Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > Project: SAVE VMK! > Project: SAVE VMK! Archive

Project: SAVE VMK! Archive Archive forum for Project: SAVE VMK!

Old Reasons why VMK Closed

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 11-03-2008, 10:21 PM
Di$$$$$$ney
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 4

My Mood: BanHappy
Flame Gun is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Reasons why VMK Closed

Here are many reasons why VMK Closed:

1) Company Split
A most likely reason that VMK might have closed is that Sulake, and Disney split on VMK. They probably had a three-year contract and then decided to not renew it.

Evidence: VMK Closed the Day before it Opened - Resembling an exact Three-Year or any year contract.

2) Taken
Disney, being a Major family company, also promoting Internet Saftey, probably didn't want taken anymore.

Evidence: Disney Opened Fairies and Cars in place of VMK. This was obviously an attempt to seperate Boys and Girls, as well as an attempt to AIM for a lower age audience.

3) Economic Recession
VMK could have closed due to Economic Recession. The Economy started going down in March, and recovered in early October. Because VMK generates no profit. This could just not do for Disney.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:25 PM
blehh♥♥
Awards Showcase
Halloween'10 Award Spooky Scribe Award Golden Years Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Winner 
Total Awards: 12

My Mood: Baffled
xoop is covered with Confettixoop is covered with Confettixoop is covered with Confetti
That makes sense, I don't really agree with #2... I don't think they'd close a game for that :I But I agree!
Old 11-03-2008, 10:41 PM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
I agree, except for two because you can have older guys and girls on pirates online.
Old 11-08-2008, 02:43 PM
i am a sloth.
Awards Showcase
Arcade Winner Xmas Wishlist '09 Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Winner Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award Expert Relocator Participants Award 
Total Awards: 15

Born In Park
My Mood: PandaExpress
Friez is Buried in TreasureFriez is Buried in TreasureFriez is Buried in Treasure
I gotta agree with #3. Mainly because when they opened Pixie Hollow, they made it pay-to-play. Kinda suspicious don't you think?
Old 11-08-2008, 03:00 PM
Thanks To All!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 
Total Awards: 4

My Mood: Bahahaha
Nickpf is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I agree with everything except for the thid one. The economy is NOT going up. It is still down by 400 points.

Thanks Friez for the awesome sig and buttons of doom!!!
Old 11-08-2008, 03:16 PM
VMK_Lion's #1 Fan!
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Halloween'11 Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 50

My Mood: Happy
MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
I agree except number 2, but I understand your reasoning.
Old 11-08-2008, 04:14 PM
Anyone can believe.
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Trivia Winner Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Golden Years Award 
Total Awards: 15

My Mood: Amuzed
acefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
I guess #3.
- acefredfred
Old 11-08-2008, 05:12 PM
Gone - Where I Am.
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Smilie Story: The Beach Participant Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's 
Total Awards: 10

My Mood: Adventurous
ElephantEthan is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Now when you think about it, all of your reason I actually agree with. As long as I have contact between friends from VMK, I'm fine with that :P
Old 11-08-2008, 05:14 PM
CL_Disruler
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

disruler ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
I also agree with everything, but #2. And some what of #3 because the economy was still bad and getting bad when they opened VMK, it just got progressively worse as the years went on. It could of just became unreasonably unbearble for either company to keep it and it was started as a promotion so they obviously didn't come up with some sort of payment plans. They just let it unfold. I'm curious if it put any of the companies in any kind of debt or how much they actually lost from it. They won't start it back up for profit because they probably lost so much from it that the cost of building it back, and then re-employing everybody and server space and facilities and etc. Would probably put them farther behind the line and quite frankly nobody can afford to do something like that right now.
Old 11-08-2008, 06:23 PM
•Dancing through life•
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award Halloween '08 Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 6

Born In Park Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Regal
Kitri has disabled reputation
I understand your reasoning.

Clickie
Thank you SoccerRyan and Pisces for being my math tutors!
Old 11-08-2008, 09:49 PM
VMK's New Arcade Man!!!
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: VMKForumsAddict
PowerfulSonicMint is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I disagree with you Flame Gun. I know why it closed, VMK was supposed to pay a contract set up by Sulake who made VMK regarding VMK's closure if not payed. They didn't pay it so VMK was shut down. Read my thread about it. Its total proof.
Old 11-08-2008, 11:00 PM
You've got a friend in me
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Winners Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 8

My Mood: LiveChat
fantasyforever is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame Gun View Post

2) Taken
Disney, being a Major family company, also promoting Internet Saftey, probably didn't want taken anymore.

Evidence: Disney Opened Fairies and Cars in place of VMK. This was obviously an attempt to seperate Boys and Girls, as well as an attempt to AIM for a lower age audience.

[
That actually makes some sense
Old 11-09-2008, 12:47 AM
♥qɐɟ ǝɹɐ sʇop ɐʞ1od ʞuıd♥
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Super Sleuth Award Graphics Trio Participant Award 
Total Awards: 11

My Mood: Pretty
FabTab is Buried in TreasureFabTab is Buried in Treasure

I agree with all of them.

Old 11-09-2008, 10:08 PM
Trader
Awards Showcase
Super Sleuth Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: SaveVMK
StarBP is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame Gun View Post
2) Taken

That is not true. Disney could have just added a rule to the VMK Values that outlaws taked. When Disney didn't like Pay-to-play rooms, which were so prevalent that Yavn talked about a furniture item made specifically for them, they just added a rule outlawing them.
Old 11-10-2008, 01:02 AM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by disruler View Post
I also agree with everything, but #2. And some what of #3 because the economy was still bad and getting bad when they opened VMK, it just got progressively worse as the years went on. It could of just became unreasonably unbearble for either company to keep it and it was started as a promotion so they obviously didn't come up with some sort of payment plans. They just let it unfold. I'm curious if it put any of the companies in any kind of debt or how much they actually lost from it. They won't start it back up for profit because they probably lost so much from it that the cost of building it back, and then re-employing everybody and server space and facilities and etc. Would probably put them farther behind the line and quite frankly nobody can afford to do something like that right now.
Alot of billion dollar companies could or Bill Gates.