Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > VMK Gaming Archived Forums > VMK Players Discussion

VMK Players Discussion General VMK Gaming Discussions which doesn't fit anywhere else.

Old Disney.com Terms of Use - Updated 5/6/08

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 05-06-2008, 05:16 PM
Thanks To Friends
Awards Showcase
Super Donation Award Happy Valentine's Day VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Winner's Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Super Donation Award Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 8

Born In Park VIP
mrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Disney.com Terms of Use - Updated 5/6/08

Ok I'll admit,
I never really read through these before so I have no idea what changes were made.
As you log into VMK you will notice this update of terms of use highlighted in red.
With that being said I have read them now. A few things stuck out at me in regards to VMK.
No idea if this was the case but..
Here it is anyways;

All information, materials, functions and other content (including Submissions, as defined in Section 3, entitled "SUBMISSIONS") ("Content") contained on WDIG Sites are our copyrighted property or the copyrighted property of our licensors or licensees. All trademarks, service marks, trade names, and trade dress are proprietary to us and/or our licensors or licensees. We may change the WDIG Sites or delete Content or features at any time, in any way, for any or no reason.

"Public Forum" means an area, site or feature offered as part of any WDIG Site that offers the opportunity for users to Distribute Submissions for viewing by one or more WDIG Site users, including a chat area, message board, instant messaging, mobile messaging, social community environment, profile page, conversation page, blog, e-mail function (including electronic greeting cards and send-a-friend e-mails).
We owe you no obligation, and therefore may refuse, to post, deliver, remove, modify or otherwise use or take any action with respect to Submissions you Distribute.

LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
WE MAY TERMINATE YOUR FURTHER ACCESS TO WDIG SITES OR CHANGE THE WDIG SITES OR DELETE CONTENT OR FEATURES IN ANY WAY, AT ANY TIME AND FOR ANY REASON OR NO REASON.
( The best excuse they state over and over is that they can do anything they want with no reason-LOL-sounds like a good corporate strategy. They sure like yelling towards the end. I think somebody is cranky and needs a nap.)

And there are a few other boring legal things saying they will sue you if you copy their music/art/ideas or alter them in any way, except for your own personal computer. Oh and if you come up with a good idea and send it to them, don't expect to get paid or even any credit for it.
That about sums it up.
Old 05-06-2008, 05:42 PM
Mrs. DarthMelissa to you!
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: PinkFlips
DarthMelissa has Levitated to new heights!DarthMelissa has Levitated to new heights!DarthMelissa has Levitated to new heights!DarthMelissa has Levitated to new heights!DarthMelissa has Levitated to new heights!DarthMelissa has Levitated to new heights!DarthMelissa has Levitated to new heights!
It really says they owe us no obligation? Well then, I owe them no obligation to continue spending money at Disney. I'm completely disgusted now.
Old 05-06-2008, 06:27 PM
VMK 4 ever
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

gabyta is spinning in a Cursed Storm
are they losing their mind??
Old 05-06-2008, 06:54 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

slinkyman is floating through Inner Space
Technically - that is the truth.

VMKForums can remove avatars if they wanted to (of course people will be upset) but the owner(s) has the right to do anything to their site - like Disney is doing with vmk.com
Old 05-06-2008, 07:00 PM
Heinous Hare
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot 2011 Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 15

Evil Kid Bugs ’s single use Teleportation has expiredEvil Kid Bugs ’s single use Teleportation has expiredEvil Kid Bugs ’s single use Teleportation has expiredEvil Kid Bugs ’s single use Teleportation has expiredEvil Kid Bugs ’s single use Teleportation has expiredEvil Kid Bugs ’s single use Teleportation has expiredEvil Kid Bugs ’s single use Teleportation has expiredEvil Kid Bugs ’s single use Teleportation has expiredEvil Kid Bugs ’s single use Teleportation has expiredEvil Kid Bugs ’s single use Teleportation has expiredEvil Kid Bugs ’s single use Teleportation has expired
It never fails to amaze me how Di$ney manages to hire LawBots who are so incompetent that they make My Cousin Vinny look like Clarence Darrow. (or Johnnie Cochran or F. Lee Bailey for the younger types)

Most nations, even the USofA, have constitutions that prohibit things like "WE MAY TERMINATE YOUR FURTHER ACCESS...FOR ANY REASON OR NO REASON". For instance, I would LOVE to see them terminate someone because of their race or religion. If they wanna try, there is a certain Brown Satanic Bunny they can work on...

-ekb-
Old 05-06-2008, 07:38 PM
Monorail Mixer
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

BlazinBeats is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Well then. Disney obviously doesn't care. They've pretty much saying that can scam you out of the money you pay for their online services?

