Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Site Content > Site Feedback

Site Feedback Turn your amp up to 11 and let it wail!

Old Are we done here?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 01-26-2011, 04:27 AM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Trivia Winner Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 16

VIP
My Mood: Creative
bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Are we done here?

Alright guysss.

My life is just getting mo' sad and mo' sad. Like honestly.

But I'm not asking you to feel bad for me! ha

What I'm asking, is, are we done here?

Because I really hate, with everything else going on my life, I just hate coming on here and seeing 0 posts. I've tried so hard to breathe some life into these forums but nothing seems to work... I'm just wondering, should I keep coming back here to check if there's ever new posts? ( I think last post was like... two days ago or something) Should I just go around and get peoples emails and other contact information so I can actually talk to my friends on here about our lives? Or should I still come back here in case we start talking about something... Don't get me wrong, I love this site, but I love my friends more, and we're not talking on here, because wellllllll...

0 posts.

So I talk to them more on PM's and stuff because nobody really posts anymore... I haven't talked to them in pm's in awhile, because I've just come on here to check in the last few days if anyone was posting, but nope... but yeah so I mean if we're not going to really post here, I'd rather just email/contact in another way my friends from here... we would have a lot to talk about here, but since it is very G-rated (not saying it's a bad thing) we have run out of things to actually write about in the forums, which is why I went to pm's, trivia private chats, and email to actually get to know my friends on here...

Sorry for rambling, I will be very interested in your (if any) responses.

Love you VMKF
Old 01-26-2011, 05:52 AM
Unicorn Waffle Elderly
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Carol Parody Participant's Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award 
Total Awards: 14

My Mood: Cheesy
lucky33325 is floating through Inner Space
Completely agree. Couldn't of said it better myself.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:45 AM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
To be perfectly honest, I don't think you will ever really leave. You may take time off of vmkf, but I think you will always be here. You may get mad at the staff, the members, the "inactivity", etc but you will keep coming back. You keep coming back for the same reason why I and a select few keep coming back. You were here for the height of vmkf, and you got to see it in all of its glory. I was here for the beginning of the end of vmk, and I still got to see some glory. Vmkf gave us so many memories, friends, and lessons that we feel guilty to leave. Vmkf and vmk were really my first taste of social networking and it was a perfect elementary step. Just as you never want to leave your hometown forever, you don't want to leave vmkf.

As for the inactivity, what do you want to do? Do you want to start an rpg? How about a poll? Want to talk about the latest Disney movie? How about the new season of American Idol? Think about past popular threads and go from there. Maybe we can bring "life" to vmkf. I know I am not done here.
Old 01-27-2011, 03:28 AM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Trivia Winner Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 

VIP
bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Oh Etna, hehe

You know you're one of my favorite members on here :P

Let's see... um, yeah you're right I probably would come back, but definitely not as much. I mean I check VMKF soooo many times throughout the day, and on my phone just to see if there's any new posts but there never is. I would much rather talk to my friends through email or other ways because I have other things to do on those sites. I just feel like we can't really get very close on this site because of the G-ratedness. I'm always going to PM's or trivia chat to talk to my friends about my life. (Again I am not saying that the g-rated rating is bad) I just feel that we're not finding any thing to post about, and that it's a lot easier to be close with someone you know from PM's and actually talking to them and learning about them, not just if they think the new American Idol judges are good, or a single poll thing, but just to talk about anything. How their day was going, how their life is etc. There's no space anywhere for that kind of bonding here, and I think that's what it has come down to. Because now VMK is not in its prime when a poll would be a good method, you have a good question, and you get 100 replies. Here now you have a poll and it takes you.. four months to not even get 30 votes. So what I'm saying is, we might as well just switch to talking about our lives and actually getting to know the few people who remain here (if people don't want to they don't have to) If we don't switch I don't see the point in checking here very often. I hate rpgs, polls like I said they're going to take awhile, and we just really have nothing to talk about anymore. That's why I stick to PM's and email and such, so I can talk about more things and really develop friendships, not just base a friendship based on whether or not you like Twilight or agree with me on some rant. I want to actually develop friendships and that's what I've been able to do with a select few, but not through VMKF, through emails, PM's, and trivia chats, not through the forums part of this site.

