Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > VMK Remembered > VMK Remembered Archive

VMK Remembered Archive Archive for VMK Remembered forum.

Old VMK's weirdest Ideas thread.

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 02-08-2009, 09:46 PM
VMK 4 ever
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

gabyta is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLKnCookies View Post
I remember the event, I thought it was dumb.

I thought the pirate and princess party was, idk if you would say weird, but I guess odd? It was unorganized and people dress up to wait in a room for a host to ask questions and most likely you wouldn't win because you have to be the fastest typer.
or avoid lag
Old 02-19-2009, 06:03 AM
Disneyland Fangirl
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: Boo!
Silverpsycho is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerRyan View Post
The weirdest thing for me was my very first VMK event that I can remember: the Bear Rug Cute-or-Boot. Why make such a big deal about one rug? Just let us buy it, don't turn it into a hunting debate.
Yeah totally! VMK wasn't exactly for the whole cute-or-boot stuff going on in guest rooms and yet they used the term themselves. I was a fan of the bear rug but the whole thing got out of hand. I thought it was rather funny when I ran into protesters of the rugs, saying it promoted hunting and animal cruelty. I thought that to be rather silly because the bear was made up of pixels and no real bear was harmed in the process. Besides, I see fake bear rugs for sale all the time in stores and people like them as novelty gag rugs for their homes. I think people read into the VMK bear rugs just a bit too much, but hey...it was all good times.

Also the lucky leprechaun event was strange too. To go to a random room over and over in hopes of finding a staff member dressed in green was just weird. In addition to shouting out "I found a lucky leprechaun!," players received the most random stuff. If it had been something unique new and special, that would be one thing but it was just a bunch of common random stuff. So while it was a fun little event, I found it to be weird.