Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Site Content > Polls & Surveys > Norwegian Blue

Norwegian Blue POLLY WANT A CRACKER?!!! IT'S A DEAD POLLY!

Old The "CL" System

Login or Register now to see less ads.

View Poll Results: What should happen to the "CL" system?
It should be removed completely! 89 22.31%
It should be restarted! 149 37.34%
It should stay the way it is now! 48 12.03%
It should be replaced by something else! 67 16.79%
No comment 46 11.53%
Voters: 399. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-12-2007, 01:09 AM
Pete<3

Goofyono is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iroc View Post
I feel that the CL_ system works well, sometimes. I personally try to help out whenever I can. I teach new players games when I play and I always answer questions.

There are some CL_s who think of the title as a prize. I feel that VMK needs to monitor the CL_s more. Perhaps something like a monthly CL_ only quest (no prize) that checks for skills in answering questions. This would hold the CL_s to some level of accountability.
I really like that idea and if they don't pass.. they get fired! no jk but if they get less than a 6/10 their job gets handed down to some lucky person who's been applying forever with a 10 paragraph persuassive essay lol
Old 03-12-2007, 02:53 PM
Banned

avastkeith is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iroc View Post
I feel that the CL_ system works well, sometimes. I personally try to help out whenever I can. I teach new players games when I play and I always answer questions.

There are some CL_s who think of the title as a prize. I feel that VMK needs to monitor the CL_s more. Perhaps something like a monthly CL_ only quest (no prize) that checks for skills in answering questions. This would hold the CL_s to some level of accountability.
yes i feel like a lot of community leaders are taking the CL_ and badge as a prize and it's like Oh Yay I Win, now time to show off a nd play mini games.

I've tried asking some community leaders some questions, they just ignore me and join a game of pirates 0_0 then do inferno.....

I'm Not Afraid To Speek My Mind Muahahaha!!...lol
Old 03-12-2007, 03:04 PM
I Am Jaekizzle In VMK

SuperJaekizzle is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I think that community leaders should be replaced by MORE STAFF. We need more Hosts for game rooms because i can hardly ever get in or i can't. If we had some hosts that would go out into rooms just to say hi so it won't be a big deal seeing hosts. Then we can all be treated equally, the end.
Old 03-12-2007, 03:16 PM
Do not get on regularly.

Qui-gon is as Frosty as a Snowman
1. Shut down!
You could always just shut it down for good so there are only Staff. That would seem good in a way but I don't know if you can replace CL_s with Staff, it might be hard to find people who will staff the game. Or...

2. Restart.
They could restart the whole system and take, say, 20 people and take a closer look at the people before letting them be a CL_.

3. Leave it the way it is
That's the third at probably what VMK will do. Just leave it. I don't think there are many bad CL_s, most are happy to help you. And there are a good number of them in the game, we don't need any more. If you see a CL_ using inappropriate behavior, just report using Contact Us. Eventually, they will all get filtered out.

~Q/S
Old 03-12-2007, 03:35 PM
Banned

GBShorts ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoGBShorts ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoGBShorts ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoGBShorts ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoGBShorts ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Inferno
What I find most interesting is that this thread has had only one community leader respond to it(as far as I know)...until now.

I personally think the program should be slightly changed.

CL's were originally intended to be the "Know it all's" of VMK. People who could tell you where things were and how to do stuff, to free up the VMK_ and HOST_ staffers to do their jobs (moderate the game, not tell you when inferno was going to be re-released).

Speaking to the comment about helping a HOST_ in a teleporter game, there are several instances where it is useful. I have helped from time to time in teleporter games and the following has come up where I was needed:
1-the HOST_ disconnected, had to leave to get rid of lag, needed to be afk for watever reason, and guests came in not knowing what to do (yes, that still happens)
2-the HOST_ was being bombarded with questions about whatever else and needed help fielding them
3-the teleporters had an issue in which users were not winning their prizes or were being taken to the wrong room and such, I informed users of the situation so they knew what to expect.

Yes, in all these situations, a normal adult could have figured those things out. Some of you are forgetting there are NEW players and younger children who play who may not understand or know how things work or what is going on.

On to my mention that it should be changed...I think CL's should have more than a simple 5 question "quiz" that you must answer in which to get into the program. a CL Should be monitored during the application process (without warning) to see that they are, in fact, capable of doing the job. Once a CL gets "hired", they should continue to be monitored to see if they help out. NO, I'm not saying CL's must be perfect. If they do something bannable, fine, but a bit of dictionary dancing (heck, the staffers do it more than anybody, and as I understand it, it's fine as long as you're not trying to say something that breaks the rules) isn't worth saying OMG YOU SHOULDN'T BE A CL.

