Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Site Content > News Articles > This week in VMK Archive

This week in VMK Archive no posting

Old This Week in VMK (August 10 - 16)

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 08-10-2009, 08:02 AM
Let's Motor
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award 
Total Awards: 20

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: Insomnious
UpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their head
This Week in VMK (August 10 - 16)

This Week in VMK!
August 10 - 16

Welcome to the latest installment of our weekly feature, This Week in VMK!
Take a peek into VMK's past as we remember some of the things that were happening...this week in VMK!

Click on the links to get more information from our VMK DOW wiki!

2005:

August 12th

Released

The Tomorrowland Motor Boat Retro Pin 4 of 5 is released.

2006:

August 11th

Released

The Pretzel Pin is released.

Retired

Click the image to view the full version

The Typhoon Lagoon Guest Room, Blizzard Beach Guest Room, and Typhoon Lagoon Crate Blue are retired.

Quest Kiosk

The Quest Kiosk gets a price break! Players can now purchase it for 15,000 instead of 30,000.

The Mickey Quest

The Mickey Quest is released. Players who successfully complete this quest receive the Disney Quest Pin.

August 14th

Retired

The Pretzel Pin is retired.

Newsletter
Push's Trash Talk on Quest Month quests
Item of the Week: Bubbling Cauldron
VMK Staff Profiles: VMK_Zoo

2007:

August 10th

Released

The Koro Tiki Pin, Hawaiian Aloha Shirt, Lilo Dress Top, and Lilo Dress Bottom are released.

Re-released

The Baseball Cap Reversed, Tangaroa Ru Tiki Idol Color Red, and Bamboo Floor Color Green are re-released.

August 13th

Retired

The Koro Tiki Pin is retired

Newsletter
Yavn Speaks about the new card game, tiki time, and VMK Central closing in WDW
Tiki Time Event Info
Push sees if players know their tiki talk
Top Players

Alohi - Happy Kid Amusement Park

Nick_hms - Lag Current (game)

SuperBillyHill - Sparrow at World's End Quests

August 14th

Dateline Disney

2007: The world premiere of High School Musical 2 is held at the AMC Theaters in Downtown Disney at the Disneyland Resort. Among those walking the red carpet are stars Zac Efron and Ashley Tisdale. The film will premiere on the Disney Channel Friday, August 17.

1958: Disneyland's Alice in Wonderland attraction celebrates its grand opening. The ceremonies are hosted by Walt Disney, in attendance are other characters from the popular film including Mouseketeer Karen Pendleton who is dressed as Alice.

1945: Comedian/actor Steve Martin is born Stephen Glenn Martin in Waco, Texas. At the age of 5, Martin moves with his family to California. In 1955 the family moves to Garden Grove, California, a town a few miles away from Anaheim and the newly opened Disneyland.

This "Wild and Crazy Guy" (we mean the one on the left) got his start at Disneyland!

Steve Martin goes to work at Disneyland at the age of 10, getting an after school job there selling guide books dressed in a straw hat and bowtie. He will hold several small jobs at Disneyland before the age of 15, when he takes a job in Fantasyland selling fake vomit and performing magic tricks in Merlin's Magic Shop. Martin will work at Disneyland until the age of 18.

Martin has often been quoted as being heavily influenced by Wally Boag a performer at Disneyland. In addition to being seen in Fantasia 2000 and the Disney/Buena Vista film Father of the Bride, Steve Martin can currently be seen at Disneyland as the host of Disneyland: The First 50 Magical Years at the Disneyland Main Street Opera House.

Thanks for reading and join us again next week as we remember VMK's past

Last edited by UpInTheAir; 08-17-2009 at 04:19 AM..
Old 08-10-2009, 05:24 PM
Masked Cowboy
Awards Showcase
St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Epitaph Winner's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 49

VIP
My Mood: Happy
SoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Inferno
2005: Hadn't started playing yet.
2006: I remember that Mickey Quest! Well, at least I know I remember the pin.
2007: I remember how excited I was when that aloha shirt came out! I wore it for a couple of weeks after that lol!

Play trivia at #vmktrivia to win a purple scrolly!
Old 08-10-2009, 07:30 PM
TR2N Are You Ready?
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Spooky Scribe Award Halloween '09 Award Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 13

Destination has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Destination has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Awwww I remember all of that.

Omg, the tomorrowland retro pins! I use to have like 10 of every single one.

Oh, and then I remember when everyone got mad when the green flip hat came out again.

LOL, those were the days . . . .
Old 08-10-2009, 11:37 PM
Registered+

My Mood: VMKFy
starwarzkid is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Thanks for posting this! Happy to see these and bring back many fond memories.
Old 08-10-2009, 11:48 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Which Disney Character Winner Award Spooky Scribe Award Golden Years Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award 
Total Awards: 6

Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: vmkpalish
ToBeContinued is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Wow...it seems like it was just yesterday -insert cheesy tear here-
I think that VMK should come back for sure...but if it doesn't, maybe these memories would be nice too
Old 08-12-2009, 02:53 AM
VMK_Lion's #1 Fan!
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Halloween'11 Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 50

My Mood: Happy
MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Aww, this is making me miss vmk even more!

Thanks for posting!
Old 08-13-2009, 03:40 AM
hmmm! (:
Awards Showcase
St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Trivia Winner Patriot 2010 Award Trivia Winner Happy Valentine's Day Trivia Winner Happy Holidays'09 Award 
Total Awards: 20

My Mood: Woah
Pink_Bink is covered with ConfettiPink_Bink is covered with ConfettiPink_Bink is covered with Confetti
:o!
I loved the tiki stuff! (:
Old 08-13-2009, 11:18 PM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Patriot 2010 Award VMK Memories Award 2010 
Total Awards: 28

My Mood: AFK
Vivi is Buried in TreasureVivi is Buried in Treasure
The tiki stuff was my fave theme; as soon as flip came out I wore it every day. xD
That was in 06. LOL
Old 08-10-2011, 09:26 PM
Hugs and Pixie Dust
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Summer Party Winner's Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 
Total Awards: 24

My Mood: Pixieish
Jezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying around
B U M P !

Old 08-11-2011, 12:19 PM
Blah!!!

My Mood: Amused
GrimXRZ is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I remember when they lower the price of the quest kiosk to 15,000.
I just bought it like two weeks before they dropped the price. I was so mad lol.
Old 08-13-2013, 01:51 AM
Administrator

My Mood: Disney
Joan is spinning in a Cursed Storm

B U M P E T Y B U M P