Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Other Games > Other G Rated Games > Other Games Archive

Other Games Archive Other Games Archive

Old The Pokemon Discussion Thread

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 03-25-2009, 07:47 PM
Banned

Marth is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGreenWizard View Post
I got Shaymin with AR, I caught it fairly, I just used AR to get there. I caught him at the flower paradise and I am waiting till I can borrow my sister's DS to trade him over to Platinum. But it makes me wonder who the heck you are supposed to get past Giratina's white reflective rock to the Shaymin flower paradise without the surf glitch or AR. It doesn't seem possible. Anyways Shaymin will work wonders for my team. HAHA, I could re-create some scenes from PKMN Giratina and the Sky Warrior then post them with the VS. Recorder.
Simple, an event. The event opens that land bridge. And just so you know, if you're trying to turn that Shaymin into Skymin, it won't work. You need the Toysrus Shaymin.
Old 03-26-2009, 02:00 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Caption Contest Participant 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: VMK
GreatGreenWizard is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I realize that, now. I always thought they just gave you the event PKMN, I didn't know you had to catch them! And something tells me Toysrus put some special code in their Shaymin that separates them from the rest. Clever, very clever... The only sad part is he won't listen to me He is only Level 30. Oh well, that is subject to change.
Old 04-03-2009, 10:47 PM
Banned

I'm in a tourney, so anyone up for a battle to help me practice? :O
Old 04-03-2009, 11:15 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Caption Contest Participant 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: VMK
GreatGreenWizard is spinning in a Cursed Storm
You'd bet me. In both PKMN Diamond and Platinum. LOL.
Old 04-04-2009, 02:41 PM
Awards Showcase
Epitaph Participant's Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 6

Born In Park Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Procastinating
Palkia is as Frosty as a Snowman
i would Marth, but um, i have to wait for the DSi since my red-and-black DS broke.
Once i get to the fifth gym in plat, ill start inserting at least my lucario,blaziken, and my lucky salamence. (those are my three main non uber pokemon)
i might not get it until the release of the DSi. I have to work on my Pearl version cuz i havent started it. :/

I'm a scene kid XP
Old 04-17-2009, 05:55 PM
Also known as Djar
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 2

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Happy
Derejin is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Woo, I got a second DS (A DS Lite, since it's cheaper due to the release of the DSi), as well as Pokemon Platinum. I haven't started on it yet, but it'll be neat, and I can transfer some Pokemon from my Diamond Version. Also, it seems that we can do the Battle Frontier over Wifi now, so when I've beaten the Elite Four in Platinum, I could team up with someone for that.

Marth, I'm lookin' at ya. You're good, and I'm sure we could get quite far in any of those Battle Frontier buildings.. XD
Old 04-17-2009, 07:33 PM
disco pogo
Awards Showcase
Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Winner's Award Graphics Trio Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Surrender
BuzzBoy133 is covered with ConfettiBuzzBoy133 is covered with ConfettiBuzzBoy133 is covered with Confetti
I beat plat already :P
I beat the eliet 4 in one try too. And my strongest pokemon was like only 52 xD

Old 04-17-2009, 08:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derejin View Post
Woo, I got a second DS (A DS Lite, since it's cheaper due to the release of the DSi), as well as Pokemon Platinum. I haven't started on it yet, but it'll be neat, and I can transfer some Pokemon from my Diamond Version. Also, it seems that we can do the Battle Frontier over Wifi now, so when I've beaten the Elite Four in Platinum, I could team up with someone for that.

Marth, I'm lookin' at ya. You're good, and I'm sure we could get quite far in any of those Battle Frontier buildings.. XD
:O How do you know I'm good? What if I'm all talk? XD
If you can actually beat the BF through Wi-Fi..it'll take us a few days.
Right now I'm at the E4, too lazy to take them on. .-.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzBoy133 View Post
I beat plat already :P
I beat the eliet 4 in one try too. And my strongest pokemon was like only 52 xD
Just beating the E4 doesn't mean you "beat" the game. <.<
Old 04-17-2009, 09:19 PM
Awards Showcase
Epitaph Participant's Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 6

