Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Other Games > Other G Rated Games > Other Games Archive

Other Games Archive Other Games Archive

Old Fantage - A Fantastic Age!

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 01-02-2009, 10:56 AM
Gone - Where I Am.
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Smilie Story: The Beach Participant Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's 
Total Awards: 10

My Mood: Adventurous
ElephantEthan is spinning in a Cursed Storm
The OFFICIAL Animal Crossing: City Folk (Wii) Game Guide

* Credit toward Nintendo and Prima Games *

Hello fellow members of VMKF, I know most of you have a Wii and many of you have Animal Crossing. Some of you might have questions, so I'm going to take all my time helping you all by writing up the official guide on this thread. Please do not copy. However, I can only do sections at a time, so please be patient and wait. But if you're very anxious towards that part, please ask in this thread, better is to PM me or query me with GS/mIRC. Again, I give credit to this company who wrote it. And thank you for checking out the official guide for Animal Crossing: City Folk!

NOTE: Pictures will be added time to time until further notice. (Thanks Fairy for helping me with pictures.)

Introduction

What is Animal Crossing anyway?

Imagine yourself in a world filled with quirky friends and laid-back adventure. That's Animal Crossing: a fun-filled game that asks you to stop and smell the roses. You create your own special life: dress yourself up, decorate your home, and interact with neighbors and nature in a bunch of cool ways. There's more to see and do that you could ever imagine. You should never, ever, miss a thing. Things you shouldn't miss is you're first time playing, some help with chores, easy Bells, the city, your neighbors, special events, your home, furniture, clothing, collectibles, and items.

Starting Out

A world of adventure and friendship awaits you in Animal Crossing: City Folk, but there are a few important things you must do before the game really opens up, like moving to town, buying a home, and introducing yourself to your new neighbors-including one smooth raccoon by the name of Tom Nook. You've a big day ahead of you, but don't worry: I'm here to guide you step by step along the way!

The first thing you must do is chat with Rover, a super cool cat who's eager to help you begin your new life. Rover begins by asking you a simple question: Do you want to import your existing Animal Crossing: Wild World data from your Nintendo DS, or start a fresh life? (For me: I started a new life, yes I do have AC:WW, but I felt like starting a new life to start a whole new progression.)
<-- Rover, the super, cool cat who's always around to help you. Within the guide, you'll find out more about him.

NOTE: Rover will greet you each time you begin playing. He first confirms the time of day and the date; then he asks you which character you'd like to play as. Pick your character's name from the list and you'll soon be whisked away, continuing right where you left off last time. or choose to start another new life, you can store up to four characters.

Importing a Wild World Life

Have you been playing Animal Crossing: Wild World on your Nintendo DS? If so, you can move your Wild World character over to City Folk, picking up right where you left off. Simply tell Rover that you'd like to move from the DS, and he'll help you set everything up. What a pal!

NOTE: Rover can also let you explore your DS Suitcase, helping you bring items over from your DS.

Starting Fresh:

The Bus Ride

Tell over you'd like to start fresh and he'll get really excited. He quickly takes you to the bus, driven by Kapp'n. Your new life is about to begin!

Setting the Time - Rover asks you some very important questions while you ride the bus, the first of which confirming the time of day and the date. make sure Rover's got it all right; if he doesn't, correct him.

NOTE: The time of day changes as you play, just like in real life. This is based on the time and date you set at this point. it'll be dark at night for example, and most stores will be closed. Snow blankets the ground in winter, and the leaves will turn pretty colors in the fall. Even special seasonal events are tied to the time and date you set. Enter them correctly and your life will closely mirror your own.

Picking Your Name - Rover asks for your name next. A special keyboard then appears; point at the letters with your Wii Remote and press (A) to type each one, spelling out your name. Use the upper-right backspace arrow if you make a mistake. When you're happy, click the big green "Confirm" button to tell your name to Rover. After telling Rover your name, tell him that your name is either cool or cute. This question seems random but it actually determines if your character's a boy or girl. (Boy = Cool, Girl = Cute) The choice is up to you.

Naming Your Town - Rover asks you where you're going. (A funny question, since you're already headed there.) The keyboard pops up once more, but this time, spell out the name of your town. Go ahead and type in whatever you like-it's your town, after all.

NOTE: You can't change your character's or town's name after the bus ride's over, and all your friends who come to visit will see them, so make sure to pick names that you like!

The ride's almost over, but Rover has a few more questions to help pass the time. He asks if you're excited about moving and if you know where your house is. Rover also wonders what you're planning to do about money. Each answer you give helps decide the finer points of what your character will look like when the bus comes to a stop. The top answers are a bit more upbeat, so you'll likely end up with a more positive outlook(big, dreamy eyes, rosy cheeks, a grin on your face, etc.). Pick the bottom answers and your moody glower may begin to upset Rover.
No matter which answers you choose, Rover advises that you visit the town hall the moment you arrive. He then hands you a map of your town, showing you exactly where the town hall is located. You get to keep the map and check it again whenever you like. (This map will be explained mor einto detail later throughout the guide.)

Last edited by ElephantEthan; 01-02-2009 at 07:59 PM..
Old 01-02-2009, 10:58 AM
Gone
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Halloween '09 Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Mod Match Winners Happy St. Patrick's Day 
Total Awards: 12

Fairy has disabled reputation
Intresting- Very intresting lol
I like it! xD
Old 01-02-2009, 11:01 AM
Gone - Where I Am.
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Smilie Story: The Beach Participant Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's 
Total Awards: 10

My Mood: Adventurous
ElephantEthan is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairy View Post
Intresting- Very intresting lol
I like it! xD
No duh, you're helping me. XD
Old 01-02-2009, 11:21 AM
Too lazy to post
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Crossword Puzzle Participant's Award Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Your Favorite Attraction Award Happy Valentine's Day 
Total Awards: 24

My Mood: Busy
Pisces has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Pisces has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
:o I'll have to remember to come back and look at this sometime when I... am playing Animal Crossing
Old 01-03-2009, 05:39 PM
Ranter
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Your Favorite Attraction Award Guess the Picture Participation Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Golden Years Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day 
Total Awards: 14

My Mood: Excited
jedry is spinning in a Cursed Storm
EDIT:
By the way, Animal Crossing: City Folk is the same game as Animal Crossing: Lets Go To The City except they are named different.

----

I got a Wii for Christmas and Animal Crossing: Lets Go To The City is my favourite game for the Wii! Its so fun and just so you guys know, the more you pay off your mortgage, the more your house expands in size.

Ciao!
Old 01-05-2009, 04:47 PM
A Key... blade?
Awards Showcase
Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Guess the Picture Participation Award Happy Holidays'09 Award Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Participant Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day 
Total Awards: 13

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Awkward
Sly cooper is as Frosty as a Snowman
I got it for Christmas too! I love it! Although I don't like Crazy Redd's counterfeit paintings.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:53 PM
.:Remember:.
Awards Showcase
Caption Contest Participant Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 3

Here Since Day 1
My Mood: VMK
cookiefairy is as Frosty as a Snowman
♥ Very nice! ♥
Old 01-09-2009, 12:18 AM
Uh..I forgot..
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2010 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

Chululli is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sly cooper View Post
I got it for Christmas too! I love it! Although I don't like Crazy Redd's counterfeit paintings.
Same here, i think its in every game.