Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > Project: SAVE VMK! > Project: SAVE VMK! Archive

Project: SAVE VMK! Archive Archive forum for Project: SAVE VMK!

Old VMK is Closed. VMK Will Reopen in 8 Hours

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 05-22-2008, 05:45 AM
has Left the Building
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Graphics Trio Winner Award Graphics Trio Participant Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 6

DiamondMeme has Fireworks shooting off over their headDiamondMeme has Fireworks shooting off over their headDiamondMeme has Fireworks shooting off over their headDiamondMeme has Fireworks shooting off over their head
VMK is Closed. VMK Will Reopen in 8 Hours

Have you ever noticed when u are using ****** there is a message that says everyday "VMK is closed It will reopen in 8 hours"? Well today... I didn't just look at it, I felt a deep feeling inside. At the last second vmk was open. Good night VMK! See all those people saying goodbye. Did you ever just feel like there was nothing so magical that would end? Did you just have that feeling you've known a friend forever but really you just met them a day ago? VMK wasn't just a game. It was a virtual life leading us to great friends and a great feeling inside. Everyday I open vmk and see that big play button, I feel like I have a free season pass to all the disneyparks. When Yavn said it was just a new beginning, he never mentioned what it felt to him that he made the choice that vmk was to be closed down. Does he know how it feels to have dreams crushed and millions of players send you emails, phonecalls, and letters saying that they want vmk to stay open? I'm writing this message to all of you vmk players not only because I won't be able to play vmk again, but because there will be no other game where we can experience Disneyland and Disneyworld at our own computer chair. We've all tried. But no, it never helped. Did they ever think about the players one bit? Think about autoalice's children crying "Do something mommy!". They are probably wondering right now, why can't I play vmk tomorrow?

We all know it was just a promotion, but if it was just a promotion, why would they let millions of players join and join each day with happiness and excitement and then all of a sudden close it down?

Lets just all take the time to actually thank disney that we've experienced vmk. A Magical world with excitement and mickey just around the corner. From the first ever goofy hat to the last ever nemo hat.

VMK is Closed. It will Reopen in 8 Hours. Tell me why I'll wake up and not go straight to the computer and play vmk...
Old 05-22-2008, 05:51 AM
I iz lazy.
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Spooky Scribe Award Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: Insomnious
Blossomflower is Buried in TreasureBlossomflower is Buried in TreasureBlossomflower is Buried in Treasure
T_T YOU MADE ME GO EMO AGAIN - runs off -

tell ya 1 thing. i hate disney now. well, the people who run it.

what would walt think? o_o
Old 05-22-2008, 05:52 AM
« How Unfortunate
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
CapnOlaf is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossomflower View Post
"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing." - Walt Disney
Old 05-22-2008, 06:06 AM
Twitterpatted!
Awards Showcase
Your Favorite Attraction Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Signature Donation Award 
Total Awards: 4

VIP
My Mood: Adventurous
PrincessSofia is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I think we should get WWWD arm bands to show our support!

I hope you all have a great year! l I need a signature! l Thank you everyone!
Old 05-25-2008, 05:36 AM
Bye VMK. dont forget.

purpleangelcutie10 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
T_T reading this just makes me remember...

i hate the people who run disney now too. ._. >_>
Old 05-25-2008, 07:30 AM
!Moar!
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Guess the Picture Winner's Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 6

iRaccoon is spinning in a Cursed Storm
For someone reason when i look at Yavn i think of an evil zombie/human/alien/Yavn/dragon/monster/ogre hybrid of a human with a pretty cracked up face with a huge ol' hole inside his stumack O_o
Old 05-25-2008, 08:11 AM
TR2N Are You Ready?
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Spooky Scribe Award Halloween '09 Award Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 13

Destination has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Destination has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
I agree. I always opened and played VMK and it felt to me like as if I were really in the parks. Then I would go to bed feeling like if I had just had a long fun day at Disneyland. But now I can't experience that anymore. Now all I can think about is what I just saw on TV which was probably American idol or something which is pretty boring.
Old 05-25-2008, 11:23 AM

Super Megaquack ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
In all fairness to Yavn, I don't think it was his fault. He seemed to love VMK and basically his creation. Who wants to have something they spent hours and hours, days and days, and years and years making be shut down? Lol, VMK was almost like Yavn's baby, and the last thing I think he would have wanted to do is throw it away. Rather, it wasn't making more money then it cost and Disney didn't want to fund it anymore. And from a corporate view, who could blame them? I mean your not going to spend millions of dollars on something that gets you no money. I understand all of your frustration (even though I feel differently as I never really got into VMK. It was great during Beta, but I feel like things turned around after that), but I don't think Yavn is to blame.
Old 05-25-2008, 12:45 PM
Go Giants! 11-2
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: Woot
Cools is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Well, some of my sources have said that yavn quit last year. So for all we know, it could've been the guy who took his place.. But I agree about how it felt we went to Disneyland for a day, every day... With all of our friends and it's all free!

~€00L$
Old 05-25-2008, 01:08 PM
ish
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: Errrrr
Riot is as Frosty as a Snowman
VMK should have come with a warning label.

"VMK will close when everyone has made hundreds of friends and they are perfectly happy)

Old 05-25-2008, 01:22 PM
VMK_Lion's #1 Fan!
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Halloween'11 Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 50

My Mood: Happy
MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Wow, deep words.

I really do think they are hiding something. They probably have a hidden agenda that we don't know about.
Old 05-25-2008, 10:21 PM

Super Megaquack ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cools View Post
Well, some of my sources have said that yavn quit last year. So for all we know, it could've been the guy who took his place.. But I agree about how it felt we went to Disneyland for a day, every day... With all of our friends and it's all free!

~€00L$
Really? I may not be that much into VMK, but I don't know about that. I never heard that at least. That may be why VMK went downhill in the past year.
Old 05-25-2008, 11:10 PM
Turtle talk with Crush!
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

black33 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLKnCookies View Post
Wow, deep words.

I really do think they are hiding something. They probably have a hidden agenda that we don't know about.
Yeah, I agree with this..

I think that something is going on that they just haven't told us about yet...
Old 05-26-2008, 12:45 AM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Megaquack View Post
In all fairness to Yavn, I don't think it was his fault. He seemed to love VMK and basically his creation. Who wants to have something they spent hours and hours, days and days, and years and years making be shut down? Lol, VMK was almost like Yavn's baby, and the last thing I think he would have wanted to do is throw it away. Rather, it wasn't making more money then it cost and Disney didn't want to fund it anymore. And from a corporate view, who could blame them? I mean your not going to spend millions of dollars on something that gets you no money. I understand all of your frustration (even though I feel differently as I never really got into VMK. It was great during Beta, but I feel like things turned around after that), but I don't think Yavn is to blame.
Well as yavn stated in the last newsletter he came up with the idea for vmk, so he sold all the rights to disney, so if yavn was smarter then a box of rocks he would have made sure that vmk would have been open longer in his contract.
Old 05-27-2008, 02:07 PM
VMK Saver??? Uh... no
Awards Showcase
Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 4

VIP
My Mood: Cursed
supertanno is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossomflower View Post
T_T YOU MADE ME GO EMO AGAIN - runs off -

tell ya 1 thing. i hate disney now. well, the people who run it.

It's not the fault of Disney. It's the fault of the makers of Habbo Hotel (who also made VMK).