Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Site Content > Site Feedback > Site Feedback Archive

Site Feedback Archive Site Feedback Archive

Old Chatroom Conduct

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 08-15-2005, 10:15 PM
Cookies?

CBD is as Frosty as a Snowman
Chatroom Conduct

Moo.

Most of you probably don't know who the heck I am. I mostly do work at Nick's other site, and I'm the big bad ban person there, and in the chatroom..

As of late, I've been seeing some, erm, 'questionable' behavior on IRC. I realize that there are no specific rules for the following, so I'm just going to mention it here.

1. Impersonating Yavn or any other staff member will earn you an immediate, permanent ban from the chatroom, and some form of a reprecussion on the site. Unlike some of the other rules, this one is like breaking the G-rating, and there are no ifs ands or buts about it. In addition to being extremely rude and mean, I'm also extremely lazy, and I really have no desire to go running around after you in the chat room if you've already proven that you can't be mature.

2. Having CL_ before your name does NOT earn you special privledges. If anything, I'm going to be much harder on you if you come in with that name, and then break the rules. If you want to use it as a badge, go ahead, I can't stop you, but I will hold you to a higher level than other users, because I'm a jerk.

If you have any questions, my PM box is open. I may not get to any till tomorrow, but I will respond.
Old 08-15-2005, 10:52 PM
Addicted to toast
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Happy Holidays'09 Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Joy To The World Mega Donation Award 
Total Awards: 8

Teyla is floating through Inner Space
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBD
Moo.
2. Having CL_ before your name does NOT earn you special privledges. If anything, I'm going to be much harder on you if you come in with that name, and then break the rules. If you want to use it as a badge, go ahead, I can't stop you, but I will hold you to a higher level than other users, because I'm a jerk.
I don't think you're a jerk for doing this. If anything (no offense to CL_'s) if they want to be known as a CL_ in the chatroom they should be setting a good example, and when they break the rules... it's not a very good example. (this is just my opinion, sorry if I was being ride or mean or if I offended anyone in any way)

Thank you for posting these rules (or guidlines).
Old 08-15-2005, 10:58 PM
single-serving friend

MrGenie has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundMrGenie has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundMrGenie has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundMrGenie has turned into a Bat and is flying around
A lot of people ask about the "+v" in chat, so I thought I'd explain it here. When normal members enter the chat room, eventually a Moderator will set their status to "+v". This means they have been "voiced" (v=voice). Other Moderators receive a "+o", indicating that they are a channel op. Only channel ops can "+v" other members.

This really doesn't mean anything unless the room goes into moderation ("+m") mode. If someone is doing something against the rules in chat, typically a Moderator will put the room in "+m" mode and set the mode of the offending user(s) to "-v". When the room is in "+m" mode, only people with a "+v" can still chat; the users without a "+v" are automatically ignored so they cannot continue breaking rules. This gives the Moderators a chance to review the violations and determine what, if any, additional disciplinary action is warranted. If a Moderator sets the mode on you to "-v", you should take that as a warning to stop what you are doing. If you have a question about the rules, PM a Moderator.

There's probably a shorter way to explain this, but hey--I'm wordy!
Old 08-15-2005, 11:13 PM
Around...

Poseidon ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePoseidon ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePoseidon ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePoseidon ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePoseidon ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePoseidon ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Well, I came in with CL_Poseidon...Mainly for the fact that that's my name, LOL.
I only saw this thread AFTER I went in.
Old 08-15-2005, 11:14 PM
:o hi

TrixTwinklemuffin is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGenie
Only channel ops can "+v" other members.
People can also get voiced by registering on Gamesurge and using authentication..
Old 08-15-2005, 11:19 PM
Bah humbug!

Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Angelic
Becky ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoBecky ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoBecky ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoBecky ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoBecky ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoBecky ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Inferno
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrixTwinklemuffin
People can also get voiced by registering on Gamesurge and using authentication..
Actually, they can only do that if a channel op, or, from my perspective.. only KB and Nick can automatically set you to when you come in, get an automatic voice. I do believe also that that way is for Channel OPs, and when they log in, they're automatically given a +op.

