Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Other > Virtual Stories > Magic Kingdom Memoirs

Magic Kingdom Memoirs Where dreams are buried, but not forgotten.

Old Hi everyone

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 11-11-2007, 07:33 PM
Hall of Fame
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Patriot 2010 Award Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 
Total Awards: 17

My Mood: Cautious
DeputyRR is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Hi everyone

Hi, I'm Deputy Rusty Rockenspeed, your new mod on Stories/RPG forums. I am excited about my first mod position and hope to help make this a great site for you. I will be learning as I go so please be patient if I make a few mistakes.
I'd like to remind you of the rules we have in place as originally posted by Tepcat:

The most common rules violated are:
a. Spam – multiple posts and nonsense posts
b. Violence – I do not allow kill, dead, guns or blood
c. Romance – No boyfriends, girlfriends, or kisses

Spam – Responses are appreciated by the authors, but keep it on the subject of the story. Nonsense posts will be deleted. If you want to act silly while you are waiting for the story to continue, then use the java chat button on the front page (right column) and talk with each other in real time. The toontown chat room is almost always empty and Nick would love for all of you to chat there and have fun. You could also use it to work on RPGs and then copy and paste the chat onto a post and do some quick edits. I also consider anyone not a mod to be spamming when they tell others about rule violations. PM me, do not post it.

NOTE: It is not considered to be double or triple or even quadruple posting when the author of the story is writing a story.

Violence – I have found that by focusing on removing the above four words – kill, dead, blood, guns – the amount of violence within the stories/RPGs has reduced dramatically. That is the primary reason I was editing posts originally. Once you have to stop and think of an alternate word, then the story changes a bit and it is usually a better story. It is also against the G-rating the forum has in place. Bugs Bunny may appear to harm things, but everyone knows that nothing bad actually happens. Make sure that is also understood in your stories/RPGs.

Romance – And this is my current reason to edit posts. I understand that you are starting to notice the difference between boys and girls, but it is not G-rated. If I allow you to post about boyfriends and girlfriends then we will get married and then we will have kids and before I know it, we’ll have posts discussing how people get kids. In order to keep the G-rating (and I WILL keep the G-rating), I am not allowing the above words to be mentioned except as the ending to a story. If the story has the boy kissing the girl and then they ride off into the sunset with a huge heart closing the screen – cool. Otherwise – you will either be edited or removed.

Within these forums, you are allowed artistic license, but the guidelines still must be followed. Because I am as interested in the stories as most of you, I choose to edit the stories to remove the problems. Once it reaches a certain point, I have to remove the thread. I try to send a PM to the owner of a thread when I remove a thread, but sometimes I do forget. Please PM me and I will respond within 24 hours. Also feel free to PM me anytime you have a question about how your story/RPG interacts with the guidelines.

Story Contests - These are something that are kind of fun and it's a way to make sure people see your story. We will only have one all-around story contest but if you choose it is possible to make different story contests. Make sure the criteria are easy to follow and remember everyone's story should have a fair and equal chance. Did I forget anything? Let me know!

Oh yeah and have fun!

Last edited by DeputyRR; 03-12-2008 at 11:20 PM.. Reason: added more
Old 11-11-2007, 08:06 PM
Red Flips Rule!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Epitaph Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 39

VIP
My Mood: RedFlips
StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!
Howdy.
A mod on your first day.. hehe! Welcome to VMK Forums. Just thought I would introduce myself so you know me. I'm StitchMad, been on VMK since August 2005, and also been on this site since then. I'm a huge Disney fan, from the UK, and had around 20 trips to the USA. If you need any info or help on VMK, Disney, the parks or any special features we have on this site that TTC doesn't, feel free to drop me a PM. I think you will be a great mod here, and you seem relaxed already!
Once again, a big welcome from me!
Have a Disney day.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:08 PM
wants Elle B. to return
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner Happy Holidays'09 Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Halloween '09 Award Trivia Winner VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 10

My Mood: Villany
the_phoenix has turned into a sparkling Pirate!the_phoenix has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Welcome!
Ah, yes.... a MOD's first day. Good luck!
I'm sure you'll do a great job! Just thought I'd drop by and say hi!
Anyway, nice talking to you!

Happy 1st day,
the_phoenix.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:21 PM
After all the lies

KMSakura is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Welcome, Deputy Rusty Rockenspeed. It must feel good being a Mod on your first day, huh? xD

Well, good luck to you and have a great time on the forums.

~KM
Old 11-11-2007, 11:11 PM
Hugs and Pixie Dust
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Summer Party Winner's Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 
Total Awards: 24

My Mood: Pixieish
Jezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Hello, and congratulations!!
I am not a writer, so this will probably be the only time you will hear/see me Hope you have fun here with your new job
Old 11-12-2007, 04:27 AM
VMK 4 ever
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

gabyta is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Hello and welcome! Enjoy your stay here
Old 11-12-2007, 09:57 PM
x×X×x M£ĢÃŇ x×X×x

Beautiful is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Have Fun On Your First Day Of Being A Mod! I Knows Its Nerve-Wraking But You'll Get Over It!

.:.Beautiful.:.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:03 PM
It's a wonderful VMK day!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Signature Donation Award 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: Sick
bluepopstar is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Welcome! I think you will enjoy being a mod, especially for the Stories Forum. There's alot of users that are such telented writers.

You gotta love the penguins!
Old 11-14-2007, 07:59 PM
May I have your shoes? =3
Awards Showcase
VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: Bighug
icefire_dragon is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Welcome to VMKF! I'm sure you'll enjoy reading our wonderful stories. And don't worry, you'll learn to love us!

~Ice
Old 11-14-2007, 08:03 PM
I iz lazy.
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Spooky Scribe Award Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: Insomnious
Blossomflower is Buried in TreasureBlossomflower is Buried in TreasureBlossomflower is Buried in Treasure
Welcome q:

LOL I like your ending "If the story has the boy kissing the girl and then they ride off into the sunset with a huge heart closing the screen.."

LOL the huge heart closing the screen hehehe i found that funny.
Old 11-16-2007, 06:05 AM
Alice In Wonderland Rocks

My Mood: Bored
strikemaster is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Welcome! Nice job, you are a mod on the first day! I'm sure that if you play around with all the links and buttons and stuff here you'll get to know the place, or at least that's what I did! And I don't right much, so you won't be finding any stories over here, sadly. Well...I did write A story, but it got deleted. Anyways, have fun. PM me if you need anything (I always say that, but no one ever does! lol)!
~Strike
Old 11-16-2007, 06:30 AM
:]

rollercoastergal is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I am rollercoastergal. You'll have a great time being a mod here

Old 11-22-2007, 06:53 PM
.. something u drink from
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Design an Outfit Participation's Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Guess the Picture Winner's Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 13

My Mood: Piratey
Straws is as Frosty as a Snowman
Hi Im Straws!!

Ill Try and Stay out of trouble for you ;P anyway thanks for sharing your story and cant wait to hear from you on our stories (only if its agood thing)
Old 11-23-2007, 03:32 AM
Bird - The one and only.
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

TheBird is as Frosty as a Snowman
Once again, welcome!
Old 11-23-2007, 06:15 AM
Dog Lover :)

My Mood: Hakuna_Matata
SillyBrightPuppy is as Frosty as a Snowman
Hi welcome I am Silly