Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Disney Fan Club > Disney TV > High School Musical Forum

High School Musical Forum School is over, but the movies never end! Go Wildcats!

Old Haunted High School Musical 2008

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 02-08-2007, 05:29 PM
Just accept it!

Prince_Sabastian is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Cool Haunted High School Musical 2008

"Haunted High School Musical to the Big Screen
Source: The Walt Disney Company
February 8, 2007

Disney's phenomenally successful "High School Musical" franchise will graduate to the big screen in 2008 with Haunted High School Musical, an all-new musical adventure, it was announced today by Oren Aviv, president of production for the Walt Disney Motion Pictures Group.

The original High School Musical, an Emmy Award-winning Disney Channel Original Movie that premiered in 2006, went on to reach over 100 million unique viewers worldwide. In the U.S., the movie's soundtrack was the #1 album of the year in 2006 (certified quadruple platinum by the RIAA) and is a top-seller in international territories. Additionally, 6.5 million DVD units have been sold to date around the world. The success of the movie led to a sold-out 42-date arena concert tour featuring cast members Ashley Tisdale, Vanessa Hudgens, Lucas Grabeel, Corbin Bleu, Monique Coleman, and special guest star Drew Seeley (Zac Efron was unavailable due to his movie production schedule). Additionally, Disney Theatrical has licensed the script for local school productions, and it is anticipated that 2000 schools will produce stage versions in the first year alone. ,b>High School Musical 2, reuniting the film's original cast with director Kenny Ortega, will premiere on Disney Channel this summer.

Commenting on the announcement, Aviv said, "Given the enormous universal appeal and phenomenal popularity of the 'High School Musical' franchise, we wanted to bring that same energy, excitement and entertainment to the big screen with a unique and original idea. We're now ready to transform 'High School Musical' into a memorable theatrical musical experience with 'Haunted High School Musical."

Rich Ross, president, Disney Channel Worldwide, added, "When people think 'big screen' for a TV movie, they generally don't think this big - but no plasma TV could contain our plans for 'High School Musical 3,' thanks to the Walt Disney Studios."

Gary Marsh, president, entertainment, Disney Channel Worldwide, commented, "'High School Musical' exploded off the TV screen and into the lives of kids and families everywhere. It skyrocketed to heights never before achieved by a TV movie, so it's only fitting that its next incarnation should be as a major motion picture. Now, millions of kids and families can 'get their heads in the game' one more time -- and continue to experience this cultural phenomenon."

High School Musical premiered on Disney Channel on January 20th, 2006, and went on to become the highest rated original movie up until that time. It won the Television Critics Association Award for Outstanding Children's Programming, and received two Emmy Awards (of its total 6 nominations), a DGA Award, and an Imagen Award for Best Children's Program, and a Humanitas Prize nomination. The soundtrack received a Billboard Music Award for Soundtrack of the Year, and was nominated for an American Music Award in the Favorite Album (Pop/Rock) category. The film even earned an entry in the Guinness World Record Book as the first TV movie to deliver nine concurrent singles on the Billboard Hot 100 chart.

Internationally, High School Musical has aired on Disney Channels (26 worldwide) and free-to-air broadcasters, reaching over 100 countries. For the September 2006 premiere in India, the music was re-recorded in Hindi with Indian instrumentation and more rhythmic beats to achieve a "Bollywood" sound.

Adding to its success, High School Musical has spawned a #1 New York Times bestseller - "High School Musical - The Novel," which has sold over 1.2 million copies. High School Musical was also the first TV movie to be offered on the iTunes Music Store. High School Musical themed shows have also proven to be popular at the Disney Theme Parks and Resorts, including Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, Walt Disney World Resort in Florida, and an upcoming production at Disneyland Paris."
Old 02-13-2007, 01:12 AM
<--Now Open

futuremartymcfly is covered with Confettifuturemartymcfly is covered with Confettifuturemartymcfly is covered with Confetti
Glad I used the search button. So a big screen adaptation called Haunted High School Musical...

