Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Site Content > News Articles > News Archive

News Archive no posting

Old Privacy, Warnings and Scams

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 08-10-2007, 09:03 PM
Mars the Fandox
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant Gumshoe Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 6

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: Fluffy
la4gator is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by awsomered View Post
never 'loan' your items or let others 'try them on' they'll not give it back..
thats my point!
Old 08-17-2007, 12:37 AM
<--- infamousmangomint

infamousmangomint is spinning in a Cursed Storm
When my best friend gave me a bunch of beta and rare items when i first joined i wanted cowboy pants so bad and when i offered a sea green cactus chair they said i needed a better offer then i put up a pink slipper and then I ended up losing two extremly(sp?) rare items to a pair of pants that are sold every year!!!!
Old 08-17-2007, 02:46 AM
Mars the Fandox
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant Gumshoe Award Joy To The World 

Born In Park VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiancaOrange View Post
When my best friend gave me a bunch of beta and rare items when i first joined i wanted cowboy pants so bad and when i offered a sea green cactus chair they said i needed a better offer then i put up a pink slipper and then I ended up losing two extremly(sp?) rare items to a pair of pants that are sold every year!!!!
yuck...alot of new player get cheated like that Xl
Old 08-17-2007, 01:35 PM
Comic_Pirate in vmk

PepsiOwns is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I can't read that small text... >_<
Old 08-17-2007, 01:38 PM
scene kid?hah
Awards Showcase
Your Favorite Attraction Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant Graphics Trio Participant Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: Dreamy
Mizz.V is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Some guy scammed my friends once she clicked accept and he did too. she kept on pressing ok ok ok and then he took out his stuff and accept some how and he left the room!
Old 08-17-2007, 02:06 PM
Mars the Fandox
Awards Showcase

Born In Park VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizz.V View Post
Some guy scammed my friends once she clicked accept and he did too. she kept on pressing ok ok ok and then he took out his stuff and accept some how and he left the room!
thats odd ive never heard of that before
Old 08-17-2007, 04:13 PM
Off to Candy Land!

xxlilgoddessx is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Lightbulb

a lot of ppl who start games of cute or boot give ppl three options. pay watch or boot. is it scamming to stay in the current game by paying?
Old 08-18-2007, 12:45 PM
ImJustBeeNme
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Signature Donation Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: Pensive
bee2u is covered with Confettibee2u is covered with Confettibee2u is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxlilgoddessx View Post
a lot of ppl who start games of cute or boot give ppl three options. pay watch or boot. is it scamming to stay in the current game by paying?
It is now against the values to make people pay for anything, so if a person is offering pay, watch, or boot, they will be banned because pay is not allowed.
Old 08-18-2007, 07:40 PM
Mars the Fandox
Awards Showcase

Born In Park VIP
yeah im glad about the not being aloud to pay
Old 01-05-2008, 02:52 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: Amuzed
spacerightsummer is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Post bragging rights?

well just the other day i was at the small world imports and i observed two characters literally in public bragging about how they scammed some people of their stuff. the gall!! If the logs are ever read on these characters they will be easily banned. I made sure they knew that if they got caught they would be reported. As far as trade is concerned i do not trade with anyone but my closest vmk friends. when you have established a good trust relationship with anyone on vmk it just makes sense. keep it safe all.
Old 01-16-2008, 02:09 PM
Ummm...
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

victoriag is spinning in a Cursed Storm
OMG! i agree with just about all of this.

This is my little sister's account but i do all her trading etc.. for her bc for the same reason i don't want her to be scammed bc she is young and therefor very trusting of other people.

On Saturday I was watching TV and letting her play, she met a new friend, and was playing with her on VMK in the other girl's room. The Other Girl said " We are playing Slumber Party, and I'm The Queen bc it's my room, and only the Queen can wear Gold. " " So Can I Wear Your Gold Dress? " She was smart enough to say no a few times, but after being badgered by the girl, she finally gave in, and let her borrow her dress.

At that point i go in there to check on her to see what she's doing etc... and she's sad bc the girl won't give her the dress back! I have told her time and time again not to let ppl borrow your stuff! ESPECIALLY your rare stuff!

I of course knew she would never see the dress again, but i continue to try to get it back. I click on the girls name so i can report her. I told her she needs to give the dress back now or i'm going to report her. at that point i already had reported her, so i got her into a trade and said give the dress back now! She then booted me from her room, and deleted me from her list

Bye Bye Gold Dress and it was one of her favorites!

This time she learned her lesson! I Guarantee she will never do that again!

Also here's another story!

One of her really really good friends wanted to borrow her Inferno so they could take a picture with it, and give it right back. I was so apprehensive about this and warned her not to do it! She didn't seem to mind, so i told her OK if your going to do this, you need to get items that are worth your inferno from him as a trade just incase he is a scammer. Luckily the guy did not scam her, but if he would have she would have had gold black and dream ears.

I just dont understand scammers, and how they can live with themselves for Scamming innocent Children who know nothing other than to trust.
It just makes no sense!
Old 02-21-2008, 11:36 PM
Avvie by CuteTabithia!
Awards Showcase
Caption Contest Participant 
Total Awards: 1

Emerald.Star is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Scamming happens everyday. o_o

TIP: If you ever get scammed, DON'T USE CALL FOR HELP!! Use contact us!! If you report the scammer using Call For Help, they'll tell you to not abuse the call for help button. If you use contact us, they'll do something about it.
Old 03-08-2008, 06:53 AM
Registered+

Ladidalady10 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
There have been many sites that attempt to try and take your info away but im sure we all read the VMK Vaules and know better than to give it away but sadly to others there info Has been taken we all must watch out for these type of websites where they say " give us your user and password and we will give you really super rare! " Please be on the look out VMK fellows and have a great day
~Find me on my VMK im AceStitchGirl
Old 03-08-2008, 08:14 AM
Starbucks = LOVE!
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: Snow!
ParamoreGal is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Thanks for the warning. I see to many people saying: " Oh he promised me 10000 credits but he just stole my stitch hat "