Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Site Content > Polls & Surveys > Norwegian Blue

Norwegian Blue POLLY WANT A CRACKER?!!! IT'S A DEAD POLLY!

Old Getting Closer to VMK's 1 Year Mark!

Login or Register now to see less ads.

View Poll Results: Getting Closer to VMK's 1 Year Mark!
I feel okay, getting through the year was easy. 33 38.37%
I feel pretty good, that game was too addictive. 19 22.09%
I feel awful, VMK is going farther and farther away. 31 36.05%
I am not quite sure how I feel 27 31.40%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-08-2009, 10:42 PM
.hola.
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 
Total Awards: 4

Born In Park
My Mood: Amuzed
MinnieMForever is as Frosty as a Snowman
Getting Closer to VMK's 1 Year Mark!

We are getting closer to the 1-Year mark since VMK's closing in May of 2008. How does everyone feel about that?

For me, I am actually doing okay. The year was easier than I thought it would be.

This is a poll/survey for the topic of "Close to VMK's 1-year mark".

~Earth ♥
Old 02-08-2009, 10:52 PM
sugarlandconcert♥
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Halloween '09 Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Mod Match Participant 
Total Awards: 15

My Mood: Creative
taylorswiftfan13 has Fireworks shooting off over their headtaylorswiftfan13 has Fireworks shooting off over their headtaylorswiftfan13 has Fireworks shooting off over their headtaylorswiftfan13 has Fireworks shooting off over their headtaylorswiftfan13 has Fireworks shooting off over their head
I chose that I felt pretty good.
It was an amazing game and I still miss it,
but I've pretty much gotten over it.
Looking at old screen shots brings back good memories.
Old 02-08-2009, 10:52 PM
VMK_Lion's #1 Fan!
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Halloween'11 Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 50

My Mood: Happy
MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
I really miss vmk still. Mainly just all my friends and just the "magic" and happiness that vmk brought to me.
Old 02-08-2009, 10:54 PM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Trivia Winner Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 16

VIP
My Mood: Creative
bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
I choose that I feel okay, the year was so easy to get through

I would have choosen pretty good as well, but I don't think the game was so addicting.
Old 02-08-2009, 10:56 PM
I'm cool...
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Patriot 2009 Award Mod Match Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Trivia Winner 
Total Awards: 6

Born In Park Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: VMK
Aggie is floating through Inner Space
That game was really addicting!
Old 02-08-2009, 11:04 PM
.hola.
Awards Showcase

Born In Park
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggie View Post
That game was really addicting!

I agree, but in a way I think that it's a good thing. Disney did a great job with the game - it was one of the best promotions I have ever seen.

~Earth
Old 02-08-2009, 11:31 PM
Masked Cowboy
Awards Showcase
St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Epitaph Winner's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 49

VIP
My Mood: Happy
SoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Inferno
I chose the third option because I still really miss the game and go through old pictures from time to time...

Play trivia at #vmktrivia to win a purple scrolly!
Old 02-08-2009, 11:31 PM
Heyyy?
Awards Showcase
Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Graphics Trio Participant Award Joy To The World 

My Mood: VMKForumsAddict
MyBirdHat is as Frosty as a Snowman
I'm pretty much over it, looking at screenshots brings back really good memories and that's enough for me. Once it's vmk's closing anniversary, that'll be the time where I'll be convinced that it's gone.
haaaapppyy new yearr:]
Old 02-08-2009, 11:49 PM
Disneyland Fangirl
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: Boo!
Silverpsycho is as Frosty as a Snowman
While in the beginning, I wasn't all that bummed about VMK closing, but as time passes, the more nostalgic I get. If anything, I miss the comfort of it being there, so I always had the option to go in and meet up with friends or play a game of Fireworks. It was my little escape to Disneyland without the huge cost and yes, I miss it.

I just keep telling myself that the game took a turn for the worst in the end and the magic had deteriorated because of numerous reasons. However I'd rather still have it around than not made available at all. I will always carry a sadness that I can't go on for even a minute, but I am thankful I have come out of it with some amazing friends.

With all that said, I chose the third option because it seemed to fit best, even though I don't exactly feel "awful" about it...more like "melancholy".

Also I wouldn't say the one year anniversary of VMK's closing mean it is completely gone forever. Since the materials are still available, the game could very well be reopened to celebrate another milestone celebration for one of the parks. Disney loves using tools they already have access to in order to gain more profit of its consumers. So while it has been a long time since VMK's closing, I seriously wouldn't be surprised if we see it open again for a limited time years from now.
Old 02-09-2009, 12:24 AM
.hola.
Awards Showcase

Born In Park
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverpsycho View Post
While in the beginning, I wasn't all that bummed about VMK closing, but as time passes, the more nostalgic I get. If anything, I miss the comfort of it being there, so I always had the option to go in and meet up with friends or play a game of Fireworks. It was my little escape to Disneyland without the huge cost and yes, I miss it.

I just keep telling myself that the game took a turn for the worst in the end and the magic had deteriorated because of numerous reasons. However I'd rather still have it around than not made available at all. I will always carry a sadness that I can't go on for even a minute, but I am thankful I have come out of it with some amazing friends.

With all that said, I chose the third option because it seemed to fit best, even though I don't exactly feel "awful" about it...more like "melancholy".

Also I wouldn't say the one year anniversary of VMK's closing mean it is completely gone forever. Since the materials are still available, the game could very well be reopened to celebrate another milestone celebration for one of the parks. Disney loves using tools they already have access to in order to gain more profit of its consumers. So while it has been a long time since VMK's closing, I seriously wouldn't be surprised if we see it open again for a limited time years from now.

This was another well said post.

I am glad to hear all of your opinions about VMK's 1 Year of Closure. There is still quite a few more days left on this Poll/Survey - so feel free to post more of your thoughts on VMK.

~Earth
Old 02-09-2009, 12:30 AM
♥Sonny With A Chance!♥
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 2010 Which Disney Character Winner Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 
Total Awards: 9

My Mood: Sick
PurpleCrazyLava has turned into a sparkling Pirate!PurpleCrazyLava has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
I hope they re-open VMK as a birthday surprise!!!

I chose I feel good- it's been easy.
Old 02-09-2009, 12:42 AM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Your Favorite Attraction Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

Born In Park Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Devilish
Extras is as Frosty as a Snowman
I'm beginning to give up on video games in all, so this doesn't really disturb me, because the game was a major waste of my time that I could have spent with my family and friends in the real world.
Old 02-09-2009, 01:46 AM
Mars the Fandox
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant Gumshoe Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 6

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: Fluffy
la4gator is spinning in a Cursed Storm
i feel just fine
Old 02-09-2009, 02:03 AM
.:808s And Hearbreak:.

My Mood: Awkward
Samyz is spinning in a Cursed Storm
For some reason, I voted all the choices cause I felt bummed that the game closed, yet relived cause I was this close to being addicted. I took some time off the game to find out it's gone. Now, I don't know how I feel today. Happy or depressed. O.O;

~Samyz
Old 02-09-2009, 04:58 AM
Trader
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 
Total Awards: 18

Born In Park Clan Leader VIP
My Mood: SaveVMK
themist is spinning in a Cursed Storm
There where time you just needed a place to go ..