Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Site Content > Site Feedback

Site Feedback Turn your amp up to 11 and let it wail!

Old The awesome epic plan

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 11-04-2010, 04:28 AM
Unicorn Waffle Elderly
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Carol Parody Participant's Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award 
Total Awards: 14

My Mood: Cheesy
lucky33325 is floating through Inner Space
The awesome epic plan

Alright guys, we all know that VMKF is pretty inactive now and we all gotta face it and we gotta make a change. I for one, have been trying to get the place active again. I was gone a while and I came back and I post a lot, but I remember the good old days when I would go on VMKF and I would post something and somebody would respond in the next few minutes, not the next few days. I have been talking to my friend that you may know, BlossomFlower, about making VMKF active again. She said it would be great to do, but she doubted that anybody would actually do it.
And I've got a plan.
1. If you know a person who was on VMKF a while go on a different site or in real life, they might of just forgotten about it. Remind them about it, maybe they'll come back.
2. Tell people that used to play VMK. We always welcome new members, and they can share their great memories with VMK.
3. If VMK reopens, then VMKF will be active again and that I can be sure about. I know a lot of people are already giving up VMK, but still, we can do our part to get Disney to bring it back. Email Disney or call them, you never know what they'll do.

People who want to help, post "I will do my part to make VMKF active again!" and I'll add you to my contributors list.

WE CAN DO THIS PEOPLE!

Contributors:
lucky33325

Last edited by lucky33325; 11-05-2010 at 04:08 AM..
Old 11-05-2010, 02:48 AM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Trivia Winner Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 16

VIP
My Mood: Creative
bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
You're the leader? I've been trying for a couple of months.

I'm not saying I'm the leader, but I don't think we need to designate one.

Good idea with the contacts in real life. Though I only have one, and I know she's not coming to this site. She was on one that died, but has now all but forgotten it.

Last edited by Jezzi; 11-05-2010 at 04:50 PM.. Reason: backseat modding
Old 11-06-2010, 05:27 AM
Courageous
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Guess the Picture Winner's Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 7

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: MadHat
Brer_Nick is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Maybe if we stop stressing the idea the site is inactive people might not be so discouraged to return. If we converse more as a kind of community, though tight-knit, it might bring an allure. A small, cooperative community can grow into a city. But if we sit around wallowing in self-pity the site will never pick up. Obviously we need to shift the focus of the site away from VMK itself and more-so towards pop-culture and all things disney related. VMK may come back, but if every thread is about how VMK closed, the chances of its revival, or how someone just came back, nobody will want to come here.

There's no allure. No point. Purpose. We need something that will give people a reason to waste their free-time here. The internet is a competition. Our audience has shifted to more appealing sites offering basically what we have potential to generate but choose to ignore. But whatever.

There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow, shining at the end of every day. There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow, just a Dream away...
Old 11-07-2010, 01:59 AM
Unicorn Waffle Elderly
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Carol Parody Participant's Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award 
Total Awards: 14

My Mood: Cheesy
lucky33325 is floating through Inner Space
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brer_Nick View Post
Maybe if we stop stressing the idea the site is inactive people might not be so discouraged to return. If we converse more as a kind of community, though tight-knit, it might bring an allure. A small, cooperative community can grow into a city. But if we sit around wallowing in self-pity the site will never pick up.
So... basically do nothing and let the site die?
Old 11-07-2010, 02:12 AM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Trivia Winner Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 16

VIP
My Mood: Creative
bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Noo... that's not what he was saying. At all.

He was saying; don't keep talking about how we're dying. You need to find something else to talk about.
Old 12-27-2010, 04:26 AM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Patriot 2010 Award VMK Memories Award 2010 
Total Awards: 28

My Mood: AFK
Vivi is Buried in TreasureVivi is Buried in Treasure
;;

I like the real life contacts thing. I have a couple of people that used to play, but they're probably already forgotten about it.

Or something.

If any of you have a blog or something, you can like, post that you used to play VMK and get people to come like that.

...yeah.
Old 12-30-2010, 07:42 AM
♥>>DEFYING.gravityy<<♥
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Mod Match Participant 
Total Awards: 18

Born In Park Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Princess
FabMariah has Fireworks shooting off over their headFabMariah has Fireworks shooting off over their headFabMariah has Fireworks shooting off over their headFabMariah has Fireworks shooting off over their head
I for one haven't been active for almost 2 years now but I've even come back for a bit...I think it seriously helps to remind people(: