Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Other > Off Topic > WAY Off Topic

WAY Off Topic Off Topic archive

Old VMKF's Purpose?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 07-01-2009, 07:28 PM
Ranter
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Your Favorite Attraction Award Guess the Picture Participation Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Golden Years Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day 
Total Awards: 14

My Mood: Excited
jedry is spinning in a Cursed Storm
VMKF's Purpose?

Now I'm not trying to say that the forum's bad (after all I love the forums) but what I've come to notice is that after VMK shut down, the forum's purpose became (how do I put this) sort of anonymous or "unknown".
The forum's are still a fun place to meet up with friends, chat ecetera but when you think about it should the forum still be called VMK Forum's? After all its not really the same, the magic passed on with VMK alongside it. The excitement of getting back from school and signing onto the forum's to discuss one of VMK's new items and the possibilities of what may be released next. Exchanging rumours such as the possibility of Inferno be re-released. All this excitement and discussion is probably what made VMKF the forum it is today. Now in no way does this mean that you should quit unless you want to and the forum's still have some things to talk about but what I'm trying to get across to you all would be this question:

Is this still a VMK forum? Or has all the magic died alongside VMK?

Please post your opinions and what you think about all this.
Old 07-01-2009, 07:57 PM
Marluxia. For the cool.
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 2010 Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 4

Here Since Day 1
My Mood: Sporkness
Centurey is as Frosty as a Snowman
all of the above. a place remember vmk, and a place to discuss other things.

Old 07-02-2009, 12:41 AM
You've got a friend in me
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Winners Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 8

My Mood: LiveChat
fantasyforever is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedry View Post

It's still called VMKForums.
The name probably won't change anytime. As Century stated, VMKF is:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centurey
a place remember vmk
VMKF is still a place to remember VMK, stay connected with our VMK/VMKF friends, and just talk.

~fantasyforever
Old 07-02-2009, 01:45 AM
VMK_Lion's #1 Fan!
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Halloween'11 Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 50

My Mood: Happy
MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
It's a place to remember vmk and for vmk players to discuss the game that they enjoyed.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:49 AM
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Patriot 2010 Award Guess the Picture Participation Award Trivia Winner Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Valentine's Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 27

Matterz has disabled reputation
Quote:

It is and will always remain a "VMK forum" until it closes for good like the kingdom we lost over a year ago. We still celebrate the magic and discuss it like it and many other things, as the others who posted... I don't think there is a purpose right now but to keep the community strong and to keep in touch.
Old 07-02-2009, 02:00 AM
I'm so 2008 Your 200LATE
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 5

My Mood: Artistic
Kyris is floating through Inner Space
It is a place to remember old friends gone and here but we have fun
Old 07-02-2009, 02:27 AM
wants Elle B. to return
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner Happy Holidays'09 Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Halloween '09 Award Trivia Winner VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 10

My Mood: Villany
the_phoenix has turned into a sparkling Pirate!the_phoenix has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
EKB still needs his all-time ebil headquarters.

All credit goes to GG and her awesome siggy-making powers.
Old 07-02-2009, 03:00 AM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Trivia Winner Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 16

VIP
My Mood: Creative
bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLKnCookies View Post
It's a place to remember vmk and for vmk players to discuss the game that they enjoyed.
who really is doing that anymore, I rarely see posts on it anymore.. about vmk. mainly RPG's, and other off-topic things.

This thing rocks ----> so cool.
Old 07-02-2009, 03:26 AM
Soda || KaiSo
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: Spammy
SassaFrazz is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Though, I'll admit this isn't what I get on to remember VMK. If I want to do that, I'll just go browsing through my few screenshots I have, or bug a person from my friend circle from VMK. ( XDD )
The site is like one of the tiny whoville sized specs of magic that was left behind, for everyone on this site to enjoy. People can still share (although I see more rpging and random threads.. . . . and rants. I'll stop now o_o;; ) their experiences on here, and remember the good 'ol times. Who knows, maybe some people come here, hoping that the Kingdom we once enjoyed will once again open its' gates for us and welcome us with open arms. Meh, we'll never know. . . . I'll stop rambling on and on now. xDD
Old 07-02-2009, 07:33 AM
hmmm! (:
Awards Showcase
St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Trivia Winner Patriot 2010 Award Trivia Winner Happy Valentine's Day Trivia Winner Happy Holidays'09 Award 
Total Awards: 20

