Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Other > Computer Technical Support > Fixed

Fixed Computer Technical Support archive

Old [*] The Official Virus Help Thread [*]

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 01-18-2009, 04:44 AM
♥Girlicious♥
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: Musical
Yazsmin is as Frosty as a Snowman
[*] The Official Virus Help Thread [*]

Welcome to the Official Virus Help Thread! If you have a virus on your computer, or you get a message saying you are at risk for one, post here for help! I recently incountered a risk message, myself. So I can feel your pain. All you need to post is the virus name if you can and/or the effects it has on your computer. We will do research and use our knowledge to give you support on your issue. Just to let you know, occasionally it isn't REALLY a virus, it's just saying you have one to trick you into buying phony software. So DO NOT automatically freak out like I did... And remember, if you have a healthy computer, BACK IT UP! Or if a virus kills it, you won't save any music or pictures on it. If it says it's a trojan or worm, DEFINITELY consult an adult. AND us. My father, mother, and stepdad know a LOT about computers. So don't be afraid to ask me to get their opinion. Also, McAfee and Norton are the EASIEST anti-virus programs for hackers to crack. EVERYONE uses them pretty much and the software of both has been around for ages. I am only using McAfee now because it's free through my cable company. And, it's temporary until my dad hooks me up with a new free one that works better. If you had to choose between Norton/McAfee or no anti-virus, pick Norton/McAfee. ALWAYS HAVE YOUR FIREWALL UP! Unless you HAVE to. Then, consult an adult. So, post away if you must.

Do NOT feel alone computer user, we all get viruses once in a while in our lives. Computers are like people, they get sick too.

Signature and Avatar made by me.
Old 02-04-2009, 03:52 PM
Great Times, Great People
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

Born In Park Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: SaveVMK
Manchester United is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I say consult your virus guard.. not you
Old 02-04-2009, 04:02 PM
Ranter
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Your Favorite Attraction Award Guess the Picture Participation Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Golden Years Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day 
Total Awards: 14

My Mood: Excited
jedry is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manchester United View Post
I say consult your virus guard.. not you
I actually think this thread will be usefull for people that have problems with their computers however I agree that people should not consult you.