Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Magic Kingdoms > Walt Disney World

Walt Disney World I went to Florida and all I got was this stupid T-shirt with a mouse on it...

Old 2010

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 01-15-2010, 10:44 PM
Yes, I am back.
Awards Showcase
Your Favorite Attraction Award 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: Errrrr
Cookie Duck is spinning in a Cursed Storm

It's been a while since I've been in the good old land, Walt disney world. This time i'm heading there with my school's marching band to march a parade. I was curious to what is new. I went last march. And if anyone could tell me the approximate length of the magic kingdom parade.
Old 01-16-2010, 01:17 AM
Not available
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Happy Holidays'09 Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: LiveChat
Jack I is as Frosty as a Snowman
It's been a while since I've been as well, but the Parade Route in Magic Kingdom is always Frontierland to Town Square (or vice versa), so I would imagine you'll have a good 15-20 minute parade route ahead of you, not to mention the behind the scenes time getting ready for the parade.

Oh, and from a band member to a fellow band member, good luck! We'll also be down that way later this year in some parades at the parks, too. Be quite a treat for me since I haven't been to WDW since I was real young.

"Everyone is entitled to an opinion, and no-one is wrong."
[Contact me across Nick's Fansites]
Old 01-16-2010, 01:23 AM
Masked Cowboy
Awards Showcase
St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Epitaph Winner's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 49

VIP
My Mood: Happy
SoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Inferno
The parade route from start to finish is about 18 minutes. Have a great time at WDW! Wish I could go too!

Play trivia at #vmktrivia to win a purple scrolly!
Old 01-16-2010, 04:41 PM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
It's wonderful that you are going to WDW with your school's marching band. I can't wait to hear about it. Typically the school marching bands march about 15-20 minutes before the parade starts. As for the parade length, I am not quite sure.
Some of the new attractions are:
1. Space Mountain was refurbished (although they just changed the ride line and made the ride darker)
2. The American Idol Experience (At Disney's Hollywood Studios)
3. Toy Story Mania (At Disney's Hollywood Studios)

I think that's it, they really haven't added much since you went last.
Old 01-16-2010, 05:57 PM
ʞɯʇɐɐɯɯǝ
Awards Showcase
Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Winner Award Golden Years Award Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 7

Born In Park
My Mood: Disney
EmmaatMk is spinning in a Cursed Storm
That's awesome! I wish my band would do that!
Anyways, I think EtnaGreen covered all the new stuff, not much has been added over the past year.
Old 01-17-2010, 12:00 AM
VMK_Lion's #1 Fan!
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Halloween'11 Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 50

My Mood: Happy
MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Ah, the parade is amazing. I did a parade with my marching band in 2008 and we went at night from Town Square to Frontierland. You'll have an amazing time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack I View Post
not to mention the behind the scenes time getting ready for the parade.
That was really cool as well.
Old 01-17-2010, 07:26 PM
Yes, I am back.
Awards Showcase
Your Favorite Attraction Award 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: Errrrr
Cookie Duck is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Thanks everyone for your replies. 2 years ago, i went for my sister's parade. but that night something bad happened, so it wasn't that great of a trip

Last edited by Jezzi; 01-25-2010 at 06:19 PM.. Reason: inappropriate
Old 01-25-2010, 02:56 AM
The Disney Otaku
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 2010 Your Favorite Attraction Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Spooky Scribe Award Design a Pin Winner's Award Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 13

My Mood: Asleep
SoraStarChan is spinning in a Cursed Storm
marching at Disney is so much fun! I do it every year. It's not that terrible marching in the day except maybe the heat and the tracts on the ground. always have to make sure your foot doesn't get stuck in that. Nothing majorly new has come to Disney, so it'll probably be similar to the last time you went. I hope you have fun!

Signature by Skrik