Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > VMK Remembered > VMK Remembered Archive

VMK Remembered Archive Archive for VMK Remembered forum.

Old Vmk closing in a few minutes!!!

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 01-03-2009, 09:39 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: Amuzed
spacerightsummer is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Arrow

Wow, I was a complete nut in VMK. I had so many personal issues in my life at the time it is only hitting me now that my issues are now at rest that I am mourning the loss of VMK. Call me crazy, but just realizing what it was to me. All the quest, getting my green car from Fireworks remixed after getting 7600 points on it. Building all the rooms I did over many hours of concentration. Meeting with my virtual friends of which I miss dearly now and may never meet again. It has been quite a year much less a weird 7 months without VMK. Do not ever forget the magic that VMK gave to so many. I am still hoping Disney will create another VMK when this economy gets better and hopefully we can get our community back as well as the magic.
Old 01-03-2009, 10:26 PM
Trader
Awards Showcase
Super Sleuth Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: SaveVMK
StarBP is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:
Originally Posted by EtnaGreen View Post
I played that quest StarBP, it was pretty cool. I was a huge quest junky towards the end of vmk.
Me too! That's what I did on my other accounts while my main account was sitting around watching the quest room. Sometimes I would let my other account, which happened to be the one that won my quest all the time, sit and watch the quest for me. I only told people he was my friend. I wish I had my full lanyard of 5* magic (only 3* inferno, though), full green explorer, 3-piece sparrow (no shirt), brown cowboy shirt no vest, two minnie hats, stitch hat, two mansion clocks, fire walls, and more that I had won in other people's quests during the last month back . Also, to LordIllidan: Can I have a napkin, please?
Old 01-05-2009, 04:36 AM
Noise amongst the static
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Signature Donation Award 
Total Awards: 3

LordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarBP View Post
I was your polar opposite on the last days of VMK. I was online every day from 1 to 11 PM EST the final 10 days or so. No, I wasn't actually ON all that time; I had the infamous Save VMK quest that was the major reason that [a site] had 20,000 signatures before VMK closed; I used the friend list glitch the first 6 hours or so, then got online from 7-11. I awarded fire walls, Minnie hats, and more every day for the last 10 days in the quest. The tasks were simply to go to the 10 most popular rooms in VMK and say "Go to [a site] and sign the put.i,sun!" I do admit one thing: I used another account to play the quest super-fast and win so I could keep giving such wonderful prizes. I only actually gave away the grand prize once, and that time was because of someone who used a type-fast program like VMK Pal (I never used such a program). The second prize was usually around 3,000 credits and a pirate couch, though, and I did award those prizes. The staff probably knew, but they didn't ban me. I reported the type-fast guy, and they said "Sorry your plan didn't work " as the reply. I reported again, and they said "We couldn't find any cheating devices". I reported again, and they said, "It is impossible to cheat on a quest." I asked "Then who were the ' cheaters ' on the Blackheart quest?" They replied with "If you need assistance, please use the Contact Us form." Hmm... That still leaves an unanswered question. If it is impossible to cheat on a quest, then who were those cheaters Yavn talked about that caused VMK to quit the first Blackheart quest early? I intended this to be a short reply, but writing it brought back many memories of my Save VMK Quest.
Hehheh. Thanks for sharing. I do remember hearing alot about that quest during the last few days (I was on the forums a LOT, just not the actual game. It's easier to sneak in a quick post now and than than it is a game of pirates, especially considering load times XD), and I've really gotta thank you for that. It helped a lot.

As for the cheating thing... It's my personal opinion that VMK staff, as lovable as they were as people, and as good at they were at their jobs as moderators as they were... Were pretty incompetent in terms of more technical issues. Not just the ones we saw in-game, but the entire staff. I may praise VMK for great gameplay and concept, but... That doesn't change the almost monthly blackouts where nobody could connect, the frequent disconnects, etc. etc.

Not to mention the whole thing ran on outdated software. SHOCKWAVE? Come on, seriously. Last time I saw Shockwave before VMK was in the 90s.

I will walk heavy, and I will walk strange.
Old 01-06-2009, 12:20 AM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordIllidan View Post
Hehheh. Thanks for sharing. I do remember hearing alot about that quest during the last few days (I was on the forums a LOT, just not the actual game. It's easier to sneak in a quick post now and than than it is a game of pirates, especially considering load times XD), and I've really gotta thank you for that. It helped a lot.

As for the cheating thing... It's my personal opinion that VMK staff, as lovable as they were as people, and as good at they were at their jobs as moderators as they were... Were pretty incompetent in terms of more technical issues. Not just the ones we saw in-game, but the entire staff. I may praise VMK for great gameplay and concept, but... That doesn't change the almost monthly blackouts where nobody could connect, the frequent disconnects, etc. etc.

Not to mention the whole thing ran on outdated software. SHOCKWAVE? Come on, seriously. Last time I saw Shockwave before VMK was in the 90s.
That makes sense considering they bought the domain in the 90s.
Old 01-06-2009, 02:32 AM
Trader
Awards Showcase
Super Sleuth Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

StarBP is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:

Umm... I don't think anyone posted about that quest on the forums until AFTER VMK closed.
Old 01-06-2009, 02:42 AM
Noise amongst the static
Awards Showcase

LordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarBP View Post
Umm... I don't think anyone posted about that quest on the forums until AFTER VMK closed.
There's more than one VMK forum in the world

Quote:
That makes sense considering they bought the domain in the 90s.
Ah, but when did they actually start production? Something like VMK doesn't take an entire decade

Unless you're the team working on Duke Nukem Forever...

Old 01-07-2009, 12:05 AM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 

Born In Park
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
Quote:
There's more than one VMK forum in the world

Ah, but when did they actually start production? Something like VMK doesn't take an entire decade

Unless you're the team working on Duke Nukem Forever...
This is Disney were talking about, I can see it take that long.
Old 01-07-2009, 02:48 AM
Noise amongst the static
Awards Showcase

Quote:
This is Disney were talking about, I can see it take that long.
Funny, the Disney I know seems pretty good at pumping out games by the hundreds

Old 01-09-2009, 01:09 AM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase

Born In Park
Quote:
Funny, the Disney I know seems pretty good at pumping out games by the hundreds
Yes,but those games are normally bad quality unlike vmk.
Old 01-09-2009, 01:59 AM
Noise amongst the static
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Yes,but those games are normally bad quality unlike vmk.
Hehheh. Too true, too true.

Old 08-27-2009, 07:13 PM
VMK's New Arcade Man!!!
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: VMKForumsAddict
PowerfulSonicMint is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by acefredfred View Post
I was never on for new years.. LOL
- acefredfred
Join the club, my man. I never attended new years 2007. I didn't get back on VMK until January 2008
Old 08-29-2009, 01:51 AM
I iz lazy.
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Spooky Scribe Award Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: Insomnious
Blossomflower is Buried in TreasureBlossomflower is Buried in TreasureBlossomflower is Buried in Treasure
wow. this thread makes me sad.
T_T
LOL