Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > VMK Remembered

VMK Remembered Post your experiences you've had in game!

Old myths and rumors

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 09-22-2011, 01:58 AM
Aug 2005-May 21, 2008
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Halloween'11 Award EKB Day Award Make A Wish Award Happy Valentine's Day 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Patriot 2010 Award 
Total Awards: 13

My Mood: Fluffy
Miketic is floating through Inner Space
What would VMK be like today?

Just checking around here as usual with nothing much new, I thought I might as well put some chatter around here.

If VMK never had closed three years and four months ago, what could've it look like now? I still find it sad going through here and other forums of VMK with less and less people that talk about VMK. So why keep talking about how much we miss it and think what it could've look like now if it was still open.

There so much plans and development in the game before the last few months it had, there was so much potential into this game and could had a more successful and fun future. So how would it look like?

A lot of everything! But really, a lot can be done in three years.
  • A whole new character design, where it would be interactive with more features and options you can do to customize your character.
  • Clothing that are based on real life Disney outfits. Also based off Disney movies and attractions.
  • New themed lands (like Mickey's Toontown or possibly a whole new land)
  • Expansion on existing themed land (like how Fantasyland could expand with the current expansion at the Disney parks)
  • More NPC and interactions
  • Improved communications between players
  • Choose different dances and more options than just wave
  • New Pin sets based on attractions, movies, and Disney history
  • Loads of new Guest Rooms
  • At least four new Mini-Games
  • New In-Park Quests
  • An expansion on the Quest Kiosk locations in the parks
  • At least two new Ride systems
  • An expanded friends list
  • More emotes
  • A new set of Magic Pins
  • Probably a new Theme Park (like Epcot, Animal Kingdom, etc.)
  • Triple room space to allow more people in one room
  • A new group of Hosts
  • There should be dozens of new Community Leaders
  • A couple of new Testers
  • Running Ability
  • Expanded Dictionary
  • Able to repeat a word more than two times
  • Able to say numbers
  • Expanding the Pirates game (ex. 10 vs. 10 on pirates)
  • Expanding the "Jungle Cruise" game (ex. Co-op mode)
  • More music in the Music Mix Games
  • Monorail Game
  • Expanding the "Haunted Mansion" game (ex. 8 vs 8 and more levels)
  • Cinderella Castle as its own land (instead of being it the hub for guest rooms)
  • More tomorrowland games
  • Updates and improvement on the Tomorrowland Hub games (like Airlock Escape)
  • More stores in Main Street
  • An achievement system (like the Xbox 360's Achievements or the PS3's Trophy system)
  • Taking pictures with color
  • Free movie clips at the Sci-Fi Dine In
  • Expanding the VMK Gallery
  • An updated version of the VMK Intro
-I'll update more later on as I keep thinking of new ideas.

Well, thats the list of things that I think that could've happen, you can share your ideas as well on the comments below.

Old 09-23-2011, 04:12 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Xmas Wishlist '09 Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

VIP
My Mood: BadMood
garfieldboy is spinning in a Cursed Storm
dude that would of been sick!
Old 09-25-2011, 03:47 AM
WDW lover :)
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

My Mood: Disney
GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
It is an interesting question. What could have been?

Thinking about online games progressing reminds me of buildabearville. It opened in 2007 (at least, I'm pretty sure it's '07. . .I'm too lazy to look it up). Anyway, it opened as a very simple game. I liked it for a while, I got bored with it. About 6 months later, I logged on to find it had completely expanded. They had added more than two lands, they added a train so you could go to new areas, and they added lots, lots more. It was amazing. And it made me think, you know, if build a bear did all that in six months, I wonder what Disney could have done with VMK in 3 years?
Old 09-27-2011, 10:13 PM
Turtle talk with Crush!
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

black33 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I always wondered what VMK could be like if they had expanded it from just the Magic Kingdom to Virtual Walt Disney World. Wouldn't that have been awesome? The monorail could connect each park, and then there could be so many new NPC's, games, etc.

Also my favorite part of VMK was the themed months and host events. It would have been cool to see how creative the staff could have been with the months, games, and prizes.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:02 PM
I iz lazy.
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Spooky Scribe Award Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: Insomnious
Blossomflower is Buried in TreasureBlossomflower is Buried in TreasureBlossomflower is Buried in Treasure
this might sound a bit weird but if vmk were still open today, i wouldn't want them to do anything to it. I felt like it was already messed up by the time it closed... too many changes and stuff and it just didn't feel like the same old vmk that i joined...

though being able to repeat a word more than two times does sound lovely LOL

Old 12-24-2011, 04:58 AM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 
Total Awards: 6

Born In Park Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
phillitup is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Question what would you like vmk to be today?

I think VMK would have all the parks in the usa, and a 2 day cruise where you could go to castaway cay.