Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Other > Virtual Stories > Magic Kingdom Memoirs

Magic Kingdom Memoirs Where dreams are buried, but not forgotten.

Old Isn't quite as it seems

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 08-30-2009, 07:36 PM
Noise amongst the static
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Signature Donation Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: SaveVMK
LordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Isn't quite as it seems

I've realized that, despite being a big writer, I have yet to post anything here. So, here's a little something that I wrote just last night. It's definitely not my best work, but it's one I'm fairly proud of, and one of the few that are actually appropriate for the forum. XD

--------------------------------------------------------

She had always been part of my life through the many drawings hanging on my wall and the many stories stashed away in my drawers, but she first truly entered my world on a lazy Saturday afternoon. I was lying on my bed, enjoying a new book I had recently bought, when out of the corner of my eye I caught a glimpse of a familiar pink dress passing by my room. My heart raced. "Could it be her?" I thought. I instantly rose to gave chase.

I saw her again one Sunday morning while I was mowing the lawn. She was walking down the street, her sky blue skirt elegantly blowing in the wind behind her. I froze in place, enthralled by the spectacle before me. Her eyes may have been jet black, but they shone so bright it was as if I were looking into the sun. With every step she took she sent unseen tremors that may have never disturbed the ground, but caused my heart to shake nonetheless, and shake hard. So hard, that when she walked right past me, got into the driver's seat of my car, and gave me that smile of hers that always rocked my world, my fragile heart suffered a critical structural failure and melted like so much ice cream caught in the sunlight of her eyes, and dripped to the ground. I got in the car with her, prepared for her to take me to unseen places the likes of which I've only seen in my dreams.

I found myself leaving Disneyland several days later, the clock having just chimed midnight and the staff closing the park so that the Prince may deliver Cinderella's glass slipper. As I passed the towering golden spire of Tomorrowland's Astro Orbitor, I noticed the dimly lit silhouette a figure in the corner of my eye, wishfully running a gloved hand along the length of one of the rockets as she walked by. I couldn't see her face, but her pose alone seemed to say "Oh, dear, time flies by too quickly, does it not? Pity, I was hoping for one last ride."

It was not until I looked away I realized why she caught my eye out of all the other nameless silhouettes in the crowd. To quote Shakespear, "Oh, she is my lady! Oh, that I knew that she were!" But perhaps I have misquoted. But you'll see my version fits the situation better.

I looked back, thinking maybe I too might like one last ride so that I may share it with her, but there was nobody there.

There never was anybody there.

That girl is nothing more than a hallucination I've been having for the past year. A hallucination that's always the same: A glimpse of a graceful, slender figure with flowing black hair that vanishes as soon as I blink or look away, without even a small poof or a flash of light or some other theatric to mark the disappearance, leaving me as unsure about her departure as her arrival.

I'm not sure whether these visions are of some guardian angel or some ghost of a long-forgotten past of mine or even just a lie my brain tells to convince itself that there is still something pure and undefiled in this world, but I do know that they set me all aflutter with fantasies of "Perhaps next time, if I am able not to look away, she will remain long enough for me to maybe even to talk to her!"

And yet, at the same time, they serve as a reminder.

A reminder of how alone I really am.

I will walk heavy, and I will walk strange.

Last edited by DeputyRR; 08-31-2009 at 02:37 AM.. Reason: prd
Old 08-31-2009, 01:11 AM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Patriot 2010 Award VMK Memories Award 2010 
Total Awards: 28

My Mood: AFK
Vivi is Buried in TreasureVivi is Buried in Treasure
Whoah.
-bows- WE ARE NOT WORTHY.
This is amazing; really.
Old 08-31-2009, 02:00 AM
blehh♥♥
Awards Showcase
Halloween'10 Award Spooky Scribe Award Golden Years Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Winner 
Total Awards: 12

My Mood: Baffled
xoop is covered with Confettixoop is covered with Confettixoop is covered with Confetti
Wow... How much time did you spend on that? A year? A century? The whole earth's existence? Incredible.
Old 08-31-2009, 02:48 AM
Noise amongst the static
Awards Showcase

LordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Hehheh. Thanks everyone. I'm glad you all liked it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoop View Post
Wow... How much time did you spend on that? A year? A century? The whole earth's existence? Incredible.
I think I wrote this all within about half an hour, maybe a bit more. All I can remember is that I was watching the second-to-last episode of BECK at the time, and I finished right when the end credits were over. XD

"Oh, my fair,
Floating like a bird that's taken wing,
You were there
Smiling in my arms for all those years..."

Old 08-31-2009, 05:10 AM
I iz lazy.
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Spooky Scribe Award Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: Insomnious
Blossomflower is Buried in TreasureBlossomflower is Buried in TreasureBlossomflower is Buried in Treasure
wow.
you should really consider writing a book.
i mean, with your....... thingy you gave me, that was already pro too. LOL

but that was kind of a sad ending..
YET AWESOME

you are one of my idols.
LOL

Old 08-31-2009, 06:12 AM
Noise amongst the static
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossomflower View Post
wow.
you should really consider writing a book.
i mean, with your....... thingy you gave me, that was already pro too. LOL

but that was kind of a sad ending..
YET AWESOME

you are one of my idols.
LOL
Hehheh. Thanks.

What, that game I sent you isn't close enough to a book, especially considering that I'm only halfway done with it and it already takes an hour to read? XD