Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > Project: SAVE VMK!

Project: SAVE VMK! General Discussion about VMK closing!

Old A Response from WDIG (Walt Disney Internet Group)

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 04-10-2008, 11:24 PM
VMK name- RealWildCompany
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

wdmountie is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyYeti View Post
Because it's a decision that's already been made.
yes but nothing is ever set into stone unless we accept it. as long as people keep trying to persuade Disney to keep VMK open, there is still a chance. and when tv shows are cancelled, people revoke, but most of the time they end up back on the air. maybe not on the original station but they do show up if enough people protest a decision made by only a couple of suit in an office. i say keep it up guys. you are making a difference.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:27 PM
If the boot fits..

TheRealPumpkinQueen is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamytime View Post
> Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 1437 -0700
> To: *********@hotmail.com
> Subject: Re: WDIG Guest Mail
> From: [email protected]
>
> Thank you for contacting The Walt Disney Company and VMK.
>
> We have received an outpouring of feedback regarding our decision to
> close VMK. We are overwhelmed by the responses and enthusiasm of our
> guests, but unfortunately our decision to eventually close VMK is set.
> We have explored many different options, including a pay to play model
> but have decided to focus more of our time on our new virtual worlds
> coming soon, which we are sure that you will love as much as VMK.
>
> Deciding to close VMK was a very difficult decision for us because we
> loved creating VMK just as much as you loved playing it. But in a
> company that encourages innovation and creativity we have decided to
> "keep moving forward" and exploring where the future takes as, because
> in the words of Walt Disney, "We keep moving forward, opening new doors,
> and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading
> us down new paths."
>
> Thank you for being part of this journey with us, and we hope we
> continue to see you at Disney.com enjoying what we imagine next!
>
> Sincerely,
>
>
> Your friends at VMK
I got the same letter. ( - cries )
Old 04-10-2008, 11:29 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Caption Contest Participant's Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Spooky Scribe Award Golden Years Award Mod Match Winners Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: Pixieish
princesstinkgirl is spinning in a Cursed Storm
In my letter to them I quoted Walt Disney. They need to remember that he also said "I love the nostalgic myself, I hope we never lose some of the things of the past." Main Street USA was based on his childhood town. Clearly, Walt Disney respected the emotional ties people develop to places, it's a shame that the people running his company today do not appreciate these ties.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:29 PM
Unleash the Magic!

DisneyWhiz is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
our new virtual worlds
coming soon, which we are sure that you will love as much as VMK.
Yea right..
Old 04-10-2008, 11:32 PM
Trader

JustOh is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipper View Post
Guys, ur all fighting for an empty cause, its a simple and true fact, I love VMK with all my heart, but I cannot fight for an empty cause,
We understand your opinion and your point of view, but if we dont try, there would be vmk, if we do try, they will consider bringing it back. Even if they do close it and they're other games fail like we all think they will, they can bring it back knowing people will come.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:35 PM
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

i just sent my letter to all the people again in response to that email.

Just reply to this letter with you letters again and resend it to everyone on your lists. Don't accept this from them.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:35 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Caption Contest Participant's Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Spooky Scribe Award Golden Years Award Mod Match Winners Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: Pixieish
princesstinkgirl is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I got the same response.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:38 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day VMK Memories Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 4

Here Since Day 1 VIP
madamecat is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Just received that same letter from 2 different Disney Depts. What a crock of..................I wrote them back and told them so and that we, the players, are NOT giving up this fight.
PS: Read it closely, typos in that stock canned response. Does no one proof read at Disney?
Old 04-10-2008, 11:43 PM
Extraordinary
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Guess the Picture Winner's Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Spooky Scribe Award Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award 
Total Awards: 9

My Mood: Lonely
Shartruse is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipper View Post
Wow.. I am crying, U all are still trying .. U all are thinking that this is not what Walt would want, I'm sorry, U all are doing what walt did NOT want, rebelling?? this isn't Bacon's Rebellion guys, please dont make it that way, Walt always said to move Forward.. u guys are doing the opposite, Yes there are MANY causes worth fighting.. but u all are fighting for the wrong cause, instead u all should be looking to the future.. obviously u aren't.. and by the way, when a TV show gets discontinued, this ussually happens, and its ussually way bigger, but guess what, It does NOTHING, I'm sorry guys, but u all are not building Walt's dream, ur really just building ur own..
We can do what we want. Trying to discourage us won't make a difference. It's rude how you are acting like our opinions don't matter. Maybe there's a problem with life for some of us that only vmk can solve.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:46 PM
don't turn away__Xx

BestDana is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Ok, really, props to you all for doing everything you can to keep VMK open. There's nothing wrong with sending Disney letters and speaking up for what you believe is the right path to take.

