Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Site Content > News Articles > News Archive

News Archive no posting

Old Trivia Winners 12/30/07

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 12-30-2007, 04:12 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

slinkyman is floating through Inner Space
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezibabe View Post
I am sorry you feel this way, but as with anything in life.. the more effort you put in, the higher the rewards. It is no good just playing for a month and a half then playing less if you want to be in the Top10, you have to keep on top of it or lose. As for the people who won again.. we put the effort in!
I understand what you're saying. I thought the awards were given out every month so I played it for a month and saw that nobody won. If there was a set date I would put effort in - but random dates? Who knows when it could be given out. 1 Month? 2 Months? 3 Months? Possibilities are endless.

I'm not saying those who did win 2nd or 3rd time didn't put effort in. I know how difficult it is to get the points but if it is nothing else "new" you're going to get then maybe other people who don't have it want it. I am surprised and thankful at the scores though. Don't think I'm taking it for granite - it is difficult!
Old 12-30-2007, 04:15 PM
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award 
Total Awards: 20

Here Since Day 1
My Mood: Busy
Batleth has Levitated to new heights!Batleth has Levitated to new heights!Batleth has Levitated to new heights!Batleth has Levitated to new heights!Batleth has Levitated to new heights!Batleth has Levitated to new heights!Batleth has Levitated to new heights!
Quote:
Originally Posted by slinkyman View Post
Will there ever be a set date when these will be given out?

After the last time trivia winners were announced I played for a month & half as #2 on the trivia but I noticed there was no date set so I started to play less and less.

Maybe every 2-3 months they could be announced? A "couple" of months could be anything.

I also find it interesting that some of the names won last time.
We normally reset the scores every 3-4 months. This depends on a few things though so it does vary a little. Such as last month when keswick suddenly lost it's trivia database. Luckily, several of us mods log all chat channels so we were able to award the correct people, but we had to do it sooner than planned. Things happens so we hate to really set a specific date for reset times.

As for being the same people winning, I'm sure that has to do with a lot that those people are always in live chat. Quite a few are in chat daily or stay logged in at all times. People are bound to get a little bored and go play trivia to pass the time. Specially when VMK is closed. Anyone is welcome to join us in chat and/or trivia to play.
Old 12-30-2007, 04:21 PM
Hugs and Pixie Dust
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Summer Party Winner's Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 
Total Awards: 24

My Mood: Pixieish
Jezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying around
I guess more people will put more effort in, for a longer time, if nobody knows when it will end.. I kinda like not knowing. If you want this prize, you have to keep going until the Mods decide it is time to reset them.

As for those who have already won it once (or twice) before, why should we give way to others who cannot be bothered to try for it? Actually, if you look at the scores this time they were very, very low in comparison to other times. When I won it I got a score of nearly 10,000, previous to that it was won with a score of 33,333! Being in the Top10 was very attainable, without much effort, this time. I fully expected to be knocked out with such a low score and very surprised nobody even tried.
Old 12-30-2007, 04:23 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

Quote:
very surprised nobody even tried.
I almost think more people would try if they knew a date. Since I do not know a date it feels like I am trying for nothing almost.
Old 12-30-2007, 05:28 PM
Black and Yellow!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Signature Donation Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: Dreamy
AllAboutStitch is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by slinkyman View Post
I almost think more people would try if they knew a date. Since I do not know a date it feels like I am trying for nothing almost.
oh complain complain. let's congradulate the winners ( Mega_Joe ) instead of using this thread as a rant column. Congrats to all the winners!

~ Stitch
Old 12-30-2007, 05:32 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

Mega_Joe is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllAboutStitch View Post
oh complain complain. let's congradulate the winners ( Mega_Joe ) instead of using this thread as a rant column. Congrats to all the winners!

~ Stitch
Thx Stitch!! . And ink no one knows when the scores will be reset. Its just at random
Old 12-31-2007, 12:51 AM
A Marker that is Orange

Orangemarker is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Congrats to all the winners. I didn't participate this round because I wanted to let others have the opportunity to have a scrolly name instead of the same people over and over again.