No way I'm trusting them with another game.
Old 05-06-2008, 07:43 PM
Norbie

Born In Park Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Magical
Norbie is as Frosty as a Snowman
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
WE MAY TERMINATE YOUR FURTHER ACCESS TO WDIG SITES OR CHANGE THE WDIG SITES OR DELETE CONTENT OR FEATURES IN ANY WAY, AT ANY TIME AND FOR ANY REASON OR NO REASON.
I do hope that all of you who contribute your hard earned dollars to ToonTown, Pirates Online, or Club Penguin keep this little item in mind.
Old 05-06-2008, 07:49 PM
tiedyegirl 2007-2008
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

tiedyenaj is spinning in a Cursed Storm
well i think pretty soon disney you will see us cancling a membership soon
Old 05-06-2008, 08:11 PM
Trader
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Patriot 2010 Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Halloween '09 Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award 
Total Awards: 11

Born In Park
My Mood: Baffled
awsomered is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Kid Bugs View Post
It never fails to amaze me how Di$ney manages to hire LawBots who are so incompetent that they make My Cousin Vinny look like Clarence Darrow. (or Johnnie Cochran or F. Lee Bailey for the younger types)

Most nations, even the USofA, have constitutions that prohibit things like "WE MAY TERMINATE YOUR FURTHER ACCESS...FOR ANY REASON OR NO REASON". For instance, I would LOVE to see them terminate someone because of their race or religion. If they wanna try, there is a certain Brown Satanic Bunny they can work on...

-ekb-
Wow ekb you always have something to say don't you?
Well I can say this horrible. Why would they do this at all? Has Disney lost it because it seems they have. After VMK I will not go into any online game obbsesions because I'll be reminded of this. this is just EVIL Disney is supposed to make kids of all ages happy so much for that! More EVIL then ekb!!

-red-

Last edited by awsomered; 05-06-2008 at 08:26 PM..
Old 05-06-2008, 08:51 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day VMK Memories Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 4

Here Since Day 1 VIP
madamecat is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbie View Post
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
I do hope that all of you who contribute your hard earned dollars to ToonTown, Pirates Online, or Club Penguin keep this little item in mind.
Don't you worry your pretty little (gas.he) self My POTC account has already been cancelled and I have made arrangements to not renew my 2 Toontown accounts upon expiration. Take that Disney! You say you can delete and change at any time for no reason. Well guess what? So can your PAYING customers..........Hey reminds me of an old country song "Take this "game" and ..... it!"
Old 05-06-2008, 08:51 PM
Heyyy?
Awards Showcase
Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Graphics Trio Participant Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 4

My Mood: VMKForumsAddict
MyBirdHat is as Frosty as a Snowman
Hmm... Delete/cancel for any or no reason? Sounds to me like why vmk closed. Oh, well. Disney, you made a pretty big mistake saying that! Gonna lose a WHOLE lot of money.
Old 05-06-2008, 08:53 PM
Bird - The one and only.
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

TheBird is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthMelissa View Post
It really says they owe us no obligation? Well then, I owe them no obligation to continue spending money at Disney. I'm completely disgusted now.
Say it Rocks! I'm totally in agreeance!
Old 05-06-2008, 09:03 PM
The One and Only Smoop!
Awards Showcase
Scavenger Hunt Participation's Award Your Favorite Attraction Award Happy Valentine's Day Guess the Picture Winner's Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Halloween '09 Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day 
Total Awards: 12

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Busy
Smoop has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundSmoop has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundSmoop has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbie View Post
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
At this point, please don't be surprised if Disney closes Toontown or Pirates. They obviously don't care about their players. Remember, "online gaming" is only one aspect of the Disney empire. Shutting down their online games will not hurt the company at all. My best advice for everybody who is upset about VMK closing is to enjoy what you have - tomorrow it may not be there. As far as VMK and VMKForums goes, I have no regrets. Yeah it stinks, but I'm over it. Thank you Disney for making a great game, but don't expect me to wait around for you to close down the others.
“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.”
Old 05-06-2008, 09:04 PM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
So either they are afraid they are going to lose this fight with the players, or they are getting annoyed. So I am hoping its the first one. I actually heard about this in art the other day, we are making prints and she wants us to start designing them, and she says that we can't use disney characters or disney will give you an angry letter. She also said that their was a guy who had disney tatoos all down his arms and he has to keep them covered up because they belong to disney. A student posted a disney picture on a site and disney sent them an angry letter asking them to take it off imediately. Apparently disney means bussiness..
Old 05-06-2008, 09:05 PM
Doodoodoodoo
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

2starTagregory is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I AM GOING TO SUE DISNEY!!!!! They are very rude. They think this is going to stop us? They're wrong!!!!!!!!!