--
Need some help? Check out my VMKF
Guide on this site or on the wiki!
Still in progress, but it will help you out!
Old 08-15-2005, 11:19 PM
Addicted to toast
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Happy Holidays'09 Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Joy To The World Mega Donation Award 
Total Awards: 8

Teyla is floating through Inner Space
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGenie
A lot of people ask about the "+v" in chat, so I thought I'd explain it here. When normal members enter the chat room, eventually a Moderator will set their status to "+v". This means they have been "voiced" (v=voice). Other Moderators receive a "+o", indicating that they are a channel op. Only channel ops can "+v" other members.

This really doesn't mean anything unless the room goes into moderation ("+m") mode. If someone is doing something against the rules in chat, typically a Moderator will put the room in "+m" mode and set the mode of the offending user(s) to "-v". When the room is in "+m" mode, only people with a "+v" can still chat; the users without a "+v" are automatically ignored so they cannot continue breaking rules. This gives the Moderators a chance to review the violations and determine what, if any, additional disciplinary action is warranted. If a Moderator sets the mode on you to "-v", you should take that as a warning to stop what you are doing. If you have a question about the rules, PM a Moderator.

There's probably a shorter way to explain this, but hey--I'm wordy!
THank you for posting this (even though I knew like 97% of what you said already because well you exolained it to me and many others before). Anyways thank you for the clarification.
Old 08-15-2005, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky
Actually, they can only do that if a channel op, or, from my perspective.. only KB and Nick can automatically set you to when you come in, get an automatic voice. I do believe also that that way is for Channel OPs, and when they log in, they're automatically given a +op.
No, not really. :P

There's a list of users who are registered with Gamesurge. Type !users in the room to see if they are.

Once you enter the chat, and log in (I have my log in automatic when I connect), it will give you voice or ops in whatever room. Only if you are on the users list with a specific amount of access.

100 ~ 199 : Peons (people who get get voice)
200 ~ 498 : Ops (people who control channel)
499 : Co-Owner
500 : Owner
Old 08-15-2005, 11:23 PM
Bah humbug!

Becky ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoBecky ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoBecky ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoBecky ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoBecky ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoBecky ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Inferno
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrixTwinklemuffin
No, not really. :P

There's a list of users who are registered with Gamesurge. Type !users in the room to see if they are.

Once you enter the chat, and log in (I have my log in automatic when I connect), it will give you voice or ops in whatever room. Only if you are on the users list with a specific amount of access.

100 ~ 199 : Peons (people who get get voice)
200 ~ 498 : Ops (people who control channel)
499 : Co-Owner
500 : Owner
So anyone, absolutely anyone who has registered with GS, logs in using AuthServ, goes into one of Nick's IRC channels... get an automatic +v?

--
Old 08-15-2005, 11:31 PM

They have to be added to the users list ( which can be seen by typing !users ) though.
Old 08-15-2005, 11:49 PM
Cookies?

CBD is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon
Well, I came in with CL_Poseidon...Mainly for the fact that that's my name, LOL.
I only saw this thread AFTER I went in.
I don't mind people coming in on those names at all, just be warned that I'll hold you a bit higher than other users.
Old 08-16-2005, 12:04 AM
always be my thunder.

Skaterooni has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundSkaterooni has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundSkaterooni has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundSkaterooni has turned into a Bat and is flying around
A lot of us know ya CBD, and we all wub ya. XD
Old 08-16-2005, 12:41 AM
Keep safe.

Mickey_Dude is as Frosty as a Snowman
See everyone there is rules for the Chat!!! and also CBD you have a awesome avatar!LOL
Old 08-16-2005, 11:41 AM
Banned

Oranges has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundOranges has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundOranges has turned into a Bat and is flying around
As of late, I've been seeing some, erm, 'questionable' behavior on IRC. I realize that there are no specific rules for the following, so I'm just going to mention it here.

What is IRC?
Old 08-16-2005, 12:18 PM
Bah humbug!

Internet Relay Chat.

o-t: ah, off to school, ciao.

--