It's pretty weird seeing my name normal again.
Old 12-31-2007, 01:11 AM
VMK_Lion's #1 Fan!
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Halloween'11 Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 50

My Mood: Happy
MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Congrats to all! the_phoenix especially
Old 12-31-2007, 01:22 AM
June 2nd 05 - May 21st 08
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Smilie Winners Award Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 
Total Awards: 4

My Mood: Author
coolJamz has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundcoolJamz has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundcoolJamz has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Where does this trivia stuff take place? looks interesting.
Old 12-31-2007, 02:10 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner Trivia Winner Trivia Winner Trivia Winner Trivia Winner 
Total Awards: 5

My Mood: Angelic
angel_ocean is covered with Confettiangel_ocean is covered with Confettiangel_ocean is covered with Confetti
OOH Congrats to all the players, top 10 or not.
Hope more people participate cause its much more fun and exciting XD
and the scores wouldn't as high as the previous but sure is fun though XD
congrats again to the top 10 and Have Fun
Old 12-31-2007, 02:40 AM
Gotta go...
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award 
Total Awards: 20

Born In Park Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: VMKFy
TooHip has Levitated to new heights!TooHip has Levitated to new heights!TooHip has Levitated to new heights!TooHip has Levitated to new heights!TooHip has Levitated to new heights!TooHip has Levitated to new heights!
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolJamz View Post
Where does this trivia stuff take place? looks interesting.
The trivia game runs at all hours in live chat. You can join live chat by clicking "Enter Live Chat" from the Live VMK Chat module on the left hand side of the forums home page. Once you've entered chat, there should be a button at the bottom that says #vmktrivia, click that. If the game is already running, feel free to jump in by typing in the answers to the questions as soon as you know it. If the game is stopped, type !choose to pick a category, and !trivia to start it.

Have fun and good luck!
Old 12-31-2007, 02:48 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllAboutStitch View Post

~ Stitch
Anyways..

Congrats Mega_Joe, the_phoenix, Penguinz, angel_ocean, Jesscats, CookyHalie, Jezibabe, Chele, BetterDays, Paperclip! You did awesome.
Old 12-31-2007, 02:55 AM
Silly boy.

My Mood: Woot
GoofyLuke ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
I totally agree with slinkyman.

-Goofy
Old 12-31-2007, 03:39 AM
xDDDDDDDDD
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

My Mood: Lurking
Darenator is as Frosty as a Snowman
Good job, people
I'm sad to see my scrolly name go, but I will be able to have more time to play with you guys during summer vacation!

Until then,

-Dare
Old 12-31-2007, 06:43 AM
Pirate in Training @ POTC
Awards Showcase
Happy Holidays'09 Award Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 2

Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
Chele has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Chele has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Quote:
I guess more people will put more effort in, for a longer time, if nobody knows when it will end.. I kinda like not knowing. If you want this prize, you have to keep going until the Mods decide it is time to reset them.

As for those who have already won it once (or twice) before, why should we give way to others who cannot be bothered to try for it? Actually, if you look at the scores this time they were very, very low in comparison to other times. When I won it I got a score of nearly 10,000, previous to that it was won with a score of 33,333! Being in the Top10 was very attainable, without much effort, this time. I fully expected to be knocked out with such a low score and very surprised nobody even tried.

Beautifully put and I couldn't have said it better myself. Many of the players are in chat daily/nightly and jump in here and there for a question which adds up quickly. Honestly, I didn't even try this time around. The scores were so low that it just happened.

To me, the best strategy is to set a realistic goal and reach for it. If you go into trivia on day 1 reaching for 1000 - 2000 answers in a few days, chances are you're going to burn yourself out pretty quickly. Remember the old story of the tortoise and the hare. Slow and steady wins the race (or in this case, builds up answers) – except for the crazy 33,333 score – that really was the odd ball thing (haha).

And actually many trivia (and chat) members have become great friends in vmk. The playful bantering that we share is extremely joyful. Isn't that what the trivia game is really designed for? Just another outlet (related to vmk) for us to share common experiences without the limitations of the vmk dictionary yet still maintaining the basic (and conservative) G rating.

Congratulations to all the winners. It was great to see some new names fly by in the top 10. And, I hope to see these same names and new ones in the coming trivia contest.