My Mood: Woah
Pink_Bink is covered with ConfettiPink_Bink is covered with ConfettiPink_Bink is covered with Confetti
It's a place for remembering all the times in VMK and talking about the game we loved.
I keep in touch with friends and remember VMK from this site.
Even though we're a small community - there is a huge love for VMK here.
We may not show it, but we all know it.
I've made lots of new friends from here also. (:
Old 07-02-2009, 08:52 PM
Masked Cowboy
Awards Showcase
St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Epitaph Winner's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 49

VIP
SoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Inferno
Quote:
Now I'm not trying to say that the forum's bad (after all I love the forums) but what I've come to notice is that after VMK shut down, the forum's purpose became (how do I put this) sort of anonymous or "unknown".
The forum's are still a fun place to meet up with friends, chat ecetera but when you think about it should the forum still be called VMK Forum's? After all its not really the same, the magic passed on with VMK alongside it. The excitement of getting back from school and signing onto the forum's to discuss one of VMK's new items and the possibilities of what may be released next. Exchanging rumours such as the possibility of Inferno be re-released. All this excitement and discussion is probably what made VMKF the forum it is today. Now in no way does this mean that you should quit unless you want to and the forum's still have some things to talk about but what I'm trying to get across to you all would be this question:

The purpose of VMKF is simple: to remember the magic of VMK, to keep up with old VMK friends, and to form new relationships with members of the site. VMK Forums has always been called VMK Forums, so I don't see a reason to change it. Every message board is unstable, with members coming and going, but this message board is especially unstable as its foundation has been destroyed. As aspects change that we cannot control, we should at least control the aspects that we can control, such as rules, traditions, and the site title. It really balances out the instablility with much needed stability that keeps the site under control. VMKF has changed from a "now" fansite to a "then" fansite in regards to VMK, but VMK is what brought us all together in the first place and therefore should be kept in the title. Besides, Forums.com does not give our community much of an identity, wouldn't you say?

If the magic of VMKF had died along with VMK, there would be no site right now. But, as you can see, people still care enough about the Virtual Magic Kingdom to sign on each day and post. You could argue that some people now only discuss non-VMK topics, but if they hadn't loved VMK after May 21, 2008, nobody would be here. You could then argue that the post-VMK magic inside of them has died in the past year, but deep inside, anyone who regularly visits a site with the name of a game they once played in the title still has that magic. I agree that the recent content of the forums does not reflect that, with a majority of threads being unrelated to VMK, but I disagree with the notion that the magic is gone. Deep inside each member, in their hearts, is a love for VMK that keeps them signing on. It is simply: magic.

Play trivia at #vmktrivia to win a purple scrolly!
Old 07-03-2009, 02:05 AM
Vampire Slayer.
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Your Favorite Attraction Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 4

My Mood: annoying
SVU-Sam is as Frosty as a Snowman
Basically we're here for the lulz.
Old 07-04-2009, 05:52 PM
Ranter
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Your Favorite Attraction Award Guess the Picture Participation Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Golden Years Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day 
Total Awards: 14

My Mood: Excited
jedry is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Thanks for stating your opinions, everyone!
But I still think that the forum's purpose has been somewhat forgotten and has been replaced with off-topic rambling but yet again, certain members (such as myself) still discuss the many aspects involving VMK (the protests, the closure, the good times, the bad times ecetera) and therefore I supose there is still some sorrow about VMK's closure and the love for VMK deep down inside us all.

A dieu! Jedry has left da building!
Old 07-07-2009, 12:54 AM
VMK_Lion's #1 Fan!
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Halloween'11 Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 50

MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedudeman View Post
who really is doing that anymore, I rarely see posts on it anymore.. about vmk. mainly RPG's, and other off-topic things.

This thing rocks ----> so cool.
Doesn't mean we do it, but that's why it's still here.
Old 07-07-2009, 02:41 AM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Trivia Winner Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 16

VIP
My Mood: Creative
bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
I know, that's what I was saying. It's purpose is for people to talk about VMK and things about it, I was just saying I rarely see it now.