Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Site Content > News Articles > This week in VMK Archive

This week in VMK Archive no posting

Old This Week in VMK (September 22-28)

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 09-23-2008, 06:36 AM
Let's Motor
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award 
Total Awards: 20

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: Insomnious
UpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their head
This Week in VMK (September 22-28)

This Week in VMK!
September 22- September 28

Welcome to the second installment of our new feature, This Week in VMK!
Take a peek into VMK's past as we remember some of the things that were happening...this week in VMK!

Click on the links to get more information from our VMK DOW wiki!

Missed an installment? Check out the "This Week in VMK" Archives.

2005:

September 23rd:

Released

The Hong Kong Tomorrowland Pin is released as the fifth pin in the Hong Kong Disneyland Pin Set. It is sold in the Emporium for 250 credits.

September 28th:

Newsletter
  • MagicalGlow and CL_Kaironzet offer players some Trading Tips
  • Players are told to mark their calendars for a special VMK Event. This Halloween, players are going to get the treat as staff constructs a maze to explore.
  • Top Players are AceKingAce and CL_Strajo

2006:

September 22nd:

Released

The Tron MCP Pin is released as the fourth pin in the Tron Pin Set. It is sold in the Emporium for 500 credits.

The Tron Lightcycle Couch Blue and Lightcycle Couch Yellow are also released. They are sold in the Inner-Space Shop for 500 credits each.

September 25th:

Retired

The Tron MCP Pin is no longer available in VMK.

New Homepage Look!
Click the image to view the full version

The new look for the VMK Homepage premieres.

Newsletter
  • Yavn talks about changes! Along with the new look for vmk.com, Yavn tells players about some in-game changes they can look forward to such as a revised trading system, trading icon, larger pin inventory, single use items, new hairstyles, and a pirates treasure room! He also announces the schedule for Halloween costume releases and introduces the new Staff Uniform.
  • New Staff Uniforms are here! Staff members are wearing new uniforms inspired by the Disneyland Tour Guide outfit instead of their former green uniforms.
  • In honor of Tron month, the newsletter features some Tron film facts.
  • Push provides players with the same Tron Trivia he did last week
  • This week's Tip teaches players that the crate is great.
  • The Yeti shares some information about King Arthur's Carousel.
  • Top Players this week are MissMissyLynn, CL_sugarbebe, BlueSorcerer, and AceAlienHunter .

September 28th:

Quest
Players could try their hand at Fin's Quest Madness, the day's host quest on the Q button.

2007:

All September:

Dream Month!

Players spent the month of September hoping to be awarded a prize from the VMK Dream Squad. No new items were released during this week in VMK and nothing was retired.

September 27th:

Newsletter
  • Yavn Speaks...and we listen. The end of the CL program is announced (as is the intention to bring back the program once it is re-worked) along with a sneak peek at some new Fall and Halloween items.
  • New players to VMK can find some help with the New To VMK guide.
  • Players can turn to the newsletter for Year of a Million Dreams/VMK Dreams Month information.
  • Top Players are Flyawayhorse, Imogen, and GPDOT

Thanks for reading and join us again next week as we remember VMK's past
Old 09-23-2008, 06:57 AM
Red Flips Rule!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Epitaph Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 39

VIP
My Mood: RedFlips
StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!
I bought that pin in 2005, I remember buying it for some reason. Great pin, was one of my favorites.

I remember everything there, I can also tell you that I read that newsletter in the morning when only Up and Topaz were online, and I sat on the couch instead of my chair. Then on the chat and said... omg new staff outfits. Those outfits are the best thing ever..

Woot, thanks for the post again Up.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:18 PM
Mrs. DarthMelissa to you!
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: PinkFlips
DarthMelissa has Levitated to new heights!DarthMelissa has Levitated to new heights!DarthMelissa has Levitated to new heights!DarthMelissa has Levitated to new heights!DarthMelissa has Levitated to new heights!DarthMelissa has Levitated to new heights!DarthMelissa has Levitated to new heights!
Wow, what memories that all brings back! VMK really did bring together a bunch of strangers and turn them all into friends didnt it?
Old 09-23-2008, 07:19 PM
Bird - The one and only.
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

TheBird is as Frosty as a Snowman
Great idea Up! Another great way to use our vast WIKI!

~ Birds
Old 09-23-2008, 07:48 PM
VMK_Lion's #1 Fan!
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Halloween'11 Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 50

My Mood: Happy
MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
2005- Didn't join yet
2006- I Quit
2007- Totally Remember
Old 09-23-2008, 08:02 PM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's 

SkyRocket is as Frosty as a Snowman
I liked Haley's and Jake's Blog.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:09 PM
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Patriot 2010 Award Guess the Picture Participation Award Trivia Winner Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Valentine's Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 27

Matterz has disabled reputation
Brings back the good and bad memories.
I missed the CL's once they left.
We should've known the closing was coming..
Disney would never get rid of the workers inside a regular kingdom.
Why should the Virtual Kingdom be different?
Old 09-23-2008, 09:59 PM
blehh♥♥
Awards Showcase
Halloween'10 Award Spooky Scribe Award Golden Years Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Winner 
Total Awards: 12

My Mood: Baffled
xoop is covered with Confettixoop is covered with Confettixoop is covered with Confetti
Oh, wow! XD
Sept. 2005 - I remember that!! My account was a month old! Wewt!
Sept. 2006 - Dude! I FAILED at the Tron quest! I was like so upset!
Sept. 2007 - I was so surprised at the new homepage! It stayed for less than a year *sigh*
Sept. 2008 - *sob*
Old 09-24-2008, 03:33 AM
Nothing.
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: Adventurous
ivanbyte9 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
2005-I remmeber that. I just can't believe I was there in 2005! This thread just made me find out!
2006-Mmm, wasn't there, guess I was still banned.
2007-Remember it!
Old 09-24-2008, 05:09 AM
I iz lazy.
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Spooky Scribe Award Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 7

Blossomflower is Buried in TreasureBlossomflower is Buried in TreasureBlossomflower is Buried in Treasure
- clicks the link and looks at the page look when i joined -

i.. had.. completely forgotten that..

- suddenly feels terrible -

VMK WHY'D YOU HAVE TO GO

Old 09-24-2008, 08:09 PM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
I loved the new staff outfit changes, they look alot similar to the uniforms that people who work at main street have to wear.
Old 09-24-2008, 09:44 PM
Too lazy to post
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Crossword Puzzle Participant's Award Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Your Favorite Attraction Award Happy Valentine's Day 
Total Awards: 24

My Mood: Busy
Pisces has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Pisces has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Yeah the new outfits were great it's so weird... it seems like so recent everything in VMK happened...
Old 09-25-2008, 12:44 AM
misses VMK
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Mod Match Winners Happy St. Patrick's Day Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 7

ACECpt.RICH is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I was never really a fan of the tron items. I unfortunately didn't have the opportunity to get the room (which I wanted). I did like the pin set though!

VMK Central at DLR:

Quote:
Does this mean VMK is going to end?
No. The game continues going strong – and we've got some exciting additions coming in the next few months – so stay tuned! Plus, you can still go Questing in-Park at Walt Disney World.
That's something depressing to read...

-Rich
Old 09-22-2009, 07:39 AM
Let's Motor
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award 
Total Awards: 20

Born In Park VIP
UpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their head
Old 09-22-2009, 09:05 PM
VMK_Lion's #1 Fan!
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Halloween'11 Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 50

My Mood: Happy
MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLKnCookies View Post
2005- Didn't join yet
2006- I Quit
2007- Totally Remember
To add on:
2008-
2009-