Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Other > Arts, Creativity, Sigs, & Avatars > Paint By Numbers

Paint By Numbers Post your tutorial and how-to guides here for the art community!

Old * How to do animated text on GIMP! *

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 12-30-2008, 08:45 PM
Glitter = LoVe!
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Trivia Winner Mod Match Participant Happy St. Patrick's Day 
Total Awards: 14

Born In Park Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: PinkFlips
Pinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
* How to do animated text on GIMP! *

NOTE: YOU MUST YOU GIMP
How To Do Animated Text On Gimp
( IMG Below )

1. First Open a new Document. 200 x 200 Filled With transparently
2. Click the text tool twice to get the box change the settings to Size 8 Font DO NOT CLOSE THE BOX YET : 04b03 YOU MUST YOU THAT FONT AND SIZE
3. Hit the enter button and Enter Your Text
4. Put a space before and after your text
5. Pull back up your text and push path to text.
6. Close Text tool box.
7. Go to Select > Path to text ( Or Shirt + V ) Your Text should look like Below

8. Select > Grow You should get a box like below enter 1 and push okay.
9. Go to View > Zoom > 8/1 800%
10. Get out your Cropping tool ( Shift + C ) and crop around like dotted line like below

11. Fill in the space between the lines and the text with an outline color. Ill choose black. REMEBER TO FILL IN THE MIDDLES OF O AND A AND OTHER STUFF LIKE THAT INSTEAD OF LEAVING THE TRASPARENT/( NOTE: It can not be the same colors of you base text color or color you r going to animate it with )
12. Go to Layer > Merge Down until you can’t anymore.
13. Get out the pencil Circle O1
14. Fill in the first letter of your word with any color but your outline color. Ill choose pink.
15. Go to Layer > Duplicate Layer
16. Repeat step 14 and 15 with all the letters. ( You can change colors )
17. After finishing all the letters repeat 15 one more time.
18. Go to File > save as
19. A Box should pop up like below Enter a name then click select file type Scroll down to gif image click it once and push save

20. Another Box should pop up like below set it as Save As animation and click export.

21. Again another box should pop up like below. Set the speed ( It will change how fast the animation goes ) { I set mine to 100 } and click save.

THEN YOUR DONE!

--

Need Some help?
Look Down Here!!
Here How yours should look

--

How Well did I do Explaining?
Rate The Guide!

Old 12-30-2008, 08:52 PM
Birth By Sleep <3
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Happy Valentine's Day Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Patriot 2009 Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Happy Valentine's Gumshoe Award 
Total Awards: 10

My Mood: Ethereal
Kairi_Sora is as Frosty as a Snowman
Here's mine:
Btw, i followed a different tutorial that's like yours
And I did the color thing different.
I just have 1 question though. When you put the text in like an avatar, how do you make it so that the words stay there instead of disappearing and appearing?
This is what happened to me And I tried putting the text in first before animating, but it only let me animate 1 word
Thanks for the tutorial!
Old 12-30-2008, 08:55 PM
Glitter = LoVe!
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Trivia Winner Mod Match Participant Happy St. Patrick's Day 

Pinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Sora You see how your letters like O's there is no middle. You cand to fill it in when your a filling in ur outline color instead of leaving it transparent.

Last edited by Jezzi; 12-30-2008 at 09:54 PM.. Reason: reply to deleted post
Old 12-30-2008, 09:05 PM
disco pogo
Awards Showcase
Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Winner's Award Graphics Trio Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Surrender
BuzzBoy133 is covered with ConfettiBuzzBoy133 is covered with ConfettiBuzzBoy133 is covered with Confetti
Hmm... good, but those pics look confusing. I'm glad you made this. Now I don't have to PM people the link to the tutorial I used!

Old 12-30-2008, 09:42 PM
Birth By Sleep <3
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Happy Valentine's Day Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Patriot 2009 Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Happy Valentine's Gumshoe Award 

Is this how it's supposed to be?

I did every single thing and followed your tutorial
Old 12-30-2008, 09:45 PM
disco pogo
Awards Showcase
Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Winner's Award Graphics Trio Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Surrender
BuzzBoy133 is covered with ConfettiBuzzBoy133 is covered with ConfettiBuzzBoy133 is covered with Confetti
Yep, thats correct, my friend.

Old 12-30-2008, 10:14 PM
Glitter = LoVe!
Awards Showcase

Yeah.
LOL Buzz. I love when people go my friend.
XOXO,
Pink
Old 12-30-2008, 11:59 PM
♥qɐɟ ǝɹɐ sʇop ɐʞ1od ʞuıd♥
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Super Sleuth Award Graphics Trio Participant Award 
Total Awards: 11

My Mood: Pretty
FabTab is Buried in TreasureFabTab is Buried in Treasure

Fab tutorial!
I already know how to make animated text but I did it with Photofiltre.
I'll try it out with Gimp, thankies!

Old 12-31-2008, 12:07 AM
Birth By Sleep <3
Awards Showcase

You can make animated text on PhotoFiltre???
I never knew that.....
Can you PM me how to Tab?(You don't have to if you don't feel like it)
I thought that you couldn't make anything animated on PhotoFiltre
Old 12-31-2008, 02:25 AM
Glitter = LoVe!
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairi&Sora View Post
You can make animated text on PhotoFiltre???
I never knew that.....
Can you PM me how to Tab?(You don't have to if you don't feel like it)
I thought that you couldn't make anything animated on PhotoFiltre
You have to save it frame by Frame. So if the text is 20 letter you would have to make 20 sep. and then use an animation program to animate it. At lease that is what i think.
Old 12-31-2008, 03:47 AM
I'm so 2008 Your 200LATE
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 5

My Mood: Artistic
Kyris is floating through Inner Space
I need special lessons on GIMP LOL I don't even know how to get an image on there also is GIMPshop free?
Old 12-31-2008, 04:06 AM
sugarlandconcert♥
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Halloween '09 Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Mod Match Participant 
Total Awards: 15

My Mood: Creative
taylorswiftfan13 has Fireworks shooting off over their headtaylorswiftfan13 has Fireworks shooting off over their headtaylorswiftfan13 has Fireworks shooting off over their headtaylorswiftfan13 has Fireworks shooting off over their headtaylorswiftfan13 has Fireworks shooting off over their head
How come you have to have that font?
I messed something up so I can't download fonts anymore :[
I was able to download one, Walt Disney Script.
Old 12-31-2008, 04:08 AM
Glitter = LoVe!
Awards Showcase

Idk. I learned from a Tut on another site and thats what they told me.
Old 12-31-2008, 04:10 AM
sugarlandconcert♥
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Halloween '09 Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Mod Match Participant 
Total Awards: 15

My Mood: Creative
taylorswiftfan13 has Fireworks shooting off over their headtaylorswiftfan13 has Fireworks shooting off over their headtaylorswiftfan13 has Fireworks shooting off over their headtaylorswiftfan13 has Fireworks shooting off over their headtaylorswiftfan13 has Fireworks shooting off over their head
I'l try it with a different font and see how it works xD
Old 12-31-2008, 04:21 AM
i knit sweaters, yo.
Awards Showcase
Expert Relocator Participants Award Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: Relaxed
daizyduke is as Frosty as a Snowman
just one question...
where do you get the font "04b03"?
do you have to download it from somewhere?
or is it already there? sorry i haven't checked
yet.

rememberthefantasyforever