However, I really am beginning to get worried when people start talking of boycotting Disney and its movies, and contacting news stations in order to get bad publicity for Disney. I mean, that's just going a bit too far. I understand that we all made great friends through VMK and we all have some amazing memories, but don't take it all out on Disney who allowed us to play this game in the first place, and for no charge at all. The last thing we should be doing is attempting to get Disney all the bad publicity possible. It's not what Walt Disney would have wanted, nor is it making us look like respectable, dedicated, kind players who just want one of their favorite games to stay open.

I'm all for the letters and emails, but there's a fine line between peacefully protesting a game's closing, and a full out vindicative rebellion.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:53 PM
Magical Happy Exploshun!
Awards Showcase
Guess the Picture Winner's Award 

VIP
TripleM is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Next time I go to WDW, I am going to tape a sign that reads "Bring Back VMK!"right onto the enterance sign to former VMK central, and I will protect it from being taken down, and I will get people to chantBring back VMK, and I don't care if i am arrested, becauseman, am I ANGRY!
Old 04-10-2008, 11:54 PM
woot woot :)

papersouls is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I just received the same letter as well.. the entire thing just does not make any sense to me, and really puts a damper on my Disney relationship.. i've always been a huge disney fan, and heck i still will be after all is said and done, but it really does make me sad to see it go.. i just wish they would give us the real reason, and not this *promotion* garbage they keep speaking of.. how many promotions do you know of that they would go out and make multiple pin sets (space mt, tiki, pirates, older pirates, etc..) to sell in the parks, for a world they were only going to close down? almost 3 years later no less.. its sad enough the world is a money hungry place, and anyone of us that had been to any o f the parks know Disney is after the cash too, but this is just plain silly..

all i know is, next time i walk past the disney store and want to take a look around, i'll keep walking and use my money for something else.. same goes for their online store.. and i'll never pay for a game online.. next time i go to the park (cant give that up!) i'll think twice about adding that pin to my collection.. if disney cant give us this little thing (and really now, we dont have THAT many members that they cant keep this open) why should i continue to be a *valued customer*? i almost wish i had an order placed that i could cancel, just to have them mark down *because you're closing VMK* as the reason for the cancelation..

its still too early for me to say my goodbyes, so hopefully no one is running out the door just yet.. we have one month left (and hopefully they do not turn around like they have been lately, and give us news of an early closing) so lets just enjoy it and look back on all the fun we had.. i would love to see it stay open, but i truly believe its pointless as they have their minds made up.. its nothing to them but a game, and they are only seeing green.. either way, lets show them how much we really do love the place by sticking in there till the end.. i have one last quest up my sleeve, i just hope people will play it..
Old 04-10-2008, 11:56 PM
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleM View Post
Next time I go to WDW, I am going to tape a sign that reads "Bring Back VMK!"right onto the enterance sign to former VMK central, and I will protect it from being taken down, and I will get people to chantBring back VMK, and I don't care if i am arrested, becauseman, am I ANGRY!
I would just tape the sign to the back of your shirt all day. I don't think they would throw you out of the park for that. I don't want you to actually be banned from every coming back to the park again. Once you are arrested you will typically be banned from the park and will need permission to come back on property. I don't think you would want that.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:59 PM
Thanks To Friends
Awards Showcase
Super Donation Award Happy Valentine's Day VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Winner's Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Super Donation Award Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 8

Born In Park VIP
mrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Quote:
Originally Posted by BestDana View Post
Ok, really, props to you all for doing everything you can to keep VMK open. There's nothing wrong with sending Disney letters and speaking up for what you believe is the right path to take.

However, I really am beginning to get worried when people start talking of boycotting Disney and its movies, and contacting news stations in order to get bad publicity for Disney. I mean, that's just going a bit too far. I understand that we all made great friends through VMK and we all have some amazing memories, but don't take it all out on Disney who allowed us to play this game in the first place, and for no charge at all. The last thing we should be doing is attempting to get Disney all the bad publicity possible. It's not what Walt Disney would have wanted, nor is it making us look like respectable, dedicated, kind players who just want one of their favorite games to stay open.

I'm all for the letters and emails, but there's a fine line between peacefully protesting a game's closing, and a full out vindicative rebellion.
This is exactly the steps to take to get heard. They see most of us as kids and pay little attention to our desires to continue the game. Sometimes we need to speak up in any way that gets notice.
At least with a response being sent out they are getting our message. The response is an attempt to quiet us down - offer no hope.
If anything the response should get everyone's efforts doubled! We have been noticed so let's keep it up!
The only thing that can happen wrong is they will continue with the present direction of closing VMK.

And I think Walt would be impressed by the support and love we have shown for our little Disney world!
Old 04-11-2008, 12:01 AM
*WhenYouWishUponAStar*
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Graphics Trio Participant Award Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 6

My Mood: Contented
funny_ryry is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I incourage all of you to keep fighting for VMK but, I just have to say that his letter was nicely put.

People please don't get carried away!