Your turn
Old 01-27-2011, 03:55 AM
im bored woo
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Happy Valentine's Day 
Total Awards: 28

My Mood: LOL
LightningBrutus is floating through Inner Space
I completely agree with you Blue. I haven't really talked/pmed/posted in like.. a week or more because of the inactivity I just come on to see if any new posts are made and it's like.. I'm lucky to even see 1 new post, but it really doesn't surprise me because there isn't really anything left to talk about in posts like you said. D:
Old 01-27-2011, 08:48 PM
Red Flips Rule!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Epitaph Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 39

VIP
My Mood: RedFlips
StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!
I'm very much like Etna. VMKF was one of the first forums I joined in 2005 so I kind of feel my whole internet life is archived here. How I've grown older, matured, improved my grammar (!!). I simply could not stop visiting the site even if I said I would - it's got a quick link at the top of my browser and I try to visit every couple of days and check for new threads.

Goodness yes there's not many people left, but the amount of memories kept here is enough to last a lifetime.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:01 PM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase

VIP
This is not my quitting thread, guys.. not saying I'm never coming back here.
Old 01-28-2011, 02:02 AM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedudeman View Post
Oh Etna, hehe

You know you're one of my favorite members on here :P

Let's see... um, yeah you're right I probably would come back, but definitely not as much. I mean I check VMKF soooo many times throughout the day, and on my phone just to see if there's any new posts but there never is. I would much rather talk to my friends through email or other ways because I have other things to do on those sites. I just feel like we can't really get very close on this site because of the G-ratedness. I'm always going to PM's or trivia chat to talk to my friends about my life. (Again I am not saying that the g-rated rating is bad) I just feel that we're not finding any thing to post about, and that it's a lot easier to be close with someone you know from PM's and actually talking to them and learning about them, not just if they think the new American Idol judges are good, or a single poll thing, but just to talk about anything. How their day was going, how their life is etc. There's no space anywhere for that kind of bonding here, and I think that's what it has come down to. Because now VMK is not in its prime when a poll would be a good method, you have a good question, and you get 100 replies. Here now you have a poll and it takes you.. four months to not even get 30 votes. So what I'm saying is, we might as well just switch to talking about our lives and actually getting to know the few people who remain here (if people don't want to they don't have to) If we don't switch I don't see the point in checking here very often. I hate rpgs, polls like I said they're going to take awhile, and we just really have nothing to talk about anymore. That's why I stick to PM's and email and such, so I can talk about more things and really develop friendships, not just base a friendship based on whether or not you like Twilight or agree with me on some rant. I want to actually develop friendships and that's what I've been able to do with a select few, but not through VMKF, through emails, PM's, and trivia chats, not through the forums part of this site.

Your turn
From what I understand, you basically want something similar to a certain social networking site that may or may not have been the theme for a certain movie (not that any sites come to mind). As you have heard several times, vmk forums was/is a vmk fan site designed to discuss the different aspects of vmk. When vmk was closed it became a place to discuss your memories of vmk and to reconnect with your friends. I don't think there is a way to transition a vmk fan site into what you want. Even if vmkf wasn't g-rated, where would you put a thread about what is going on in your life? I don't think that would ever work in a forum environment. I think what you want is best taken place in personal messages or emails. Believe it or not you can learn a great deal about a person from their posts/threads. How did you make your friends in the first place before you pmed them? I have learned more about you in your posts then your private messages.

I have missed a good argument/debate. Your turn.
Old 01-28-2011, 03:01 AM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase

VIP
Oh Etna

Good movie, I rather enjoyed it, but no that's not really what I'm looking for.

Alright so basically what my little thing was about is, there's nothing really to talk VMK about anymore, obviously. That's why there are less and less members here, because nobody is posting because there's nothing to post about!

"How did you make your friends in the first place before you pmed them?"

