Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > VMK Gaming Archived Forums > VMK Events

VMK Events VMK Events

Old Happy Valentine's quest and pin trade!!

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 02-16-2008, 04:05 AM
Give A Little Whistle...

My Mood: Bighug
vanillabug is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdventurersClub View Post
Phinny did not have to run this event at all; none of you know exactly who received a "surprise" in their trade besides the people who came forward. I don't care how jealous and or bitter you all seem to be, but unless you have the facts to support your belief please do not try to vilify Host Phinny. This is uncalled for and hurtful, she was trying to be nice and spread some of the magic on what seemed to be a disappointing Valentine's Day in VMK.

She obviously wanted this to be a surprise event, there has not been a trade event in many weeks, and it sort of made up for no Valentines Day pin. If you all feel she is "playing favorites" maybe she shouldn't have "surprises" anymore. A lot of work goes into these events; it is really hard on Phinny to host a trade event for three hours straight. Hosts are real people with real feelings; I truly hope she does not see this thread of her being accused of a practice of which she was in no way doing.

Nothing VMK does will please everyone, I ask you this, entire question, and how would you make the event such as a trade event better? I would ask this question, if any of you received an eye pin, in an event such as this would you insist the Host keeps it due to your belief of unfair distribution? How much do double standards influence your opinions? Host Phinny works very hard working, caring, kind host, who wanted to make a handful of people happy. This is no different then Dreams Month, the people who received a "surprise" be happy for them, do not try to make Phinny out to be a villain, she works way too hard to have her feelings hurt on a fan site.

Lets not jump to conclusions. The point of my post above, was not to "vilify" Host Phinny (btw Phinny was never named by me or the other two people who were quoted). It was a clarifying of how "random" the giving of a pin to "good friends" is (that is how a post above said recipients were chosen). I personally don't know if that is how it happened at all. Even if it did happen that way, it's Phinny's prerogative. I don't understand the rebuke of being hurtful to Phinny and I don't think it's called for.

Last edited by vanillabug; 02-16-2008 at 04:52 AM.. Reason: Took a name out. ;)
Old 02-16-2008, 04:18 AM
Kungaloosh!

AdventurersClub is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanillabug View Post
Lets not jump to conclusions. The point of my post above, was not to "vilify" Host Phinny (btw Phinny was never named by me or the other two people who were quoted). It was a clarifying of how "random" the giving of a pin to "known friends" is. I don't understand the rebuke of being hurtful to Phinny and I don't think it's called for.
Accusing her of not-so-randomly giving out extra pins without proof, sends a different message to her, a more negative message. Sure I will admit some of the people who are a bit more friendly with her received eye pins. However no one has taken into account the other eye pins being given out, hense my defending Phinny. I do not believe only "friends" received eye pins.

How is it hurtful? How would you feel if you were in a position of rewarding random gifts and a couple people who randomly are chosen to give a gift to happen to be a friend of yours? Its not always the way it is presented, but rather how the other person reads it. That was how I read it, I do apologize if I read it wrong. From what I have read, I was lead to believe that a majority of people thought only friends of her's (which is unlikely as Hosts cannot be friends with any players) received eye pins. I think its more a case of only a few people coming forward. No one except Phinny knows who received one. It would be seen as hurtful because to me I wouldn't want to be accused of "playing favorites" which can be lead to be called possible "scam" so that is how I came to that conclusion.

Right or wrong that is my opinion, my post was not directed at anyone in particular it was more of a different side of an argument. I do apologize to anyone I have offended that was not my intention and I do apologize.
Old 02-16-2008, 04:42 AM
Give A Little Whistle...

My Mood: Bighug
vanillabug is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdventurersClub View Post
Accusing her of not-so-randomly giving out extra pins without proof, sends a different message to her, a more negative message. Sure I will admit some of the people who are a bit more friendly with her received eye pins. However no one has taken into account the other eye pins being given out, hense my defending Phinny. I do not believe only "friends" received eye pins.

How is it hurtful? How would you feel if you were in a position of rewarding random gifts and a couple people who randomly are chosen to give a gift to happen to be a friend of yours? Its not always the way it is presented, but rather how the other person reads it. That was how I read it, I do apologize if I read it wrong. From what I have read, I was lead to believe that a majority of people thought only friends of her's (which is unlikely as Hosts cannot be friends with any players) received eye pins. I think its more a case of only a few people coming forward. No one except Phinny knows who received one. It would be seen as hurtful because to me I wouldn't want to be accused of "playing favorites" which can be lead to be called possible "scam" so that is how I came to that conclusion.

Right or wrong that is my opinion, my post was not directed at anyone in particular it was more of a different side of an argument. I do apologize to anyone I have offended that was not my intention and I do apologize.
I'm not offended . I just wanted to make clear the purpose of my post. As I stated above, I was only addressing the word random, NOT flaming Phinny or any other host. I neither attended the pin trade nor do I have an opinion on whether the gifts were randomly given (nor do I care honestly, it's a game afterall ).