Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Other Games > Other G Rated Games > Other Games Archive

Other Games Archive Other Games Archive

Old Xbox 360 or Wii?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 08-10-2008, 03:00 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner Smilie Story: The Beach Winner Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Trivia Winner Mod Match Participant Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant 
Total Awards: 13

My Mood: Festive
TheMagicWithin has turned into a sparkling Pirate!TheMagicWithin has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Xbox 360 or Wii?

I'm thinking of saving up to try to buy one of these. Which one should I get?
Old 08-10-2008, 03:01 AM
Glitter = LoVe!
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Trivia Winner Mod Match Participant Happy St. Patrick's Day 
Total Awards: 14

Born In Park Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: PinkFlips
Pinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
As i said before LOL
Wii!
Old 08-10-2008, 03:02 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner Smilie Story: The Beach Winner Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Trivia Winner Mod Match Participant Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant 

TheMagicWithin has turned into a sparkling Pirate!TheMagicWithin has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
But why is the Wii better?
Old 08-10-2008, 03:06 AM
Glitter = LoVe!
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Trivia Winner Mod Match Participant Happy St. Patrick's Day 
Total Awards: 14

Born In Park Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: PinkFlips
Pinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
> i really dont know Xbox360 So i just said wii
Old 08-10-2008, 03:07 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase

OK thanks Pinkglitter .
Old 08-10-2008, 03:14 AM
Subway
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award 
Total Awards: 1

SweetChinMusic ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
xbox if you want the shooters/action games!

Wii if you want the party, group games!
Old 08-10-2008, 03:15 AM
hmmm! (:
Awards Showcase
St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Trivia Winner Patriot 2010 Award Trivia Winner Happy Valentine's Day Trivia Winner Happy Holidays'09 Award 
Total Awards: 20

My Mood: Woah
Pink_Bink is covered with ConfettiPink_Bink is covered with ConfettiPink_Bink is covered with Confetti
Wii.
I don't like Xbox's.
I have a wii and personally love it. =)
Wii's are more popular, in my opinion. :]
Wii's have some of the games that the Xbox360 has. ( Guitar Hero for example. )
Old 08-10-2008, 03:19 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase

Hmm... I HATE most shooter games(Halo rocks though)

I love party and group games
Old 08-10-2008, 03:22 AM
Subway
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award 

SweetChinMusic ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMagicWithin View Post
Hmm... I HATE most shooter games(Halo rocks though)

I love party and group games
I agree with you on that one.

but what I like about xbox is xbox live- talking with a headset
Old 08-10-2008, 04:54 AM
Courageous
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Guess the Picture Winner's Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 7

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: MadHat
Brer_Nick is spinning in a Cursed Storm
It depends what you want in a system. I own both so I'm not biased even if I seem so.

360-Hardcore gamer for the most part. If your into games with a story, plot, everything nintendo used to be except coded in blood and guns this is for you. Of course the 360 isn't all shooters and horror games. 360 has a huge array of sports, party, and platformers as well. The main selling point for the 360 is that EVERYTHING that is anything is released on it. Every good developer, francise, movie, and etc release there products on 360. LucasArts, Rare, Bungie, and Capcom to name a few. The Force Unleased, Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts, Halo Wars, and Resident Evil correspond with the companys. Along side that 360 has the best graphics besides PS3 but without the long loading times which come with the graphics. Since this is more family orrientented site and is looking more for party games I'll give a small preview of the "party" scene for 360. Scene It (personal favorite) is releasing again updated with more movies and trivia, Lips is a singing game where you can plug your Ipod or Zune into your 360 and sing along or sing against a friend to any song that can be put on an Ipod, Rock Band2 and Guitar Hero4, and Your In The Movies a game where you do whacky mini-games in front of a vision camera using your arms and legs that result in a funny movie staring you and your friends. There is also Live which allows someone playing at home to connect to the entire world and play against them in whatever game you have in whether it be Uno or SoulCalibur. You can also hook up with your friends over live and play them and talk to them even if your far away. Even make new friends. I have like a dozen friends from Michigan. Maybe I'll move to Michigan... LIVE is probably the only reason 360 is so popular and got the opportunity to become what it is.

Wii-Wii is basically multiplayer only. You can only play if you have friends or family to play with you and it's all mini-games. There hasn't been one wii game with a epic story so far and most games cut out story all together. Wii is not fun to play by yourself but if you have friends it's incrediably fun. Just make sure you don't repeat the same game too often because the go stale fast. The best games for the Wii are Mario Galaxy, Smash Bros Brawl, WiiSports, Cooking Mama and WarioWare. besides that everything is a rent. Nothing is really worth buying. Still it's great at parties and it's never going to be anything over T and that only because of Brawl which has nothing that would make a T necessary besides your fighting. My favorite feature about the wii at the moment (besides the motion controls) is the VC channel or Virtual Console. Going to the VC allows you to purchase select games from the old Nintendo systems like N64, SNES, and NES. There are also not very good systems on there that seem to be pointless. Also there are WiiWare. Games developers make that are new and pretty random games never seen before (basically Xbox Live Arcade). The only problem is the wii has a large memory issue. So be prepared to only get the games you really want because your wii can only save so much data. Also be prepared to delete game data if you play or rent new games on a somewhat regular basis (once or twice a month). Either way amazing system with alot of flaws. Still if your only looking for the G-rated party seen this would be it. It's also cheap. Probably why they're so hard to get your hands on. Incrediably fun system that will last you awhile. I'm still playing WiiSports and I've had my wii for over a year now.

There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow, shining at the end of every day. There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow, just a Dream away...
Old 08-10-2008, 05:47 AM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

Born In Park
My Mood: Aggressive
Misuzu is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I have both of them but I like my wii better xDD
Its just uh.. Funner!
Old 08-10-2008, 07:23 AM
My Monkey!

darthmickey is spinning in a Cursed Storm
xbox 360...because of halo 3 lol
Old 08-10-2008, 12:33 PM
Thanks To All!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 
Total Awards: 4

My Mood: Bahahaha
Nickpf is spinning in a Cursed Storm
i have a wii and play it everyday, get wifi and u can get the internet channel which lets u surf the web on ur wii, as nick said u can get old games from nes or snes, also with wifi u can go challenge ur friends with wiis to a race in mario kart or a battle in medal of honor 2, or just battle with ppl in some other country! not only that but u can get wii fit where if its raining outside and u like to get exercise, crank up wii fit and u can get lots of excerise.
(warning to get intrnet channel, u must purchase wii point to then by other games and channels)

Thanks Friez for the awesome sig and buttons of doom!!!
Old 08-10-2008, 04:20 PM
disco pogo
Awards Showcase
Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Winner's Award Graphics Trio Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Surrender
BuzzBoy133 is covered with ConfettiBuzzBoy133 is covered with ConfettiBuzzBoy133 is covered with Confetti
The Wii all the way, dude. Wi-Fi. Pokemon. SSBB. Mario. All those. The Xbox can't play any of them.

Old 08-10-2008, 04:45 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase

True Buzz... then I could battle you