Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Other Games > Other G Rated Games > Other Games Archive

Other Games Archive Other Games Archive

Old Super Smash Bros. Brawl :O

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 05-13-2009, 11:42 PM
Banned

Marth is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Mind taking items off? =/
Old 05-14-2009, 12:30 AM
Disneyland Jr. Reporter™
Awards Showcase
Super Spooky Scribe Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 4

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: QuiteMad
GraspingClaw is covered with ConfettiGraspingClaw is covered with ConfettiGraspingClaw is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marth View Post
Mind taking items off? =/
I thought whoever created the room set the rules. I never saw any items (other than Diddy's peels). To be honest with you, though, I like playing with items set on Low. Maybe not all the time, but I mean, that's what sets Smash Brothers apart; it's part of the game, part of the strategy, just like anything else. Makes things more interesting. If all you want is a straight fighting game, there are probably better ones than SB.

Anyway, I guess you're engaged in some hot Marth-on-Marth action right now. It was fun while it lasted.
Old 05-14-2009, 03:17 AM
I iz lazy.
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Spooky Scribe Award Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: Insomnious
Blossomflower is Buried in TreasureBlossomflower is Buried in TreasureBlossomflower is Buried in Treasure
to be honest, i like the items too, makes things fun and interesting, but i think the smash ball is kinda cheap, and.. idk ruins the flow, cuz everyone starts going after it LOL

Old 05-15-2009, 09:42 AM
Disneyland Jr. Reporter™
Awards Showcase
Super Spooky Scribe Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Halloween '08 Participation Award 

Born In Park VIP
GraspingClaw is covered with ConfettiGraspingClaw is covered with ConfettiGraspingClaw is covered with Confetti
Hey, Blossy, have you logged on in the last couple of days? 'Cause I don't think we're officially "friends" yet. Hopefully I didn't get the code wrong.
Old 05-15-2009, 02:36 PM
o ɹ1ʎ¿
Awards Showcase
VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 

Born In Park Here Since Day 1
My Mood: Approved
.:Blue:. has turned into a sparkling Pirate!.:Blue:. has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
OK, GraspingClaw, I would love to battle you (so long as lag doesn't want to battle as well...) Just PM me when you want to brawl, because my mom's playing AC:CF right now. II think I'll just add my code in my profile next time, so I don't have to check every two seconds... xDDD
Old 05-16-2009, 01:55 AM
I iz lazy.
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Spooky Scribe Award Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 

Blossomflower is Buried in TreasureBlossomflower is Buried in TreasureBlossomflower is Buried in Treasure
i think you got the code right. i just haven't added you
i already wrote down your code on my phone, but i never got on the wii LOL
ill do it when i'm up to battlin you LOL

Old 05-17-2009, 01:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraspingClaw View Post
I thought whoever created the room set the rules. I never saw any items (other than Diddy's peels). To be honest with you, though, I like playing with items set on Low. Maybe not all the time, but I mean, that's what sets Smash Brothers apart; it's part of the game, part of the strategy, just like anything else. Makes things more interesting. If all you want is a straight fighting game, there are probably better ones than SB.

Anyway, I guess you're engaged in some hot Marth-on-Marth action right now. It was fun while it lasted.
That exploding box came out, that's when I ended it.

And Items are always off in competitive play. If I'm correct, every MLG tournament for Melee had items off.
Items can be part of strategy, but a lot of the time bombs and other things like that drop on you causing lucky deaths.

When there are no items its just your skill vs another guy's skill, no lucky kills. (Unless one guy SDs)
Old 05-17-2009, 01:57 PM
o ɹ1ʎ¿
Awards Showcase
VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 

Born In Park Here Since Day 1
My Mood: Approved
.:Blue:. has turned into a sparkling Pirate!.:Blue:. has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Hey, Marth! Seeing as you're the only other Brawler online, how about we duel? xD

.:Blue:.
Old 05-17-2009, 02:46 PM
Banned

Alright, read the PM. I'll start hooking up the Wii.
Old 05-18-2009, 01:19 AM
Awards Showcase
Epitaph Participant's Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 6

Born In Park Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Procastinating
Palkia is as Frosty as a Snowman
hey im getting a router soon. i want to fight with someone!
but no items plz, especially the smart bomb and the smash ball. they're cheap.

I'm a scene kid XP
Old 05-19-2009, 08:01 AM
I iz lazy.
Awards Showcase

dude, claw,
i added your code and all, but it still said awaiting n stuff...

- shrug -

Old 05-22-2009, 04:58 AM
I iz lazy.
Awards Showcase

kabump

and never mind claw, you're now officially my friend
we needa battle sometime
LOL

Old 05-22-2009, 07:18 AM
Disneyland Jr. Reporter™
Awards Showcase

Born In Park VIP
Quote:
That exploding box came out, that's when I ended it.

And Items are always off in competitive play. If I'm correct, every MLG tournament for Melee had items off.
Items can be part of strategy, but a lot of the time bombs and other things like that drop on you causing lucky deaths.

When there are no items its just your skill vs another guy's skill, no lucky kills. (Unless one guy SDs)
Yeah, still don't recall any exploding box. From my vantage point, I got off to a decent start and then it was no-contested. Eh, anyway, I'll give you your props. You're good with Marth and handled me pretty thoroughly.

As far as the items go, I can't say I really care what they do in official tournaments. I play for fun and I think items can potentially enhance the experience. Don't get me wrong, I agree that "no-items" is the surest way to judge pure fighting skill, but to me, Smash Brothers has never been about pure fighting skill. It should be a little more fun, a little more loose. Especially when you play online, and you never know what level of competitor you're gonna be up against, it's a good way to level the playing field. Plus, the variables keep it fresh; give it an element of surprise. Anyway, I do like playing rounds without items, as well. Even when I have items on, they're always set to "Low". Anything more than that really does get absurd.
Old 05-22-2009, 08:23 PM
Banned

Brawl is an all out fighting game, there was no need for items to be included. And if you feel I no contested it because you had a better start, let's rematch. Five stock, but I'll kill myself twice. Five vs three.

I can handle the standard spamming Diddy.
Old 05-23-2009, 03:31 AM
Disneyland Jr. Reporter™
Awards Showcase

Born In Park VIP
Quote:
Brawl is an all out fighting game, there was no need for items to be included. And if you feel I no contested it because you had a better start, let's rematch. Five stock, but I'll kill myself twice. Five vs three.

I can handle the standard spamming Diddy.
The reason items were included was to give it a new spin, make it fresh, keep people on their toes, and to level the playing field so more people can enjoy the experience. That's what Nintendo does. That said, I completely respect you not wanting to play with items. That's why they give you the option. I also agree that items can be annoying, especially when set above anything other than "Low". I don't like playing with them every time, either. I like the difference between the styles and strategy.

I do think it's pretty stupid the way some people get so upset about them, though. It's a game. Roll with the punches. The items give you a better chance at a more even match, because again, they're good at leveling the field. You might enjoy uncontested beat-down after beat-down, but I guess I'd rather have a closer, more competitive match, and when you don't know who you're going up against, items are a good way to keep it close, no matter what.

Going back to our first match, I'm just telling you what I saw. Could be I'm mistaken. It's not a big deal. Either way, I already gave you your props. You're a master of the blade. Congratulations. I wouldn't mind playing you again, but I don't have anything to prove. I'm there for fun.