Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Disney Fan Club > Disney Gossip > Disney Gossip Archive

Disney Gossip Archive Disney Gossip archive

Old Disney associating with McDonald's

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 03-16-2008, 04:15 PM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 1

iImagine ’s Autopia has run out of gas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caterpillar AEIOU View Post
Walt Disney and the founder of Mc Donalds were close friends that served in the army together. There is a picture of them in one of the Mc's D's that I have been too. The relationship goes WAY back!
:|

Right.
Old 03-18-2008, 01:30 AM
If the boot fits..

TheRealPumpkinQueen is as Frosty as a Snowman
McDonald's has been giving out Disney Happy Meal toys FOREVER!! There is a McDonald's French Fry Stand in both Frontierland and Critter Country as well as a Mini McDonald's in Disney's California Adventure.
Old 03-18-2008, 01:45 AM
VMK_Lion's #1 Fan!
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Halloween'11 Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 50

My Mood: Happy
MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Nothing will make me eat fast food. It's been 5 years since I ate fast food, I'm never going back.

Fast Food Nation
Old 03-18-2008, 02:02 AM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award 

iImagine ’s Autopia has run out of gas
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealPumpkinQueen View Post
McDonald's has been giving out Disney Happy Meal toys FOREVER!! There is a McDonald's French Fry Stand in both Frontierland and Critter Country as well as a Mini McDonald's in Disney's California Adventure.
They stopped from August 2006 until February 2008.
Old 03-18-2008, 02:55 AM
Registered+

Vary has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by iImagine View Post
Actually, not too far. Disney was still with Burger King into the mid-90's.
Then how did I get Bambi figurines and Oliver and Company finger puppets at McDonald's in 1988? The 10-year contract that ended in 2006 was an exclusive agreement, meaning that McDonald's couldn't promote non-Disney movies and Disney couldn't make deals with other fast food groups. Disney was involved with McDonalds long before that, just not exclusively. By the end of the contract, McDdonald's wanted out as much as Disney did; it was too restrictive. They both did some partnerships with other companies, and now they're working together again. What's the big deal?

And it's not one of the McDonald boys who was pals with Walt, it's their partner and McDonald's co-founder Ray Kroc; and yes, they did meet in an army camp during WWI. Kroc was an underage ambulance driver, just like Walt.
Old 03-18-2008, 03:12 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

luckyone is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by EtnaGreen View Post
Mcd's isn't healthy, do you think all the churros and food at disney is healthy?
well there is healthy food at disney but compared to mc donalds its way more healthier there is anything but water healthy in mc donalds
Old 03-18-2008, 03:39 AM
If the boot fits..

TheRealPumpkinQueen is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:
Originally Posted by iImagine View Post
They stopped from August 2006 until February 2008.
Perhaps they did however... in 2006 they gave away toys from The Wild , POTC , Cars , and The Little Mermaid. And during the above mentioned dates they did not stop serving food in the parks.
Old 03-24-2008, 10:45 PM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
It's kind of obvious considering everytime you go on the dinosaurs ride at animal kingdom they say," This ride was made possible by a generous grant from mcdonalds."
Old 03-25-2008, 04:44 PM
Where Dreams Come True :)
Awards Showcase
Guess the Picture Winner's Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Happy Valentine's Smile For Entering Award 
Total Awards: 4

My Mood: RockOn
Gorams is as Frosty as a Snowman
Didn't they do this last summer?
Old 03-25-2008, 05:09 PM
TR2N Are You Ready?
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Spooky Scribe Award Halloween '09 Award Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 13

Destination has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Destination has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
They always do that kinda stuff lol. The only toys that I ever really liked from those places were along time ago when they were giving out the Toy Story toys. I didnt actually get them my self but my grandma collects alot of toys like those and she got a whole bunch of those and made a specific christmas tree that is fake but it's covered in all things of Toy Story. lol it's the best tree in the world!