Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Site Content > Site Feedback > Site Feedback Archive

Site Feedback Archive Site Feedback Archive

Old What do YOU want in VMKF?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-06-2009, 08:43 PM
You've got a friend in me
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Winners Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 8

My Mood: LiveChat
fantasyforever is as Frosty as a Snowman
What do YOU want in VMKF?

I've been seeing alot of

'VMKF isn't this'
'VMKF doesn't have this'
"Oh, i'm starting to get away from VMKF'
'VMKF is losing its touch'

It's kind of saddening for me, I LOVE VMKF, and I do NOT want it to go away.

So, just asking here, what do YOU want in VMKF, so that you will stay?

~fantasyforever

PS: for those who want a bigger signature size:

Batleth on signature size:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batleth
We've had it 500x200 for over 4 years. After adding several additional images to posts, increasing the sig size would decrease load times more than you would actually think. Though that drastically depends on your connection speed, CPU, ram, etc.

The way I see it, a lot of people are having problems keeping to the 500x200 size lately. So why should we encourage even larger sigs by increasing them?

Anyway, the 200 height is the important part to the sig limitations. It allows you to view more than a single post per screen on your monitor. If you increase that too much, you will only be able to see a single post at a time. Personally, I find that highly annoying as a person just reading the forums and as a mod trying to review a thread. We've had to increase our post headers a bit to include some new features and that's about as high as we'll allow them.

We do allow some leeway. I don't really care as much if the 500 width is over exceeded as long as it isn't too much. I keep a fairly large screen but some may not. Anyone running 800x600 screen resolution, who knows why at this point and time, but they would have a hard time viewing quite few things on the forums. Though the new standard is 1024x762 and fast becoming 1280x1024 or even large with all the new widescreen monitors. You still have to take the greater amount of users and satisfy them.