Before all you HSM haters (myself included) get ready to ridicule this, remember this could easily be just a working title, and will likely be completely different and not "haunted". However, what I find amazing is that the THIRD installment in a TV series is being prepared for a big screen release.
Old 02-13-2007, 01:55 AM
Zero

PirateMario is as Frosty as a Snowman
Keheheh!! Finally, something good came out of High School Musical! Haha! I bet they might do some Thriller ( a song by Micheal Jackson) Type thing! LOL That'd be Hilarious!
Old 02-13-2007, 04:16 PM
Still looking for Nemo

My Mood: Adventurous
Nemofinder is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateMario View Post
Keheheh!! Finally, something good came out of High School Musical! Haha! I bet they might do some Thriller ( a song by Micheal Jackson) Type thing! LOL That'd be Hilarious!
ROFL! thats a picture I didnt need the whole cas dancing to thriller
Old 02-13-2007, 04:23 PM
A-wocka-wocka!
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: Hopeful
Neoteny is covered with ConfettiNeoteny is covered with ConfettiNeoteny is covered with Confetti
It's just amazing that a TV-movie could get that huge.
Old 02-13-2007, 04:40 PM
Tim Burton Fan for Life

PinkTinkPixie is covered with ConfettiPinkTinkPixie is covered with ConfettiPinkTinkPixie is covered with Confetti
Yeah, it is. Haha, I *really* didn't like HSM, though. To me, it was just another Disney Channel movie. I don't see what makes it more special or popular than all the others.

Quote:
LOL! That would be awesome! I'd totally pay to see that

~Pink

-The Little Prince
By Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Old 02-16-2007, 04:30 AM
<--minnie's fridge!!! :)

disnyfreek is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neoteny View Post
It's just amazing that a TV-movie could get that huge.
If HSM weren't Disney, it wouldn't happen. lol i love disney, but they're money grubbing facists when there's a hit with the public.
Old 02-17-2007, 02:16 PM
Registered+

DerekJ is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by futuremartymcfly View Post
Glad I used the search button. So a big screen adaptation called Haunted High School Musical...

Before all you HSM haters (myself included) get ready to ridicule this, remember this could easily be just a working title, and will likely be completely different and not "haunted". However, what I find amazing is that the THIRD installment in a TV series is being prepared for a big screen release.
Also, thought they ALREADY announced that the storyline for 2 would be "What we did on Summer Vacation" and 3, following Grease's lead, would be "The big Senior Prom".

Where "Haunted" came in, haven't a clue, but throws the distinct whiff of Fakey into the mix.
Old 02-17-2007, 03:23 PM
A-wocka-wocka!
Awards Showcase

Neoteny is covered with ConfettiNeoteny is covered with ConfettiNeoteny is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekJ View Post
Also, thought they ALREADY announced that the storyline for 2 would be "What we did on Summer Vacation" and 3, following Grease's lead, would be "The big Senior Prom".

Where "Haunted" came in, haven't a clue, but throws the distinct whiff of Fakey into the mix.
What's next?

High School Musical Down Under?

I Still Know You Were in a High School Musical?

High School Musical and Musicaller?

High School Musical: The Wrath of Khan?

Something with the word "Boogaloo" in the title?
Old 02-17-2007, 04:26 PM
hd

PrincessWall is covered with ConfettiPrincessWall is covered with ConfettiPrincessWall is covered with Confetti
So excited for the new movie. I usually don't post in any of the HSM haters cause it's kinda annoying. But you know, there's more lovers than haters. But, you guys love being different.
♥Wall
Old 02-18-2007, 03:53 PM
Just accept it!

Prince_Sabastian is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neoteny View Post
What's next?

High School Musical Down Under?

I Still Know You Were in a High School Musical?

High School Musical and Musicaller?

High School Musical: The Wrath of Khan?

Something with the word "Boogaloo" in the title?
Or worse . . . High School Musical vs. Saved By the Bell
Old 03-05-2007, 02:13 AM
Disney Rocks!!

My Mood: Angelic
Lil.Sweet.Heart is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Well i think high school musical was a great movie and whatever evere they do with the second one should be interesting to see and i can't wait
Old 03-05-2007, 02:43 AM
Feeling Pressure

My Mood: Adventurous
Dudejoejoe is floating through Inner Space
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Sabastian View Post
Or worse . . . High School Musical vs. Saved By the Bell
Or worser...

Grease Peeps Crash High School Musical-The Sing Off From The 70's And The Year 07!
Old 03-07-2007, 11:02 PM
Smile, your on camara
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

camara is spinning in a Cursed Storm
haha, I Still Know You Were In A High School Musical.
Somebody has been watching that Jennifer Love Hewitt movie on t.v. lately.

Anyway, are they saying High school musical 2 is going to be in theaters? there's going to be a high school musical 3? High school musical 3 is going to be in theaters? Explain please.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:06 PM
A-wocka-wocka!
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by camara View Post
Anyway, are they saying High school musical 2 is going to be in theaters? there's going to be a high school musical 3? High school musical 3 is going to be in theaters? Explain please.
Explain? Ok, I'll give it a try:

1. Small TV-movie becomes unexpected worldwide phenomenon.
2. Disney cashes in as much as possible on merchandising, marketing, and brainwashing.
3. More Money, More Money, More Money!