Born In Park Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Procastinating
Palkia is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marth View Post

i have to agree with Marth on this one.
You beat the game once you complete the national dex. (now i rather find the pokemon myself than using the AR. i regret i used it. >.<)

I'm a scene kid XP
Old 04-18-2009, 05:06 AM
Also known as Djar
Awards Showcase

Here Since Day 1 VIP
Quote:
#1. You seem quite honest.
#2. Besides myself, you're the only one who knows about the "competitive" metagame for Pokemon(EVs, IVs, etc), and you have proved it through your posting.
#3. You've spent more time on your D/P game(again, evidence from your posting) than I have, resulting in marvelous teams and the like. I know this is true due to not only your posts, but the posts of those you battled.
#4. Expounding on #2, you know too much to be faking.
#5. Considering the battle we had in SSB:B, as well as how, again, you knew the competitive metagame terms(and how you battled) showed me you take your gaming seriously; and as such, I can't doubt that you'd be great at Pokemon, too.

It'll probably take me a bit to get a team worthy of the Battle Frontier, considering that I'm mostly into ubers, but yeah. If there are double battles, maybe you could take the offensive while I rely on double-battle buffs and such. Things like ability swap, power swap.. imagine the possibilities!
Old 04-18-2009, 01:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
#1. You seem quite honest.
#2. Besides myself, you're the only one who knows about the "competitive" metagame for Pokemon(EVs, IVs, etc), and you have proved it through your posting.
#3. You've spent more time on your D/P game(again, evidence from your posting) than I have, resulting in marvelous teams and the like. I know this is true due to not only your posts, but the posts of those you battled.
#4. Expounding on #2, you know too much to be faking.
#5. Considering the battle we had in SSB:B, as well as how, again, you knew the competitive metagame terms(and how you battled) showed me you take your gaming seriously; and as such, I can't doubt that you'd be great at Pokemon, too.

It'll probably take me a bit to get a team worthy of the Battle Frontier, considering that I'm mostly into ubers, but yeah. If there are double battles, maybe you could take the offensive while I rely on double-battle buffs and such. Things like ability swap, power swap.. imagine the possibilities!
That's my favorite post. XD

Let's do the Slaking + Shuckle trick! :O Or, maybe a trick room team.
Old 04-18-2009, 02:43 PM
Also known as Djar
Awards Showcase

Here Since Day 1 VIP
Quote:
Let's do the Slaking + Shuckle trick! :O Or, maybe a trick room team.
Sounds neat! You can think on what to make; I'll work on some Pokemon for those ideas.. a trick room team would be neat, but we can't stop there!
Old 04-18-2009, 06:08 PM
disco pogo
Awards Showcase
Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Winner's Award Graphics Trio Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Surrender
BuzzBoy133 is covered with ConfettiBuzzBoy133 is covered with ConfettiBuzzBoy133 is covered with Confetti
Quote:
If you can actually beat the BF through Wi-Fi..it'll take us a few days.
Right now I'm at the E4, too lazy to take them on. .-.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palkia View Post
i have to agree with Marth on this one.
You beat the game once you complete the national dex. (now i rather find the pokemon myself than using the AR. i regret i used it. >.<)
Actually, now that I think about it, you only beat the games when you get the black trainer card.

Old 04-18-2009, 06:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Sounds neat! You can think on what to make; I'll work on some Pokemon for those ideas.. a trick room team would be neat, but we can't stop there!
Rain Dance team FTW! XD.
I love Water Pokemon.

If we were to do the Shuckle + Slaking I could maybe Boton Pass an SD + Speed Boost from Ninjask to Slaking. Then from there its pure sweeping. (After you use Shuckle)

Or we could do it the other way around, I'll use Shuckle. (I have two EV'd already.)
Old 04-18-2009, 06:48 PM
Also known as Djar
Awards Showcase

Here Since Day 1 VIP
Ah, I see.

One thing; I checked Shuckle's moveset, and I didn't see anything like ability swap; just power trick. Am I missing something?

P.S. My internet's changed a bit, and my DS cannot connect to Wifi due to the security system; I'll see if I can get it working.. >_<
My Wii's Wifi works fine, though.