Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Magic Kingdoms > Magic Kingdoms Archive

Magic Kingdoms Archive Archive forum for Magic Kingdoms

Old Which Hotel?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 03-16-2008, 01:03 PM
Why So Serious?

Born In Park Here Since Day 1 VIP
thundurga is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Which Hotel?

My sister and I have lately been discussing that we want to take our parents to one of the upscale hotels on property in WDW. We have already ruled out Disney's Swan and Dolphin. I would though on the other hand like some opinions of the following hotels to help up us hit number one.

The Contemporary
The Grand Floridian
The Polynesian
The Boardwalk
The Yacht Club
The Beach club

If you have any information about these hotels, or you want to post stuff about the atmosphere, please post here.

NOTE: I have already used WDW.com
Old 03-16-2008, 01:10 PM
Where Dreams Come True :)
Awards Showcase
Guess the Picture Winner's Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Happy Valentine's Smile For Entering Award 
Total Awards: 4

My Mood: RockOn
Gorams is as Frosty as a Snowman
If you are big Magic Kingdom fans, you might want ot choose the contemporary. It has a great food selection, and you can just walk to the Magic Kingdom. I had a birthday breakfast party there once, and all the characters served me and danced. I even got a cupcake! (yes...). There is also monorails going right into it, heading to the Magic Kingdom. It's an amazing sight when you actually get there. If I had the choice, I would choose this one

~gorams~
Old 03-16-2008, 01:26 PM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by thundurga View Post
My sister and I have lately been discussing that we want to take our parents to one of the upscale hotels on property in WDW. We have already ruled out Disney's Swan and Dolphin. I would though on the other hand like some opinions of the following hotels to help up us hit number one.

The Contemporary
The Grand Floridian
The Polynesian
The Boardwalk
The Yacht Club
The Beach club

If you have any information about these hotels, or you want to post stuff about the atmosphere, please post here.

The one problem with contemporary you are not guarenteed to stay in the main building, many people do not know this when they go their.

The grand floridian is nice but I don't know, it has too many rich snooty people their..

The boardwalk is nice and you aren't too far from the bakery and espn club, not to mention you also get the boat.

Dont really know to much about the yacht club..

The beach club has the best pool at disney(you even need your key to get in).

The one not on this list that is the next coolest next to beach club is animal kingdom lodge. You have animals outside you window, I love it.
Old 03-16-2008, 01:42 PM
Banned
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 3

Lostmind has disabled reputation
Our favorite is the Yacht Club. The atmosphere is very subdued compared to other deluxe hotels, meaning not a lot of little kids running around. The staff there has always been wonderful to us. I would recommend the concierge floor, if you can afford it.

You have the best hotel pool in all of WDW. You can take a boat shuttle to EPCOT and to Hollywood Studios. A short walk around the lake takes you to the Boardwalk, which is really fun at night.

Which ever one you choose, I hope you have a wonderful time with your family.
Old 03-16-2008, 01:53 PM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner Caption Contest Participant Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: Annoyed
Stemaboat_Tyler is as Frosty as a Snowman
I don't know much about these hotels, but Polynesian had a character breakfast called Ohana. It is really good and fun. And at the Comtemperary, there is a character breakfast, lunch and dinner at a place called Chef Mickeys.
Old 03-16-2008, 01:55 PM
~ AngelElizabeth in VMK ~

My Mood: SaveVMK
KAITYkaityKAITY is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I have only stayed at a few differnt hotels.

Contemporary- The style was a little interesting I'd say. More for kids than aduts ( I went when I was four and liked it alot )

Polynesian- I have also stayed here and the pool was great. Again, more kid styled I went when I was like 10. I love the whole theme of the hotel! So tropical!

Grand Floridian- Awesome! My favorite place to stay so far. It has alot of recreational activites, a beach right next to the pool, etc. A little more expensive. Excellent dining. I have stayed here four times. The spa is TO DIE FOR. If your parents are looking to relax a little, go here!

These hotels all have monorail acess (sp) to the Magic Kingdom and Epcot (although the Epcot ride is longer)

I have heard the Beach Club is awesome too (aka the pool)! I am staying there this summer ( my sister is having a Disney Wedding and we need to plan )

So definatly (sp) consider these!! Again I am still a teen, what do I know???

Happy to help!
- KAITYkaityKAITY
Old 03-16-2008, 02:19 PM
Pirate in Training @ POTC
Awards Showcase
Happy Holidays'09 Award Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 2

Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
Chele has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Chele has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thundurga View Post

The Contemporary
The Grand Floridian
The Polynesian
The Boardwalk
The Yacht Club
The Beach club

They're all great hotels but it really depends on what you're looking for. They all have great pools, food and themeing.

