Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > VMK Gaming Archived Forums > VMK Mini-Games > VMK Mini-Games Archive

VMK Mini-Games Archive VMK Mini-Games Archive

Old Hyperspace Mountain Time Challenge!

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 11-21-2005, 12:46 AM
single-serving friend

MrGenie has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundMrGenie has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundMrGenie has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundMrGenie has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Hyperspace Mountain Time Challenge!

If you're bored with the Hyperspace Mountain game already, here's a new twist on the game that you might enjoy...how fast can you beat the game? I originally issued a time challenge in the Hyperspace Mountain Tips and Strategies thread, but I haven't had any takers yet so I am moving my challenge to its own thread along with my latest improved time.

Here's the deal: the first person to beat my time below while scoring at least 25,000 points (and picking up all six modules) in the Hyperspace Mountain game will win the following Tomorrowland prize package:
  • Complete Tomorrowland Retro Pin Set, (including submarine pin)
  • Yellow or Purple Rocket Couch (beta)
  • Underwater Organ - Blue (beta)
  • Full Space Suit
  • Three Yellow HKDL Chairs
  • Linking Stitch Teleporters
  • Teleportation Pin
  • Monorail Poster

Here's my best time to date (I reserve the right to improve my time if nobody has beaten me yet):

Good luck, and have fun! If you manage to beat my time, please post your screenshot to claim your prize.

Last edited by MrGenie; 11-24-2005 at 04:47 AM.. Reason: Whew...under 4:10! My life is complete. :)
Old 11-21-2005, 12:47 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: Disney
LittleJoe has disabled reputation
Wow. Is that 4 minutes? Good Luck to all that try.
Old 11-21-2005, 03:38 AM
single-serving friend

MrGenie has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundMrGenie has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundMrGenie has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundMrGenie has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleJoe
Wow. Is that 4 minutes? Good Luck to all that try.
Yeah, it's a four.

Just in case anyone is wondering, I don't think there are any real tricks/shortcuts/cheats for this game. I just fly around at a pretty high speed, get only the minimum number of colored balls, and never save. I actually made a video yesterday, but it didn't turn out very well since apparently I don't have enough memory to both play the game and make a video at the same time (plus I accidentally cropped out part of the screen when I moved the window over and forgot to update my screen coordinates ). The game actually lags pretty bad when I am recording a video, but in the end it helped me...I spent so long trying to improve my time while making the video (because I didn't realize it was lagging) that when I played a few games without the lag, I was able to improve on my previous best time (4:48) by almost half a minute. At that time, I thought anything under 4:30 would be impossible, but now I don't know. Using the path I always take, I can see a risky 4:10 time, but anything under four minutes would be pretty crazy. As it is, 4:19 is a little crazy too, if you ask me!
Old 11-21-2005, 03:57 AM
Registered+

Adventureally is spinning in a Cursed Storm
wow...nice job...i still can't beat the game...i get all 25,000 points and get blown up by the rocket as i am going to the spaceship...arg...i have a beta red turnstile if anyone would like to trade a code for it...i might pull my hair out if i get blown up by that rocket one more time!!! I also takes me like 10 minutes to get all 25000 points at the end...any tips?
Adventureally
Old 11-21-2005, 06:00 AM
single-serving friend

The best tips are in the thread I linked in my original post. As for scoring over 25,000, you don't actually have to get that many colored balls if you factor in the speed bonus to your total score. In the game where I got a time of 4:19, I only picked up 10,000 in colored balls; the rest was from the speed bonus. In the other strategy thread, I gave a formula for calculating the bonus. Just figure out how fast you can beat the game not counting the colored balls, and then figure out how much you need to score so that you are over 25,000 when you include the bonus. Good luck!
Old 11-21-2005, 06:06 AM
Registered Users

Gotsumgame has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Gotsumgame has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
MrGenie,

I will definetly try, but your just "incredible" at these games...LOL
Old 11-21-2005, 06:09 AM
~!Pirate Mania!~

disneyrocks has turned into a sparkling Pirate!disneyrocks has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Let me just tell you all...i tried about 10 times today I ended up crashing because i was going to fast =) that score is tough to beat. GL to all who try

And Genie WOAH! i can now say that your the best at Tomorrowland Arcade games
Old 11-21-2005, 02:18 PM
First Cuban on VMK

SpaceAce ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
I cant even go up to the secoond room
Old 11-24-2005, 04:58 AM
single-serving friend

Well, after who knows how many hours of crashing the poor little jetpack kid into rocks and rockets, I finally achieved my goal and proved to myself that a time below 4:10 is possible (I got a 4:08...see first post for screenshot). I'm keeping the contest open indefinitely, but I can't imagine personally improving on this time so you can consider me "retired" for now. Beat 4:08 and the goodies are yours!
Old 11-24-2005, 04:59 AM
I miss my mocha cat :(

Miss.Adventure ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
Thanks MrGenie I finally won the game. The game is very hard.

Aj
Old 11-24-2005, 05:04 AM
Disney Movie Quest Owner

DarkKnightCecil is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I cant get below 10:00. MrGenie are you cheating and making your own screenshots. Lol jk but you rock at that game dude!
Old 11-24-2005, 05:04 AM
Registered+

silver is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I have a question Mr.Genie. Let's say I beat the score( which i didn't) and I didnt take the screen shot because I dont know how(sad I know).Would I still get a prize or do you have to have hard evidence?

-Silver
Old 11-24-2005, 05:06 AM
WDW is my home

My Mood: Ape
DaBEEF is as Frosty as a Snowman
this is more of a super duper contest than justa challenge...that prize package is so sweet! i can't even survive 2 seconds in that game... it is soooo hard for me. i just have no hand-eye-coordination. LOL
Old 11-24-2005, 05:33 AM
Registered+

silver is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Hey Mr.Genie,

I have been trying to beat your Impossibility.

I have scored 26,000 points in 5:20 I am almost there lol

That is really hard to beat

-Silver
Old 11-24-2005, 05:36 AM
single-serving friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver
I have a question Mr.Genie. Let's say I beat the score( which i didn't) and I didnt take the screen shot because I dont know how(sad I know).Would I still get a prize or do you have to have hard evidence?

-Silver
Yeah, I'm gonna have to see a screenshot. I'm sure you'll want one for posterity too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver
Hey Mr.Genie,

I have been trying to beat your Impossibility.

I have scored 26,000 points in 5:20 I am almost there lol

That is really hard to beat

-Silver
I know. The funny thing is, the lower your time, the more you realize how hard it is!