Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Site Content > Site Feedback > Site Feedback Archive

Site Feedback Archive Site Feedback Archive

Old Why cant things be free

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 02-20-2006, 03:20 AM
I am staring at something

redskinslover is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Why cant things be free

Things should be free here. VMK is a free game and this should be free too. I really want a sig but even though the rates are cheap it will eventually pile up year after year and its going to become big. And if VMK is free why not have everything free here. And where does all that money go anyway? Why do u need money? Even though my opinion is that Disney is a somewhat greedy corporation like most they are not asking for money when u play VMK. Why should you guys?
Old 02-20-2006, 03:23 AM
Registered+

astroluigi is spinning in a Cursed Storm
well if evereything was free vmk would be boring.. i mean you would of set no goals no adventure it would be boring
Old 02-20-2006, 03:24 AM
R.I.P VMK.

My Mood: Excited
InfernoWanter has disabled reputation
u dont need a sig- and just bc vmk is free doesnt mean this has to be free. they are to different sites- and this site is free. if u make an accout and u have to pay thats whne its not ight. just be thankful that u dont have to pay for posting or pming
Old 02-20-2006, 03:30 AM
Cant wait for POTC Online

Chip has disabled reputation
They use the money here to keep the server up and running so if we didn't pay then there would be no such thing as Vmkforums or ToonTowncentral. But if you were lucky like me and were in the first thousand to join you got a free signature.
Old 02-20-2006, 03:33 AM
I am staring at something

redskinslover is spinning in a Cursed Storm
people have wants and they have needs. If I want a sig cant that be ok?
Old 02-20-2006, 03:40 AM
Cant wait for POTC Online

Chip has disabled reputation
you can want anything but that does not mean you are guaranteed to get it.
Old 02-20-2006, 03:47 AM
Registered+

aengus is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip
you can want anything but that does not mean you are guaranteed to get it.
yep its ok. just fork over the $$$
Old 02-20-2006, 03:48 AM
Banned

GBShorts ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoGBShorts ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoGBShorts ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoGBShorts ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoGBShorts ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Inferno
It's not free because we're not run by Disney. Our owner has to pay for a server. He has had to pay for the site name...he has to pay to constantly upgrade becase we get bigger and have more posts and members. He has to pay because the software this is run on costs money.

Where do you think that money comes from? This is not his only job-and he does NOT get paid to run this site. He only funds this site from fees collected for subscriptions. So, since he is not independently wealthy, it costs money to run this place-money that he doesn't have just lying around.

VMK is NOT free by the way. Yes, you may play it for free but since it is a gigantic advertisement for the parks, it ends up not being free. How many people have you heard of going to the parks just to get cards? I've seen countless stories of people who have gone just for cards-or heard of people going just for the tours or to create a Born in Park character. It's not free to hit the parks.

So, I hope that clears it up. It IS free to use this website-it's just not free to use the premium features. Same with VMK.

And by the way, our owner just got a new server so that the site would continue to run properly and in a timely manner. Without money from subscriptions, he would have had to pay for it out of his own pocket...and chances are he did have to pay for at least part of it on his own. You should be thankful he's willing to do that instead of shutting us down.
Old 02-20-2006, 04:21 AM
Administrator
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award 
Total Awards: 19

Nick ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoNick ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoNick ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoNick ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoNick ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Inferno
Couldn't have said it better myself.
Old 02-20-2006, 04:32 AM
Banned

Karate_Monkey is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Disney isn't just VMK you know.
It consists of 5 lands , I think and it consits of fun and to keep Disney up you need to pay to do that
Old 02-20-2006, 04:58 AM
Theres my peanut butter

Lemonzilla is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBShorts
It's not free because we're not run by Disney. Our owner has to pay for a server. He has had to pay for the site name...he has to pay to constantly upgrade becase we get bigger and have more posts and members. He has to pay because the software this is run on costs money.

Where do you think that money comes from? This is not his only job-and he does NOT get paid to run this site. He only funds this site from fees collected for subscriptions. So, since he is not independently wealthy, it costs money to run this place-money that he doesn't have just lying around.

VMK is NOT free by the way. Yes, you may play it for free but since it is a gigantic advertisement for the parks, it ends up not being free. How many people have you heard of going to the parks just to get cards? I've seen countless stories of people who have gone just for cards-or heard of people going just for the tours or to create a Born in Park character. It's not free to hit the parks.

So, I hope that clears it up. It IS free to use this website-it's just not free to use the premium features. Same with VMK.

And by the way, our owner just got a new server so that the site would continue to run properly and in a timely manner. Without money from subscriptions, he would have had to pay for it out of his own pocket...and chances are he did have to pay for at least part of it on his own. You should be thankful he's willing to do that instead of shutting us down.
And do not forget he is running more than one site so the owner (nick) kinda needs the money...
Old 02-20-2006, 06:51 AM
VMKAHOLIC

TommyCC is spinning in a Cursed Storm
As previously stated, It's very expensive to run a site like this. There are ads here representing other companies wares which help pay the bills, but some if not all, only pay if you click on the banners. So the owner may get a penny or a nickel each time a banner is clicked by a member of VMK forums. I would venture to say this site is in the black ( At least breaking even ) but not by much. Therefore, you see why you are charged for extra features. To survive, the site, as with most things, needs money! I would also like to have the extra features, but funds are limited at the moment. I am happy, and thankfull I can access this sites forums for free, you should be also! If you find this site usefull, would you not want to contribute with a monetary donation providing your finances permit? I would, and soon will when mine permit! Even if just a $10 donation, if more did this, the sites fees may come down, but alas, everyone wants something for nothing, and on this site, you are getting alot for free, and I for one appreciate it!

I do not work for this site, nor do I represent or have anything to do with the daily opperations. I am simply a member who realizes this site needs funds to survive. This is not Disney, This is not Starbucks, This is a small, independently owned company which more than likely opperates on a tight rope, and could fall of at any time without member support!
Old 02-20-2006, 07:33 AM
Friend of Daisy Buchanan

GreatGatsby has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundGreatGatsby has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundGreatGatsby has turned into a Bat and is flying around
One more thing.

VMK is not free.

It costs something like $59 a day or so, per person, entering each of the Disney parks.

That's because the game is considered advertising for those parks, and the money to run VMK comes out of the resort ad budget.

Nothing is free. Everything costs something to someone somewhere.
Old 02-20-2006, 08:37 AM
I would love to help you!

Napthali is as Frosty as a Snowman
Plus Disney makes billions if not trillions every year so they kind of have money to pay for the site. The people who started and run this site I highly doubt are lucky enough to accumilate that vast amount of wealth. They do need to pay for the site to keep it running. Since people want sigs/userpages/and other benefits then they have to pay. It makes complete sense.
Old 02-20-2006, 09:27 AM
the best guy on vmk

TowerFreak99 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
hey

i m glad this site is done. I know free cant always happen but hey be glad VMK is not charging us to play. Hey do i can get a free signature I was one of the first people to signature to onto this vmk fansite.