Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Other > Arts, Creativity, Sigs, & Avatars > Art Shops

Art Shops Whether you are looking for some art to be created or creating art for other people, this is the place for you.

Old Help restoring a memory?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 03-22-2010, 03:07 AM
Farewell VMK&All Who Play
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Patriot 2010 Award Guess the Picture Participation Award 
Total Awards: 17

VIP
My Mood: Supercal
Adventurebry has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundAdventurebry has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundAdventurebry has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundAdventurebry has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Help restoring a memory?

Okay, you know how in the VMK best guest rooms they used to post a picture on the homepage with a VMK emblem in the corner? Well, I recently got a pin of the VMK emblem, and would like to frame it with one of my proudest moments on VMK, when I won my best quest pin. Sadly, the picture posted on the VMK homepage was lost with the death of my computer, and the one below is all I have left. The only problem is it has those unsightly text boxes (if I was to frame it) I attempted on editing them out, to no avail. I know this may be a difficult job and may be a lot to ask, but does anybody thin kthey can edit out the text boxes? Or is there really not much hope because of all the items and people that happen to be underneath them? Thanks anyway!

Also, sorry if this is in the wrong section; I wasn't positive where it should be.

Sig made by Sushi--Adventurebry/AlphaPanchito RIP 2005-2008
Old 03-22-2010, 04:51 AM
I <3 Disneyland
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 18

Born In Park Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: BDay
Broccolisprout is floating through Inner Space
I believe I may be able to do something. I'll get to work on it
Old 03-22-2010, 06:25 PM
Hugs and Pixie Dust
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Summer Party Winner's Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 
Total Awards: 24

My Mood: Pixieish
Jezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Have you had a look through our wonderful Wiki? Most things were recorded including all the Best Rooms. Maybe your picture is amongst those.

http://www.disneysonlineworlds.com/i...hp/Top_Players

Old 03-22-2010, 09:30 PM
Farewell VMK&amp;amp;All Who Play
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Patriot 2010 Award Guess the Picture Participation Award 

VIP
Adventurebry has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundAdventurebry has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundAdventurebry has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundAdventurebry has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezzi View Post
Have you had a look through our wonderful Wiki? Most things were recorded including all the Best Rooms. Maybe your picture is amongst those.

http://www.disneysonlineworlds.com/i...hp/Top_Players
Ahh, dont remind me XD. I went throught that whole list a few times, untill I foudn in the gallery that I said I won it on 8/22/06, so I looked that up, and the picture was nto to be found. Maybe these pictures were never pit up? Maybe I just don't know my way around the wiki? Thank yuofor the suggestion though, and thank youfor pointing out my dumb error in adavance my picture is, in fact there (under Adventurebry). It should be here, if I am not mistaking..
http://www.disneysonlineworlds.com/i...nd_Top_Players

Thank you so much, Broccolisprout =).

Old 03-22-2010, 09:59 PM
Hugs and Pixie Dust
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Summer Party Winner's Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 
Total Awards: 24

My Mood: Pixieish
Jezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying around
ugh, so sorry Good luck with your project.

Old 03-22-2010, 10:06 PM
Awards Showcase

VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezzi View Post
ugh, so sorry Good luck with your project.
Ahh, its okay. Thanks anyway! I have faith in Broccolisprout. No pressure!!!

Old 03-23-2010, 06:15 AM
I <3 Disneyland
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 

Well, I have about 1/4 of it restored. Pixel by pixel, it's coming together. The hardest part so far has been the VMK logo on top of the Quest kiosk. Going to work on the mountain next. I'm using pictures from the Wiki to restore some parts, but other parts are pretty well covered up.
Old 03-24-2010, 03:41 AM
Awards Showcase

VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broccolisprout View Post
Well, I have about 1/4 of it restored. Pixel by pixel, it's coming together. The hardest part so far has been the VMK logo on top of the Quest kiosk. Going to work on the mountain next. I'm using pictures from the Wiki to restore some parts, but other parts are pretty well covered up.
Thank you so much. I really don't know how to thank you. Really, though, if it gets too hard or begins to become too time consuming, don't worry about it. I am very exited though :P. Mind telling me what program you are using? I mean, I only have paint now ( though I suppose it could be done there..) but I think the reason why I can't do it is a mix of my impatientness (lol) and my juvenile arthritis (in my fingers and neck), which makes it pretty difficult to do anything that requires distinct movement and placements of pictures and pixels. Thanks again, and don't worry about it if you want to quit .

Old 03-24-2010, 04:37 AM
Anyone can believe.
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Trivia Winner Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Golden Years Award 
Total Awards: 15

My Mood: Amuzed
acefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Hmm.. Since all the VMK files can still be found on their database it may be accessible. There were all the best room pictures on it still. I'll try to look tomorrow.

- ace
Old 03-24-2010, 05:36 AM
I <3 Disneyland
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventurebry View Post
Mind telling me what program you are using?
I'm using GIMP. Hey, it works.
Old 03-24-2010, 11:14 PM
Awards Showcase

VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by acefredfred View Post
Hmm.. Since all the VMK files can still be found on their database it may be accessible. There were all the best room pictures on it still. I'll try to look tomorrow.

- ace
Thanks so much to both you and Broccolisprout (btw, i love broccoli sprouts; I put them on subs or salads I make :P) for trying to help me. I hate to be doing nothing while you too are working hard for me. I spent soo many hours looking through the VMK database, looking for it, again it happened on 8/22/06, if that helps acefredfred, and I never found anything (I think you may be pretty unlikely to, too, unless you know your way around a database; I had no idea, I was just clicking and typing in names that seemed to fit in the address bar). Just like I couldn't get far trying to restore the picture I have. I am pretty useless, lol. Thanks again!

Old 03-25-2010, 07:23 PM
I <3 Disneyland
Awards Showcase

I looked through the wiki- it's not there.

I'm still working on the restoration, and it's coming along nicely. No worries
Old 04-13-2010, 04:58 AM
Awards Showcase

VIP
Quote:
I looked through the wiki- it's not there.

I'm still working on the restoration, and it's coming along nicely. No worries
Thank you for your hard work, Broccolisprout =).

Old 04-13-2010, 07:39 AM
I <3 Disneyland
Awards Showcase

Still coming along nicely, although we've had some power outages recently, so I had to re-do one minor painting job. I'm still staring at the girl in the gold chair, wondering how to go about doing that. I'm sure I'll end up finding pictures of her outfit and her face to restore it. Simple enough... once I find the motivation and time to go all about the internet looking for the screenshots.
Old 04-13-2010, 11:55 PM
Awards Showcase

VIP
Quote:
Still coming along nicely, although we've had some power outages recently, so I had to re-do one minor painting job. I'm still staring at the girl in the gold chair, wondering how to go about doing that. I'm sure I'll end up finding pictures of her outfit and her face to restore it. Simple enough... once I find the motivation and time to go all about the internet looking for the screenshots.
Ughh, I know that will be difficult because I have tried to search for a girl that color in those clothes and the VMK on the quest machine for about two hours one day, until I finally quit. Not I am not the best at finding things online, but if it takes you too long to, don't worry about it at all; I would be perfectly happy with anything you've done so far. Thanks again =).