Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Other > Off Topic > WAY Off Topic

WAY Off Topic Off Topic archive

Old Money Help!

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 01-15-2010, 12:26 AM
Birth By Sleep <3
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Happy Valentine's Day Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Patriot 2009 Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Happy Valentine's Gumshoe Award 
Total Awards: 10

My Mood: Ethereal
Kairi_Sora is as Frosty as a Snowman
Money Help!

Recently I've been trying to put money into my savings account(my dad made it for me like a couple months ago) to save up some money. Without thinking about it, I always spend the money I get. I had like 30 dollars, of which I spent on a movie ticket with popcorn&drink and some money to pay part of the cost of new jeans I got. (they were $20 skinny jeans so I payed $6 and my dad payed for the rest) Now besides my $25 Hollister gift card, I only have like $1 and some coins. Since I wanted to buy more than one thing at Hollister, I need a couple more dollars. My dad said he would pay me $5 if I shoveled, but there hasn't really been any snow yet.

I really need advice on saving money instead of spending it a week after I get it.
]:

EDIT: There aren't really any little kids that need babysitting either around my neighborhood....
Old 01-15-2010, 12:55 AM
A Key... blade?
Awards Showcase
Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Guess the Picture Participation Award Happy Holidays'09 Award Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Participant Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day 
Total Awards: 13

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Awkward
Sly cooper is as Frosty as a Snowman
I would put it into a savings account immediately to stop yourself from spending it right away.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:51 AM
disco pogo
Awards Showcase
Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Winner's Award Graphics Trio Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Surrender
BuzzBoy133 is covered with ConfettiBuzzBoy133 is covered with ConfettiBuzzBoy133 is covered with Confetti
Ask that any and all forms of money be made out in the form of a check.

Old 01-15-2010, 02:24 AM
~ say cheese.
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Happy Holidays'09 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Mod Match Participant Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 8

My Mood: vmkpalish
HollyZooks is as Frosty as a Snowman
Lol, whenever I get change, I put it into my piggybank that's like, impossible to open!

And I think maybe you should ask your parents to get paid for your report card.
A = $10
B = $5
C, D, F = $0

My friend does it and she gets $80 when she gets all A's.

Lol, or if you rather have memories than money, my parents treat me to trips. My last trip was EPCOT :]

For money:
Wash your parent's car
Clean your room
DOGsitting (I get paid $40 to dogsit a dog with cataracts)

I dont know anything else...

everything by me.
Old 01-15-2010, 03:08 AM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Patriot 2010 Award VMK Memories Award 2010 
Total Awards: 28

My Mood: AFK
Vivi is Buried in TreasureVivi is Buried in Treasure
Find a job if you're old enough. Or, ask for a job with some friend's/cousin's/uncle, aunt/whatever's workplace. For example, if one of your relatives own a shop, you could ask to be cashier for a reasonable price. I'm old enough to get a job, so that's how I get my money. And grades.
But yeah. That or begin your own business. If your good at something (making jewelry, proofreading, ect ect) you can pay for your services.
That's all I can think of right now.
(As for me, the proofreading service at school is really awesome. I charge fifty cents a page.)
Old 01-19-2010, 07:20 PM
i am a sloth.
Awards Showcase
Arcade Winner Xmas Wishlist '09 Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Winner Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award Expert Relocator Participants Award 
Total Awards: 15

Born In Park
My Mood: PandaExpress
Friez is Buried in TreasureFriez is Buried in TreasureFriez is Buried in Treasure
I would agree with immediately putting your money into savings, rather than spending it right away. You can do stuff around your neighborhood- like rake lawns, shovel snow, do garden work, etc. I live in a neighborhood with a lot of elderly people, so that kind of stuff works. When we go on vacations, my next-door neighbor waters our flowers and we pay her for that. You can really just look around and see where people are willing to pay you.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:08 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Halloween'10 Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Your Favorite Attraction Award Happy Valentine's Day Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Golden Years Award 
Total Awards: 8

My Mood: SaveVMK
VMKObsessed554 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Here are a couple things that might help you:

1. Immediately put it in your savings account

2. Next time you wanna buy something and your going shopping, look around and ask yourself, do I really NEED to buy that right now?

The day the world cried for VMK
I was one of those people.

--BestCookie_Crazy