GPG (The GoodPolarGirl we all know and love), pmed me one time, or maybe she came on to trivia and was like "hey you seem bored" I was, and then we became friends. That wasn't about posting or anything. Now we PM and email lots, and I've gotten to actually know her now, and now when she does post, I can see from a new angle where she's coming from, and she's not just another poster to me... like yeah I know all your personalities, like Etna I know you're a beast and all, come in here tryn'a mess me up But I know how you post, and I know how to deal with you not like deal with you, you know what I mean... ha. But yeah like GPG, and Ryan, and Akovia, and Brutus, I've grown to basically know. Like, urgh it's hard to explain.

I understand though. VMKF is a place to talk about VMK and that's basically it. So I guess I'll just switch to the emails and PM's, and check here less often.

I don't really know what else to say...maybe a list:

What this site is getting down to:
1. A few consistent members
2. Who don't really post anymore, but are here.
3. Nothing really to post about anymore.
4. Reason to be here if there's no posts? None, except friends, right? I think?

What you could do:
1. PM the friends, email/contact them from another site.
2. Make the site more open to talk about more open things.

Since the 2nd option I guess isn't great, I guess I'll use the first option to talk to my friends, and not check here very often, I'll be checking my email much more.

Edit: LOL "Gpg just isn't another poster to me" ahahahahaha it sounds like I'm proclaiming my love. Haha
Old 01-28-2011, 04:37 AM
VMK_Lion's #1 Fan!
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Halloween'11 Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 50

My Mood: Happy
MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Well when I do have time to make new threads, usually VMK related, there are little replies. But I'm still on VMKF to relive the memories of a great game. If you guys start creating some threads in the VMK Remembered area, be my guest.
Old 01-28-2011, 06:35 AM
Anyone can believe.
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Trivia Winner Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Golden Years Award 
Total Awards: 15

My Mood: Amuzed
acefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
I like this type of thread.

I agree with both Etna and Blue.

I was here almost from the start. A couple months after the beginning. This place use to be fast paced. Could never keep up with the posts. I have grown up with this forum.
Now that I am older, it has gotten very slow. We don't have much to talk about anymore.
It maybe hard to do but we could somehow think of a way to transition into different type of forum?
Maybe make forum groups that you have to be a certain age to join. And within those groups are forum categories for those age groups to converse?

It can be done, we just have to think.
Old 01-28-2011, 02:01 PM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase

VIP
I like that idea. And if not age, maybe a mod would have to let us in, like we would have to apply for the group.
Old 01-28-2011, 09:49 PM
Red Flips Rule!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Epitaph Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 39

VIP
My Mood: RedFlips
StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!
You feel bad about seeing no new posts.. but you still say you'll visit for the PMs? If there's no VMKF, there's no PMs!! :P

Someone get some threads going
Old 01-28-2011, 10:04 PM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase

VIP
I would be switching to emails shortly after I get everyone contact info, and will return every once in awhile to check up.
Old 01-29-2011, 12:34 AM
Birth By Sleep <3
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Happy Valentine's Day Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Patriot 2009 Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Happy Valentine's Gumshoe Award 
Total Awards: 10

My Mood: Ethereal
Kairi_Sora is as Frosty as a Snowman
I completely agree with you blue. All of your reasons are probably why I never came on VMKF for months. There is rarely any activity. When I look at some of the subsections of the forums, I was at first surprised that in some there haven't been threads for nearly a month. Such as the Arts subsection. It's hard to stay and post when the latest posts are from more than a day ago. When I first joined these forums, there was a lot more activity. Even though I wasn't on here when you could still play VMK, there was enough activity to keep me posting here. I also agree about the G-rating, although I know that will never change. When a forum is swallowed with inactivity, members usually switch to e-mails or a messenger if they want to talk with their friends. It's true that people can become friends because of posts, but that's usually in RPGs. I don't believe I've ever once started a friendship with someone in a random thread they posted in.

Anyways, I just don't see the point in logging in here and posting. I know that sounds hypocritical since I'm online right now, but it's the truth.