Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > VMK Gaming Archived Forums > VMK Players Discussion

VMK Players Discussion General VMK Gaming Discussions which doesn't fit anywhere else.

Old VMK before and Today

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 03-24-2008, 12:55 AM
Trader
Awards Showcase
Guess the Picture Winner's Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: VMK
punkpat is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Now they actually in pirates give u money for sinking ships. Also they have released some beta. This might be bad but it isn't bc very few ppl had it. Also it seems they release new things almost every week. I remember like jamie that ver few ppl even get into host rooms. I remember during the first week of official release u got a lag monster every 30 minutes. Now look u can got for hours without crashing.
Old 03-24-2008, 01:14 AM
I'm cool...
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Patriot 2009 Award Mod Match Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Trivia Winner 
Total Awards: 6

Born In Park Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: VMK
Aggie is floating through Inner Space
I miss having Community Leaders
Old 03-24-2008, 01:28 AM
Official Disney Princess!
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 3

Born In Park
My Mood: Disney
DisneyDesi is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I remember When I first started as A guest in 2006 I lot 250 credits for the Main Street Pin was Alot but now I have like 10,000 And I dont even play pirates alot. Dont cut VMK down just because your not having enough fun!
Old 03-24-2008, 02:51 PM
I Am ShadowJr In VMK!!!
Awards Showcase
Spooky Scribe Award Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Participant Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Winner's Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Winners Award 
Total Awards: 11

My Mood: Blah
sonic99979 is as Frosty as a Snowman
YEA I agree... Snowman magic used to be 2k! But I was WAYYYY to poor cause of slow computer so I dont have any halloween stuff from the first...!

and All the hats were 500 credits! I remember when I visited this site... I saw Sorcerer Ears, and I'm like... I WANT THEM!!! But they were Out of stores but then they changed the price and brang it back!

And the old fireworks game gave ALOT of credits! And potc was way more funner back then... It was so bright and nice and you couldnt get stuck that easy... AND There was Moonlight magic that you could do on level 3... and there was Invisibility when you beat level 3... OH AND you got like 600 credits bonuses when you beat a level (Win the level 10 times)

OH OH and when the staff listened to everyones questions... and answered whats coming out soon.. AND WE COULD SAY COMING...

Except I didn't like the part where... I was the only player with out any herbie on halloween... AND... On mainstreet the queues could get long for the halloween thingy and I was 549 in line! then I crashed and then I gave up getting in... BUT IF I GOT IN... I bet Players would give me FREE Halloween stuff LOL
Old 03-24-2008, 03:40 PM
aka Priz
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic99979 View Post
And the old fireworks game gave ALOT of credits!
But only if you could get to the final level. Otherwise it gave you nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic99979 View Post
OH OH and when the staff listened to everyones questions... and answered whats coming out soon..
You must be remembering different staff than I am.

I remember Yavn showing off magic, but never saying when it was to be released. (Or saying when... and still not seeing it 2 years later.)

I remember staff being in public rooms, and us reporting bugs, and the staff admitting they had no idea when, or if, they would be fixed. If they answered you at all, that was.

You are now leaving Prizkneeland, home of
please fasten your reality belts

preserving VMK for a future that will understand it.

Power to the Players!
Old 03-24-2008, 03:51 PM
WHAT THE MILEY CYRUS?!?!
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: Happy
monkeyfunkychunky is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Yes. The old VMK wasn't perfect either.
Old 03-24-2008, 04:07 PM
Year of a Million Dreams
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: Wishful
TheDisneyFan is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLKnCookies View Post
I think the main things I miss are the old fireworks game w/ fireworks magic and the Spell Room/Discovery Island, where you can feel special using magic for a short amount of time even if you didn't own it.
I loved Discovery Island and the Spell room, when were they taken out, because I can't really remember. I was so glad I could use magic that I didn't even own, like Inferno in the Spell Room and the Flying Carpet magic too. I miss them..

~DisneyFan
Old 03-24-2008, 04:52 PM
♥Sonny With A Chance!♥
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 2010 Which Disney Character Winner Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 
Total Awards: 9

My Mood: Sick
PurpleCrazyLava has turned into a sparkling Pirate!PurpleCrazyLava has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
I agree with the money. I mean 30K for a quest kiosk? Hmm let me think, NOt RIGHT! Little kids play these games how in the world are they supposed to get that much? Quote this in reply if you agrre with me!
Old 03-24-2008, 04:58 PM
Trader

cedog12 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
this thread has it's positive and negative post

there ar emore chances to get credits and more of them so jsut like in the real world when u can earn more prices go upo so it makes sense to me
Old 03-24-2008, 05:34 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

Accountant has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleCrazyLava View Post
I agree with the money. I mean 30K for a quest kiosk? Hmm let me think, NOt RIGHT! Little kids play these games how in the world are they supposed to get that much? Quote this in reply if you agrre with me!
Two times now the Kiosk went on sale for 15,000 credits. Its still a lot. But if you cant earn enough for a Kiosk how can you possibly make a quest or find creative ways to get prizes for it? Kiosks were not meant for trading credits if thats the purpose you want it for. Some things are difficult to get and it makes you appreciate it more once you "earn" it. I suspect not many small kids play mini games or make quests. And school age kids can click NPC every day, Make music every hour and learn to play mini games with practice until they earn enough credits. Even Mansion allows the loser to win a fair amount of credits once you get a little practice in.