I really don't think this program should be taken away, and it's not just because I am one. I have seen many instances where a new player didn't know how to get to their own guest room, how to buy furniture, where hats came from, etc... and a CL was to their rescue to help out.

Don't throw the "bay be" out with the bath water. Just because some CL's need a proverbial boot to the head doesn't mean the rest of us are bad, too.
Old 03-12-2007, 03:44 PM
Skinny Jeans!!!!

Cheery_Gurlie is spinning in a Cursed Storm
What I have to say

I find that the CL program is nothing special. They really don't have any special privilidges. i mean, yea, I think it would be cool to have that as my title, but it's not so important.. That is my thoughts..
Old 03-12-2007, 03:51 PM
Hall of Fame

JeannieV has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJeannieV has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJeannieV has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Quote:
I think that the CL system should be removed completely! All i see community leaders do on vmk is...

1. show off
2. play mini games (pirates especially) all day
3. talk in host rooms trying to gain popularity
I do neither. Can't play mini games and do not do host games since I do not collect pins.

My favotite thing to do as a CL is to sit in a room and be sure to have my name in the title. This way if people need help they can easily find me. Or I stay in a public room, but then I only help a small amount.

I AGREE with a lot of what GB posted before me and also like her noticed most people who posted were NOT cl's BUT rather people who have posted in other threads how they WISH they were.

I agree some need good kicks, but when I was a guest I liked being able to find a CL to help me before I had friends. It was not easy to find normal players who were not in games or asking for their mummy.

One problem with Cl's is you do not know you are with one unless they speak or you click on them. Yet, people do not want cl's to have anything extra.

I actually also like someones idea of meeting Cl's. To really use the program better, Staff should meet with us and we should ALL figure out times to be in open HELP rooms. We should have to give at least 1 hour every month whether it be 1 hour in one day or half an hour at a time.

There needs to be an actual system instead of just luck. And at least 2 Cl's in one room.
Old 03-12-2007, 05:19 PM
I don't know
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

jsmall is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I have no comment because it really makes no difference to me.
Old 03-12-2007, 06:16 PM
Environmentalist
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

Zebraa is floating through Inner Space
I think it should be restarted or replaced by something else.
Old 03-12-2007, 10:55 PM
Banned

avastkeith is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeannieV View Post
I do neither. Can't play mini games and do not do host games since I do not collect pins.

My favotite thing to do as a CL is to sit in a room and be sure to have my name in the title. This way if people need help they can easily find me. Or I stay in a public room, but then I only help a small amount.

I AGREE with a lot of what GB posted before me and also like her noticed most people who posted were NOT cl's BUT rather people who have posted in other threads how they WISH they were.

I agree some need good kicks, but when I was a guest I liked being able to find a CL to help me before I had friends. It was not easy to find normal players who were not in games or asking for their mummy.

One problem with Cl's is you do not know you are with one unless they speak or you click on them. Yet, people do not want cl's to have anything extra.

I actually also like someones idea of meeting Cl's. To really use the program better, Staff should meet with us and we should ALL figure out times to be in open HELP rooms. We should have to give at least 1 hour every month whether it be 1 hour in one day or half an hour at a time.

There needs to be an actual system instead of just luck. And at least 2 Cl's in one room.
I didn't mean every Community Leader so if what i listed doesn't apply to you i wasn't talking to you. From what you said i'm sure that you are a fantastic leader i'm just saying that not all of them are as fantastic..
Old 03-12-2007, 10:58 PM
Check out my User Page!!!
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

Irishchick is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I don't really think that CL's are really needed. I just don't understand the system.
Old 03-12-2007, 10:59 PM
Hi.
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

PaperClip is floating through Inner Space
I think that it should be replaced with something else. I, too, see it as know-it-alls. Which, most people don't like those type of people. Now am I saying that there are some CL's that do that? Yes. Am I saying that there are some that don't? Yes.
Old 03-12-2007, 11:00 PM
Bringing Her Home

Jdrizzle is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by avastkeith View Post
I didn't mean every Community Leader so if what i listed doesn't apply to you i wasn't talking to you. From what you said i'm sure that you are a fantastic leader i'm just saying that not all of them are as fantastic..
I think that is obvious. Like I said previously, we all agree there are numerous beneficial community leaders.
Old 03-12-2007, 11:00 PM
Check out my User Page!!!
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

Irishchick is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I agree with allowasas. I think most people do it because they just want the pin and say "omg look i'm a CL!"
Old 03-12-2007, 11:03 PM
A-wocka-wocka!
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: Hopeful
Neoteny is covered with ConfettiNeoteny is covered with ConfettiNeoteny is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishchick View Post
I agree with allowasas. I think most people do it because they just want the pin and say "omg look i'm a CL!"
Have you ever actually seen anybody say that?