Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Magic Kingdoms > Walt Disney World

Walt Disney World I went to Florida and all I got was this stupid T-shirt with a mouse on it...

Old Calling all Sorcerers!

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 02-22-2012, 10:20 AM
VMKF's WDW Expert-Nerd
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Patriot 2010 Award 
Total Awards: 30

VIP
My Mood: Stitch-ish
Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Calling all Sorcerers!

With the debut of Kim Possible World Showcase Adventure, I was ecstatic that there would be an interactive game where I could roam the park with my friends while defeating those mean old villians from Kim Possible. But as the months went on that we played the game, we realized it never got different... We have always been hoping for some time now that an interactive game might come out into one of the parks that was similar, but none ever did....

Until now!

Debuting this morning at 9:00 A.M. EST park opening will be Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom!

This brand new game is quite fun and interactive, plus can many times be different as I'll go on to explain in future posts. Here's the deal: Hades (ruler of the dead) is after the crystal ball of the Magic Kingdom. He sends Pain and Panic to steal the crystal ball, only to have them end up messing up, breaking the crystal into many pieces, and alerting Merlin as to what is going on (he was sleeping). Hades is now reviving many of the Disney villians (Scar, Kronk and Yzma, Jafar, Dr. Facilier, Ratcliffe, Ursula, Maleficent, Cruella De Vil, and Chernabog), and sending them to places in Main Street USA, Adventureland, Frontierland/Liberty Square, and Fantasyland to fetch him the crystal pieces. Merlin knows he can't save the Magic Kingdom alone, so he enlists the guests' help in saving the kingdom! Granting you a Sorcerers map that will tell you were the portals are, a key that will unlock each portal, and 5 spell cards (you can get 5 free spell cards every 24 hours you play), he sends you off on your journey to defeat the villians.

Once you have beaten them all you obtain the rank of Master Sorcerer. Merlin then warns you that while the villians may be gone for now, they will eventually come back. And indeed they do! Through your first time defeating all the villians it may be quite easy for you to do. But after that, go back to one of the two Sorcerer Training areas, and tell them you are ready to help fight the villians again. You are off again, but this time it is much harder than before. The cards and stats matter now, and gameplay becomes trickier than many believed it would be.

I will post more about this game later on, and when/if the upload part of the gallery comes back up, I will post the many pictures I have of this brand new amazing game. As a head's up it also will eventually include Storybook Circus and Tomorrowland (though it is a true rumor, which means it is not official but they are working on it supposedly).

-Master Sorcerer Stitchco
to StitchMad and Neoteny; to Batleth and EtnaGreen.
-Stitchco
Old 02-22-2012, 08:51 PM
I <3 Disneyland
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 18

Born In Park Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: BDay
Broccolisprout is floating through Inner Space
Awesome! Now if only they would open one at Disneyland.... this sounds like fun.

Broccolisprout, 2005-2008
Old 02-23-2012, 03:25 AM
Aug 2005-May 21, 2008
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Halloween'11 Award EKB Day Award Make A Wish Award Happy Valentine's Day 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Patriot 2010 Award 
Total Awards: 13

My Mood: Fluffy
Miketic is floating through Inner Space

Sorcerers Needed! signage infront of the Fire House

Out in the park, these markers on the ground indicate where to stand

The training area in the back of the room, which gives guests a chance to try using the cards

Game window in Adventureland

Game cards

Key card which activates your game at each window

Last edited by Miketic; 02-24-2012 at 04:15 AM.. Reason: Pictures didn't appear, had to replace URL
Old 02-23-2012, 04:03 AM
VMKF's WDW Expert-Nerd
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Patriot 2010 Award 

VIP
Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
xD I was gonna post pictures of them when the upload button comes up again... How did you even do that Miketic?...

-Master Sorcerer Stitchco who is sad, now that his ka-chow with taken away
-Stitchco
Old 02-23-2012, 04:57 AM
WDW lover :)
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

My Mood: Disney
GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
That looks really cool!
Old 02-25-2012, 12:38 AM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
That sounds like a great deal of fun, but do you have to pay for the cards after the first five? And is it necessary to have more than five cards? If it is an additional cost not included in your park ticket, that definitely discourage me from doing this.
Old 02-25-2012, 02:29 AM
VMKF's WDW Expert-Nerd
Awards Showcase

VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by EtnaGreen View Post
That sounds like a great deal of fun, but do you have to pay for the cards after the first five? And is it necessary to have more than five cards? If it is an additional cost not included in your park ticket, that definitely discourage me from doing this.
1). You only get 5 cards per day for free. They are attempting to try and make it like Pokemon or Yu-Gi-Oh! or stuff where you can buy more cards as well.

