it again.

I agree, normally Disney isn't very good with sequels. Usually the sequels are okay, but don't compare to the original.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleAmy View Post
I saw Toy Story 3 the other day, and it was great! Honestly, I cried a few times. I thought it was pretty emotional, and it seemed to me that you never really knew what was going to happen. It amazes me how Pixar thinks of all of these things, whoever wrote the script for Toy Story 3 in my opinion is a genius! I love the movie; it was great, one of the best movies of this year in my opinion. I saw it in 3D and it was really super-clear.
Overall, it was a great movie! I loved it a lot and plan on going to see it a few times more!
I cried also. The movie was more sentimental then anything really. It was my brother's favorite movie as a child and I've dealt with him "leaving the nest" as well.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:26 AM
disco pogo
Awards Showcase
Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Winner's Award Graphics Trio Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Surrender
BuzzBoy133 is covered with ConfettiBuzzBoy133 is covered with ConfettiBuzzBoy133 is covered with Confetti
I saw it opening night.
It was awesome.
I liked all the plot twists xD
I cried at the end too.
Not like a baby, but there were tears xDD

Old 06-22-2010, 02:41 PM
WDW lover :)
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 

My Mood: Disney
GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
I want to see it soo badly!
Old 06-22-2010, 08:32 PM
the ground is falling.
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Graphics Trio Award Patriot 2010 Award Happy Valentine's Day Guess the Picture Winner's Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Happy Holidays'09 Award Xmas Wishlist '09 
Total Awards: 15

My Mood: Insomnious
GryfindorGal is floating through Inner Space
No surprise here; another Pixar film is absolutely amazing.

I saw it without the 3D, after seeing Alice in Wonderland and not really enjoying it (not only due to the plot but really the 3D just annoyed me). Every Toy Story film is perfect, and this one was no exception. It left me smiling when I came out of the theater. (:

It's funny how the words we never say/can turn into the only thoughts we know
So if you hear this song on the radio/I've said it now and there's no turning back

myshop myuserpage myprofile
music: monday morning - death cab for cutie
Old 06-23-2010, 10:29 AM
Masked Cowboy
Awards Showcase
St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Epitaph Winner's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 49

VIP
My Mood: Happy
SoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Inferno
I just saw it today in IMAX 3D with family and it was incredible! There were many unexpected plot twists and tons of funny parts! I was laughing through the entire movie! "I know about his Spanish mode." "My what?" LOL.

And plus it was quite emotional which is always a great blend with comedy. Pixar never ceases to amaze me. If you haven't seen it, you must!!

Oh, and I loved that "Day and Night" opening clip!

Play trivia at #vmktrivia to win a purple scrolly!
Old 06-24-2010, 03:16 PM
blehh♥♥
Awards Showcase
Halloween'10 Award Spooky Scribe Award Golden Years Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Winner 
Total Awards: 12

My Mood: Baffled
xoop is covered with Confettixoop is covered with Confettixoop is covered with Confetti
Saw it opening day--I LOVE IT!!
Old 06-24-2010, 06:54 PM
WDW lover :)
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 

My Mood: Disney
GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Mom says that hopefully we can see it on Saturday.

Off topic: Love your signature, EtnaGreen!
Old 06-24-2010, 10:04 PM
Star Wars rocks!!
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: Pwness
IceManFan is as Frosty as a Snowman
Amazing movie!

Roxas Rocks!
Old 06-24-2010, 10:59 PM
her name is alyss

My Mood: Sunshine
simplicity is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I thought it was a great movie, but for the younger audience- (the children under like, 7) I felt it was too much, you know? My little brother wasn't very excited about the movie; I loved it though. It was hilarious and very emotional.

alyss of wonderland?
Old 06-25-2010, 03:16 AM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase

Born In Park
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplicity View Post
I thought it was a great movie, but for the younger audience- (the children under like, 7) I felt it was too much, you know? My little brother wasn't very excited about the movie; I loved it though. It was hilarious and very emotional.
For once, I don't think Pixar was aiming towards the younger demographic. The first Toy Story came out in 1995 and the second one came out in 1999. I am sure most children had no idea what Toy Story was. I noticed that more teens and adults were really the ones who wanted to see Toy Story 3.Despite this fact, surprisingly Toy Story 3 did quite well.

Off topic: Thank you, GoodPolarGirl
Old 06-26-2010, 05:04 PM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Patriot 2010 Award VMK Memories Award 2010 
Total Awards: 28

My Mood: AFK
Vivi is Buried in TreasureVivi is Buried in Treasure
I thought the movie was amazing- Pixar did a fantastic job~ I especially loved the soundtrack...mm.