At least this time VMK made it way more fair and left it for sale many many months. The first time it came out it was not for sale very long and many people who were trying to save up enough had a little tougher time getting it (Although it went half price right before it left the stores the first time)

I want to tell you about one of the first Games friends of mine created in VMK. This was back in late summer or early fall 2005. We made a maze game that went many rooms. Credits were tough to earn and we all pitched in to purchase loads and loads of coffin teleporters and crates to make this game. It was very popular with long lines too when we ran it. Back to the credits. One of my friends and I were no good at fireworks so we did our part by crashing boats in Jungle Cruise. We would do this every day for a certian amount of time and make enough credits to buy/donate to the game 10 crates or a couple sets of teleporters. We did it 20 credits at a time!! That maze cost probably 200,000 credits to make back when things were much cheaper. It was worth it to us to make the game better for more people so we found a creative way to earn credits.

Keep trying to earn that 30,000 credits and watch just in case it goes on sale half price again!! (By the way last time it went Half price was presidents day and it was sold in Ned shop so no space suit required to buy it)

As much as I want cheaper stuff I know once I get things too easliy Ill get too bored to play or even try anymore. Thats how the site will dry up and go away if everyone gets bored.
Old 03-29-2008, 05:22 AM
Registered+

SleepyGirlPrincess is spinning in a Cursed Storm
i think these times are better but if i could go back to the old times i would want to c my old friends that quit the most and maybe spending more time in the rooms that arent there no more like the spell room and the monorail.
Old 04-05-2008, 01:24 PM
o ɹ1ʎ¿
Awards Showcase
VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 7

Born In Park Here Since Day 1
My Mood: Approved
.:Blue:. has turned into a sparkling Pirate!.:Blue:. has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Oh, wow, all of it? Muahahaha, no really, I loved the old VMK. Now it's just, I don't know, too different for my liking. Once, I almost left because it didn't seem right at all. It still doesn't, but we have to remember, it's still the totally awesome VMK!.. even though it's not as awesome as it used to be.

-Blue
Old 04-05-2008, 01:31 PM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner Caption Contest Participant Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: Annoyed
Stemaboat_Tyler is as Frosty as a Snowman
I like the old VMK because it didn't take 15 minutes for my clothes to load

Last edited by Stemaboat_Tyler; 04-05-2008 at 01:32 PM.. Reason: Grammer (sp?)
Old 04-05-2008, 03:30 PM
Find me more on VMK magic

Katiebcat ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
in 2005:
the DC monster came more often

today:
DC monster really only comes if you have not played vmk for 10 minutes or if your internet goes down for a second.

I have been playing vmk since it just came out of beta (about July - to september i started.)
Old 04-05-2008, 03:31 PM
Registered+

Lost_Yet_Found is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiewe View Post
wait half the people commenting here have not even been playing that long and they are just guessing and dont know what they are talking about back in the old days it was worse there were more bugs and glitches also whenever you tried to get into a host room you got disconnted in the middle of the line i remember one time i was in this host room in june 2006 pirates month i went into one of lily's game when she was quite new where you had to climb up these captain nemo chairs and light the firewall and come back down first everytime i got in the room and it was my turn to get up i was keep getting disconntected infact i had to try 5 times then the room closed and i could not play the game.

and for the prices well they have not even changed it just seems alot because the magic costs alot if you ask me they were never even much the most a item could get was 1000 and it's still is like that (with a few exceptions some are over 1000) but it has always been like that the most something has cost was a Quest Kiosk which was about 30,000 i believe when it first came out and the prices have never changed @_@.

and what i notice now in vmk is much much much better than before i dont give a rats hat if people disagree with me but trust me it is way better there are more possibilities now for example it's more possibe to do a room that could have never been done before because of added features and new items.

Also their will always be scammers and isn't a good thing that people are getting banned? it makes VMK a safer place so what you are saying is you dont want people to get banned? and their will always be scammers you just have to be smart why in the world would you get scammed if your not careful??? and i admit it i have commited a few offences against the VMK Values and i have only ever got a few warnings and i have never been banned, I have also never noticed an increase in bans. VMK is a bigger community now with over 7500000 players (seriously the guest numbers are the number of players) and some of those are mules and some dont play anymore so proberly abot 5000000 people play VMK it could even possibly be higher who knows.

I rest my case

Enough Said..............
At first even if they weren't there they still have the right to comment and have an opinion. Secondly yes the disconnecting was bad for host rooms but i still find it just as bad and eventually i either missed the opening or disconnected at places like 10 or 7 when their were no vmk passes and waiting for hours doing nothing and just giving up and now i still dc lots in host room queues.. Thirdly yes some prices are high but thats what make them rare. If vmk sold magic for 100 credits everyone would have it and people wouldnt of earned it and it wouldnt be rare, (Also quest kiosk was sold for 15k for 1 day not so long ago i believe presidents day?) and its a task working for the items you want and you feel good after all that hard work you can buy it. And yes there are many new items and possibilities even if some arent all that good. But vmk is bringing alot more to the game. Nearly lastly i would like to say that the number of accounts is probably nowhere near that high 7.5 Million accounts with 5 million playing? I would laugh if their were more than 100 thousand accounts with 50 thousand playing maximum but yes the nore accounts the more the server is clogged up and their will always be people scamming as they want the items or riches and feel they cant be bothered to work for it and want the easy way out.

In many sences vmk has changed and yes not all are for the best but after all the bad happening i just look a little more possitively at vmk met up with friends ect and vmk became a much better place So just try a litte harder and vmk can be like the good ol' days (Well nearly)