The Contemporary, The Grand and The Poly are all on the monorail which is really cool in itself. But also has a huge downfall after you're spoiled by the monorail (or walk!!) to the Magic Kingdom and then have to catch a bus (or water taxi) to another location. In all of them, you can find spots to watch the nightime fireworks at the Magic Kingdom without actually being in the park (without the effects of the music). On the other hand, they're also the oldest of the hotels on the list and sometimes show their age. I have a friend that will only stay at the Grand for his 14 day trip every year. Another friend swears by the Poly and I personally love the Contemporary.

I can't answer for the other hotels since I've not been to them.

Somebody also mentioned the Animal Kingdom Lodge. To me, that would be a dream hotel. To sit on your balcony, overlook the savannas and watch the wondering animals. How calming and relaxing that would be. However, our family is "on the go" most of the day, and the animals are rounded up in the evening. So, at the times we'd be in our room, the animals would not be out.

Again, it really is your personal preference. Disney is known for it's surpreme theming and no matter where you choose to stay, I'm sure it will be a wonderful and memoriable experience for you and your family.
Old 03-16-2008, 02:33 PM
Retired
Awards Showcase
VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 5

My Mood: Disney
StitchRokcs is as Frosty as a Snowman
omg yes the animal kingdon lodge is wonderful :P if u get a savannah room the animals are literally right there next to your window u can even see the staff feeding them and caring for them p.s. watch out for giraffes

on your list i would go for the polynisian or the yacht club the pool is amazing best one in WDW
Old 03-16-2008, 03:21 PM
VMK_Lion's #1 Fan!
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Halloween'11 Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 50

My Mood: Happy
MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
The boardwalk hotel has lots of entertainment.
The contemporary is more for younger children.
Old 03-16-2008, 05:04 PM
Why So Serious?

Born In Park Here Since Day 1 VIP
thundurga is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Well my family and I are absolutely HUGE disney fans. (been 13 times in fact along with HKDL and TDL.) I know some things about these because we sometime hotel hop. And dont worry about prices. We want to spare no expense.
Old 03-18-2008, 11:16 PM
Um, Hi!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: Waffle
BurntTomatoFace is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Well, I haven`t been to stay at any of these resorts, but my dad used to work for reservations, and I`ve been in the Contemporary, Polynesian, and the Boardwalk.So I know just a little bit about these.

Polynesian- When I was in kindergarden we took a trip to Disney world and had breakfast at Ohana in the Polynesian.I have to say its a beautiful resort.My most favorite part is the lobby :-) The great part is you can see Magic Kingdom from the resort, and its a great place to watch the fireworks if you dont like the Magic Kingdom crowds.You can also get a boat ride or monorail.

Boardwalk- One word its beautiful.Although I haven`t been in the rooms or at the pool, everytime I go there I have a smile (And well who couldn`t have a smile at Disney??)The lobby is cool, and the boardwalk outside is full of entertainment from street preformers to those family bike things (Ah memories ) the best thing is that you are just a walk away from EPCOT and a boat ride away from Disneys Hollywood Studies (no longer MGM )

Contemporary- Last year for my birthday we ate at Chef Mickeys and I loved it.It is really a nice resort, but I dont have to much to say about it except that your really close to Magic Kingdom.

hope I helped
Old 03-18-2008, 11:41 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

luckyone is spinning in a Cursed Storm
hey glad u are going to WDW w00t i have gone 8 times to wdw and stayed at dolphin hotel almsot all the times BUT 2 years ago we stayed at the wilderness lodge is also an hotel of the level of all of those the lobby is awesome and the rooms are great looks very cool i love it! and u can take a boat to the magic kingdom also any of those hotels are awesome well its my dream to stay at the grand floridian so i would choose there but if u can go to the wilderness lodge it is awesome in a few words ALL HOTELS AT DISNEY I LOVE THEM
Old 03-27-2008, 12:34 AM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
Personally I would pick one of the lodges because they have the most charm, and I bit more homey. Then again thats me, they have a really exclusive magical presence that the others don't seem to have. Now don't get me wrong the others do have a magical prescence, they just don't have that charm. Oh and remember have a philarmagical day.
Old 01-05-2009, 01:29 AM
The Disney Otaku
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 2010 Your Favorite Attraction Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Spooky Scribe Award Design a Pin Winner's Award Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 13

My Mood: Asleep
SoraStarChan is spinning in a Cursed Storm
The lodges you had (Contemporary, The Grand Floridian, The Polynesian, The Boardwalk, The Yacht Club, and The Beach club) are all kinda expensive hotels.
The main hotel my family and I go to is All Star Resort and Pop Century. It is usually cheap and a lot of fun. Pop Century has heated pools, so we perfer there during winter.

Signature by Skrik
Old 01-05-2009, 01:38 AM
WDW lover :)
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

My Mood: Disney
GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Quote:
Originally Posted by EtnaGreen View Post
The grand floridian is nice but I don't know, it has too many rich snooty people their..
Tell me about it! Me and my mom went in there to look at the Gingerbread house, and we felt like outsiders. We saw all of these rich people in fancy clothing striding up the stairs, while us poor people were looking up at them in tank tops and shorts. They look at you like you're an alien.