2). When you get to medium level (aka defeat all the villians once): Yes. You'd better believe it.

As I said you just go to one of the Sorcerer Training areas (like the Fire Station) and each day you use your park ticket to gain 5 extra cards new or repeats. Not even the cast members know which cards they will be giving out. It is all random.

-Stitchco
Old 02-25-2012, 03:07 AM
Aug 2005-May 21, 2008
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Halloween'11 Award EKB Day Award Make A Wish Award Happy Valentine's Day 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Patriot 2010 Award 
Total Awards: 13

My Mood: Fluffy
Miketic is floating through Inner Space
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchco View Post
xD I was gonna post pictures of them when the upload button comes up again... How did you even do that Miketic?...

-Master Sorcerer Stitchco who is sad, now that his ka-chow with taken away
I inserted a picture with the URL.

Old 03-01-2012, 12:04 AM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Trivia Winner Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 16

VIP
My Mood: Creative
bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
I heard things about this awhile back, it didn't really interest me then...and I'm still not very interested in it =\
Old 09-20-2012, 03:17 PM
VMKF's WDW Expert-Nerd
Awards Showcase

VIP
Update

Ok so this an update to SOTMK for VMKF:
  1. Currently medium and hard modes are down still.
  2. You can get one of the rare lightning bolt cards by purchasing a game pack which includes 6 other cards and 1 of 4 game boards.
  3. There will seem to be specially designed cards made for different magic kingdom events such as Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party.
  4. Chernabog will now be fought in Frontierland.

-Stitchco
Old 09-20-2012, 03:33 PM
Red Flips Rule!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Epitaph Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 39

VIP
My Mood: RedFlips
StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!
We went into the Fire Station several times during our last trip just to collect the cards. We did one of the "quests" on Main Street and I do think it's a pretty good way for people to see more of the park. I'm quite interested in collecting the cards now though; I'd like to have the full set, although it seems that will be difficult if they're giving different ones out for special events?
Old 09-20-2012, 03:42 PM
VMKF's WDW Expert-Nerd
Awards Showcase

VIP
I'll hold a card for you should a fateful day come where somehow I meet you :P lol In any case it's chip and dale for the Halloween Party. They're also dressed for Halloween too . The weapon is candy corn. The booster pack is suppose to be sold online soon as a head's up.

-Stitchco

Last edited by Jezzi; 09-20-2012 at 07:16 PM.. Reason: unnecessary quote
Old 09-20-2012, 03:51 PM
Red Flips Rule!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Epitaph Winner's Award 

VIP
StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!
Haha, sounds like a good idea. Will guests just be able to walk into the Fire Station (on MNSSHP) and ask for it, or will it be buyable? Is it random in the packs? Is the Candy Corn weapon the only new one being released for MNSSHP? Is that one of the first of the "special" ones? What booster pack? Lots of questions, it would seem!

Old 09-20-2012, 03:56 PM
VMKF's WDW Expert-Nerd
Awards Showcase

VIP
1). It is free but only for guests attending MNSSHP this year, and you only get one trhough a whole night at the fire station.

2). It will not be in random packs.

3). For this year's MNSSHP: Yes it is the only special card at the moment.

4). Yes it is one of the first "special" ones. A rumor is that Christmas will have one as well. There are at the moment 12 in the special event card series at the moment it seems.

5). The booster pack contains a random lightning bolt card and 6 other Sorcerer cards plus a game board and instructions for an at home SOTMK game. It was sold twice in the park and sold out both times. it will be offered online soon as well for those not near WDW. And it has sold out quickly every time so far.

-Stitchco

Old 09-20-2012, 05:44 PM
Red Flips Rule!
Awards Showcase

VIP
Big thanks for all the information! My parents are heading out to WDW in the near future but they won't be attendng either of the special after-hours parties.

Last edited by Jezzi; 09-20-2012 at 07:17 PM.. Reason: unnecessary quote