Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > Disneys Online Worlds Guide (wiki)

Disneys Online Worlds Guide (wiki) This is the area to talk about the wiki, there is also a forum at toontowncentral.com for the wiki for those who are interested. http://www.disneysonlineworlds.com/

Old HELP! Animations needed for the Wiki!

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 05-15-2008, 03:16 AM
Bizzlebits Haha
Awards Showcase
Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Patriot 2010 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award 2010 
Total Awards: 26

Here Since Day 1
My Mood: VMK
Baconbits is floating through Inner Space
Id help but I dont know how to make a gif or picture like that with out a screen recorder: which I do not have.
Old 05-15-2008, 04:50 AM
Let's Motor
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award 
Total Awards: 20

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: Insomnious
UpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their head
Wow WDWTigger72! Those are some lovely animations! Thank you so much.

And thank you everyone else who has been trying to help.

Any others that you can do would be wonderful...updating list (and adding some such as Royal Leaping Fountains )

These are going to look great on the wiki.
Old 05-15-2008, 09:06 PM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner Caption Contest Participant Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: Annoyed
Stemaboat_Tyler is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quich Question : How do I get a picture from My Pictures ( In My Documents ) Onto A Post?
Old 05-15-2008, 09:30 PM
Keep VMK Alive!!!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 5

Clan Leader VIP
My Mood: SaveVMK
HaveAMagicalDay is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemaboat_Tyler View Post
Quich Question : How do I get a picture from My Pictures ( In My Documents ) Onto A Post?
You need to upload them. To do this, you need to use one of the approved hosting sites, which the list is located here.

Hope that helps ,
~HAMD

Old 05-15-2008, 10:31 PM
[JakeTheSnake]

My Mood: Sad
Articlion is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I'll get to work on some can you post a detailed list of what you need?
Old 05-15-2008, 11:15 PM
Doodoodoodoo
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

2starTagregory is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Up, in a minute if you can come to a room by Whispered I can get you some (Or any VMKF friend)
Old 05-16-2008, 07:44 AM
Let's Motor
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award 
Total Awards: 20

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: Insomnious
UpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their head
2starTagregory, my time on VMK has been pretty busy/restircted lately so I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it to your room. I actually have most of the items that animate, it's just a matter of finding somebody who is skilled in making the animations.

I know a couple of editors, myself included are working through these and I appologize for not being able to come up with a more detailed list. Right now I can only say to grab it, or ask if it's been/being done. We may find ourselves with some duplicates later, but always beter safe than sorry.

If animations aren't your strong point, don't worry about this, I think we have a good amount covered. There are lots of things to be done in the other threads
Old 05-16-2008, 07:19 PM
♥ Virtually Popular ♥

UrsulasSidekick is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Ok....Im using the camstudio 2.5 Tigger suggested, can anyone tell me how to make it loop or convert then into gif's?

Last edited by UrsulasSidekick; 05-17-2008 at 01:10 AM.. Reason: A new question
Old 05-17-2008, 03:22 PM
July 17, 2006May 21, 2008
Awards Showcase
Guess the Picture Winner's Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

Tokrok is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrsulasSidekick View Post
Ok....Im using the camstudio 2.5 Tigger suggested, can anyone tell me how to make it loop or convert then into gif's?
I'm doing the same thing and having the same problems.

I currently have videos of ALR Butterfly Mushroom, ALR Flower Yellow, ALR Red Roses Tree, Levitation Magic, Lighting Magic, Shark Magic, Snowman Magic, Tower of Terror Elevator Teleporter, and Waterslide Ride Teleporter, but they are all .avi. Just wanted to let you know do we don't have people wasting their time doing ones that other people have already done.

I have pics of Scoreboard GOLD EDITION going through all of the light ups, 0 lights, 1 light, 2 lights, 3 lights, 4 lights, and 5 lights. I''ll post them soon. I also have the same for the green one but they aren't all the same size so I will edit them soon.

I also have one sound, the map sound. should I upload it?

Old 05-17-2008, 05:02 PM
Walt Disney World
Awards Showcase
VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day 
Total Awards: 1

WDWTigger72 is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrsulasSidekick
Sent you a personal message regarding creating animated gifs...I actually use a more professional product called "Macromedia Dreamweaver MX 2004 Suite, which is pretty expensive. There is a specific product called Macromedia Fireworks that allows me to create animated gifs, but its a pretty slow process sometimes so I worry more about capturing the video (avi) first, and worry about the animated gifs later. Adobe (Macromedia) has an updated product called "Adobe Creative Suite 3 Web Editions (Web Standard)" but its a $999 product so a little expensive for the casual user. I recommend performing a search for "Converting AVI to Animated GIF" on CNET, and you could find some possible freeware or cheaper products for this. I just like the complexity that Fireworks allows you to do...You can always purchase Adobe Fireworks CS3 for a bargain price of $299

P.S. CNET usually verified that their downloads are free from adware, a big plus that is why I recommend that site, plus it will tell you in the download page whether it has been checked or not checked for adware...
Old 05-17-2008, 07:05 PM
♥ Virtually Popular ♥

UrsulasSidekick is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Yeah, thats a bummer, I can't afford the expensive one but I have like 12 or 13 avi's that are ready to go. I just don't know how to turn them into gif's.
Old 05-18-2008, 02:56 PM
July 17, 2006May 21, 2008
Awards Showcase
Guess the Picture Winner's Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

Tokrok is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrsulasSidekick View Post
Yeah, thats a bummer, I can't afford the expensive one but I have like 12 or 13 avi's that are ready to go. I just don't know how to turn them into gif's.
I found a free trial from cnet but I han't tried it yet

I have .avi of levitation magic, lightning magic, royal fountains, sharck magic, snowman magic, stitch magic, Tower of Terror Elevator Teleporter, waterslide ride teleporter, teleportation magic, Coffin Teleporter

Last edited by Tokrok; 05-18-2008 at 03:36 PM..
Old 05-18-2008, 03:00 PM
VMK_Lion's #1 Fan!
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Halloween'11 Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 50

My Mood: Happy
MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Remember, if you are unable to get animations, try helping with one of the many other threads!
Old 05-19-2008, 01:56 AM
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Patriot 2010 Award Guess the Picture Participation Award Trivia Winner Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Valentine's Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 27

Matterz has disabled reputation
I've made a few animations from vmk..
But, I can't find any site able to bring up the 'avi' files.

It's an animation, not a picture.
Anyone have suggestions where to go?
Old 06-30-2008, 01:58 AM
Too lazy to post
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Crossword Puzzle Participant's Award Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Your Favorite Attraction Award Happy Valentine's Day 
Total Awards: 24

My Mood: Busy
Pisces has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Pisces has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
^If you still have the animations and can't find something that will convert them to .gif, I would consider trying get screen shots of each frame, if possible, and making those into an animation you save as .gif
(If you don't know how to make .gif animations, ask someone who has made animations, like people who own signature/avi shops)

Also: Don't forget that there are approved hosting sites that host videos, the list is available here, sites with a thumbs up next to them host videos

Last edited by Pisces; 06-30-2008 at 03:05 AM..