Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Magic Kingdoms > Magic Kingdoms Archive

Magic Kingdoms Archive Archive forum for Magic Kingdoms

Old Facts of Disneyland

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 04-04-2008, 06:12 AM
Registered+

Trangerine ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
yeah i remember the festival of fools it had hunch back show at that time that was classic but it was hot now they use it as a picnic area and a place to put satilites....

Last edited by TooHip; 04-04-2008 at 06:22 AM.. Reason: Spam
Old 04-16-2008, 12:17 AM
Registered+

Trangerine ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
does anyone know any updates about it's a small world?
Old 04-16-2008, 02:46 AM
Come what may...

My Mood: Pixieish
dragnfly-princess is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I'm waiting for an update on It's A Small World too. I keep hearing unsettling rumors that the children are being removed in lieu of Disney characters. Has anyone else heard this?
Old 04-16-2008, 04:30 AM
AllEarsOnDisney

manunderwater ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
yeah, and will most likely open after christmas now
Old 03-13-2006, 01:35 AM
Noise amongst the static
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Signature Donation Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: SaveVMK
LordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trangerine
originally the 20,000 leauges under the sea had real people play as mermaids on the ride
speaking of which, a few not-to-bright guests occasionally try to swim out to them... while the subs are moving... *sigh*
Old 01-20-2007, 04:51 AM
Friend of Daisy Buchanan

GreatGatsby has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundGreatGatsby has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundGreatGatsby has turned into a Bat and is flying around
There was a recent exchange of posts about a message containing several "facts," one or two that were possible but a slew that were simply false. I won't try to guess at the motivation for some of the statements.

The post has been removed, as well as the discussion. I will take a moment, however, to make a small statement.

Posting information that is knowingly false is against the Forums rules, and in some cases is even considered trolling. There are several reasons for this, not the least of which is many members are very young and are not experienced enough to tell when something is done in jest or old enough to "get" sarcasm.

If a post of this nature is meant as a joke, and it's not obviousit's meant as a joke, then it needs something to show it's not real (such as a "jk" or an appropriate smilie). The post in question started with a real fact, but had a couple of lines there were either very wrong or in poor taste, depending on whether you viewed it as a joke. At no time did the poster say anything about joking.

This thread is "facts" of Disneyland. If you state something in error, OK, you made a mistake. If you knowingly post outrageous statements without consideration of our target membership, that's simply wrong.
Old 01-20-2007, 06:02 AM
Registered+

sugarpixy is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
These are some really interesting facts!! But I'm not sure about this one:
"Feral cats live in disneyland. they are mostly in critter country near the hungry bear, inside the castle, and in condor flats at DCA
"
How would the cats get in? And also... wouldn't the staff take them out? Even though they are small and are timid to come out, there could be accidents. The cat's maybe shy, but they still have tooth and claw.
Just as a note on the cats I can verify this is infact true.

Yes there are feral cats at Disneyland and Lots of them. Disneyland Actualy brought these cats in to the park a long time ago, Circled D even takes care of them when they need it, and they use to have a feral cat program. They serve as Pest Controll. The Cats are fed only at a few locations, they are considerd wild and some even have kittens in the park. They roam back stage mostly during park hours, there are alot in critter country and near the barn, any area they want really. Disney cant leave out any poison for obvious reasons, and far better to have the Cats then The Large Packer Rats.
Old 01-20-2007, 02:21 PM
Come to the Lazy Mermaid!
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

Jacques is covered with ConfettiJacques is covered with ConfettiJacques is covered with Confetti
Quote:
The post has been removed, as well as the discussion.
Thanks, GG. I did my best to attempt to refute some points, but you have a better solution. ;-)

Here's a fact for you. The Rivers of America used to be stocked with catfish. Originally, you were allowed to catch them. But Walt was afraid someone would try to eat one, so they were removed.

The River, however, is still home to many kinds of animals. There are very large orange carp (similar to koi fish), herons, kingfishers, clams, and at one point, a box turtle.
Old 01-20-2007, 07:37 PM
I'm an imagineer!
Awards Showcase
VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Happy Holidays'09 Award 
Total Awards: 2

VIP
Disneyland is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGatsby View Post
There was a recent exchange of posts about a message containing several "facts," one or two that were possible but a slew that were simply false. I won't try to guess at the motivation for some of the statements.

The post has been removed, as well as the discussion. I will take a moment, however, to make a small statement.

Posting information that is knowingly false is against the Forums rules, and in some cases is even considered trolling. There are several reasons for this, not the least of which is many members are very young and are not experienced enough to tell when something is done in jest or old enough to "get" sarcasm.

If a post of this nature is meant as a joke, and it's not obviousit's meant as a joke, then it needs something to show it's not real (such as a "jk" or an appropriate smilie). The post in question started with a real fact, but had a couple of lines there were either very wrong or in poor taste, depending on whether you viewed it as a joke. At no time did the poster say anything about joking.

This thread is "facts" of Disneyland. If you state something in error, OK, you made a mistake. If you knowingly post outrageous statements without consideration of our target membership, that's simply wrong.

Thank you for clearing it up GreatGatsby
I'm sure everyone will now understand these are facts