Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Site Content > Site Feedback > Site Feedback Archive

Site Feedback Archive Site Feedback Archive

Old Userpage changes - Shoutouts

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 09-09-2008, 11:41 PM
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award 
Total Awards: 20

Here Since Day 1
My Mood: Busy
Batleth has Levitated to new heights!Batleth has Levitated to new heights!Batleth has Levitated to new heights!Batleth has Levitated to new heights!Batleth has Levitated to new heights!Batleth has Levitated to new heights!Batleth has Levitated to new heights!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave_Bloom_Kiari View Post
I Have A Shoutout thingy on my userpgae, (like where people say nice things about me i pout it up. Is That What You Mean.?)
Yes, that's what I'm talking about. We have no way of controling the content of any messages left on those and therefore won't be allowing them.
Old 09-09-2008, 11:48 PM
I am the Brain of you all
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 19

My Mood: Nerdy
Brain is covered with ConfettiBrain is covered with ConfettiBrain is covered with Confetti
I can see why they are not allowed. This is a matter in which its too tedious to continuously check, and I understand that. Is there any possible time in which they may come back, as to test them on the forums once again? You never know if this sent a message to people and they won't do it once more.

-Brain

Old 09-10-2008, 12:02 AM
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award 

Here Since Day 1
Batleth has Levitated to new heights!Batleth has Levitated to new heights!Batleth has Levitated to new heights!Batleth has Levitated to new heights!Batleth has Levitated to new heights!Batleth has Levitated to new heights!Batleth has Levitated to new heights!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn_Brain View Post
I can see why they are not allowed. This is a matter in which its too tedious to continuously check, and I understand that. Is there any possible time in which they may come back, as to test them on the forums once again? You never know if this sent a message to people and they won't do it once more.

-Brain
Are you talking about shoutouts or the shout boxes applications that users are adding? As for the shoutouts, we have no intentions at this time to add them back. There was no way possible for us to keep up with the huge amount of violations that was occuring. They will be removed from all of our G-rated sites very soon if they haven't already been.

As for the shoutbox applications, considering we can't moderate these...I see no reason to allow them. This is just adding back the problem of shoutouts which we just removed.

I don't think everyone understands how time consuming it is to go through userpages and moderate them. We actually have to go to each person's page and view them like everyone else. Check for content and make a judgement call on the content on the page. If there are violations, we then have to edit or send a PM requesting removal of content. If we have remove content, we have to go through the userpages coding to try to find just the content that was violating our policies.

A lot of people have listed several alternatives to the shoutouts. First of all, Nick would have to do a lot of coding to make any of these happen. Second, I really don't feel that Nick should waste his time working on something the users as a whole were abusing to the point it was. Nick doesn't have a lot of extra time, that's why he has mods/admins to act as his proxy on the forums to keep them running. I would think that his time would be better spent updating vB and our other applications on the forums to keep them running smoothly or adding other more successful applications which won't be abused so much. Nick is the only one that is able to do a lot of that stuff.
Old 09-10-2008, 12:06 AM
I am the Brain of you all
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 19

My Mood: Nerdy
Brain is covered with ConfettiBrain is covered with ConfettiBrain is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batleth View Post
Are you talking about shoutouts or the shout boxes applications that users are adding? As for the shoutouts, we have no intentions at this time to add them back. There was no way possible for us to keep up with the huge amount of violations that was occuring. They will be removed from all of our G-rated sites very soon if they haven't already been.

As for the shoutbox applications, considering we can't moderate these...I see no reason to allow them. This is just adding back the problem of shoutouts which we just removed.

I don't think everyone understands how time consuming it is to go through userpages and moderate them. We actually have to go to each person's page and view them like everyone else. Check for content and make a judgement call on the content on the page. If there are violations, we then have to edit or send a PM requesting removal of content. If we have remove content, we have to go through the userpages coding to try to find just the content that was violating our policies.

A lot of people have listed several alternatives to the shoutouts. First of all, Nick would have to do a lot of coding to make any of these happen. Second, I really don't feel that Nick should waste his time working on something the users as a whole were abusing to the point it was. Nick doesn't have a lot of extra time, that's why he has mods/admins to act as his proxy on the forums to keep them running. I would think that his time would be better spent updating vB and our other applications on the forums to keep them running smoothly or adding other more successful applications which won't be abused so much. Nick is the only one that is able to do a lot of that stuff.
I understand this completely. I myself have tried coding a few times, and failed, even after I gave it many hours. I guess, you really don't know what you are missing until it is gone. This is an amazing site, with plenty of users. So, soon, I believe, everyone will forget about them, and use the normal PMs to contact people. :p Always be open for change, because when you least expect it, it gets you, and you will want to be prepared.. haha.

-Brain

Old 09-10-2008, 02:12 AM
Unicorn Waffle Elderly
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Carol Parody Participant's Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award 
Total Awards: 14

My Mood: Cheesy
lucky33325 is floating through Inner Space
dosent anyone think this is taking it a little too far? were losing too many members
Old 09-10-2008, 02:16 AM
Awards Showcase

Here Since Day 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky33325 View Post
dosent anyone think this is taking it a little too far? were losing too many members
As soon as people understand that this has NOTHING to do about keeping members and EVERYTHING to do about following our policies, this site will be better off.
Old 09-10-2008, 02:22 AM
Unicorn Waffle Elderly
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Carol Parody Participant's Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award 

but if everyone leaves... then whats the point?
Old 09-10-2008, 02:24 AM
Awards Showcase

Here Since Day 1
Quote:
What's the point of complaining in every other post that people are leaving the site? It's just really depressing and bringing the whole site down. The site will take it's own course. Don't worry about it.
Old 09-10-2008, 02:27 AM
EKB's Pirate Skeleton
Awards Showcase
Total Awards: 17

Rattlebones has disabled reputation
Quote:
Good point. What's the point of keeping a fan site alive for a dead game?

Where's Nick, I think I want to talk to him...
Old 09-10-2008, 02:26 AM
Unicorn Waffle Elderly
Awards Showcase

id debate more, but id rather not with a mod. LOL
Old 09-10-2008, 02:29 AM
Unicorn Waffle Elderly
Awards Showcase

i didnt mean that! i dont want you to close the site!
Old 09-30-2008, 10:45 PM
music+skating=kelly.o

My Mood: Confused
kelly.o is spinning in a Cursed Storm
>:| i really dont think any one really cares this is a G rated site!!! its not a movie moderators!!!!! its just ruining our fun and losing members and soon u guys will go 2 far and lose ALL of the members so ur losing 1 right now!

Sig was made by me Mean Green Kelly.o The flip hat crew
I wanted to be Part of your world before it was cool
Old 10-01-2008, 12:02 AM
EKB's Pirate Skeleton
Awards Showcase
Total Awards: 17

Rattlebones has disabled reputation
Unfortunately you're missing the point.

When you signed up you agreed to the rules of the site, including that all content is to be kept G rated.

So WE the keepers of those rules have two options, start banning those who state, like Kelly.o, they no longer agree to the rules, or close the site.