Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Site Content > News Articles > This week in VMK Archive

This week in VMK Archive no posting

Old This Week in VMK (February 16-22)

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 02-17-2009, 04:25 PM
Let's Motor
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award 
Total Awards: 20

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: Insomnious
UpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their head
This Week in VMK (February 16-22)

This Week in VMK!
February 16-22

Welcome to the latest installment of our weekly feature, This Week in VMK!
Take a peek into VMK's past as we remember some of the things that were happening...this week in VMK!

Click on the links to get more information from our VMK DOW wiki!

2006:

February 17th:
Released

The Everest 4 of 5 pin is released as part of the Everest Pin Set.

Newsletter
Everest Month is here
Sweet new Everest pins
Join the VMK Everest Ride-A-Thon revolution
Cooler rewards all month in our games!
Everest Ride Competition
Awards and Top Players : Pirate Will, Alienoutlawz, Neotony, TreasureIsMe, and DianaP
VMK Staff Profiles: VMK_Red

February 17th-19th:
VMK Everest Ride-A-Thon

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMK Newsletter
Join the VMK Everest Ride-A-Thon revolution!

This weekend, ride VMK Everest and win free stuff! Look for rooms named 'Ride-A-Thon' between 1pm and 6pm Pacific (4pm and 9pm Eastern) on Friday 2/17, Saturday 2/18, and Sunday 2/19.

Every time you ride, you'll get free VMK Everest virtual stuff! Ride again and again!

Here's what you'll get every time you ride:

Friday, February 17 - Everest Ride Track (straight)
Saturday, February 18 - Snow Carpet
Sunday, February 19 - Ice Cube Chair

Plus, on Saturday and Sunday we'll be giving away a REAL iPod nano for FREE every hour during the Ride-A-Thon!

February 20th:
Retired

The Everest 4 of 5 pin is retired.

February 21st:

Re-released

The Ice Cube Chair is re-released for players to win via mini games.

Retired

The Hearth Chair Red and Hearth Chair Magenta, Princess Tiara, Princess Bodice Pink, Princess Hooped Skirt Pink, and Princess Slippers Pink are retired.

2007:

February 16th:

Released

The Blue Bayou Monte Cristo Pin and Jester Hat Purple are released.

February 18th:

Released

The VMK Race 07 Pin is released.

February 19th:
Epcot Trivia Quest 1 Released
Click the image to view the full version

Players can win the Epcot Entrance Guest Room by playing the Epcot Trivia Quest 1.

Retired

The Blue Bayou Monte Cristo Pin is retired.

Newsletter
Yavn Speaks about Epcot, Room Makeovers, and Magic!
Event Info shows that February is full of fun and racing
Push has a presidential trivia question

Top Players

CL_Percius - Pirates Water Garden

Shoreboy - Follow Your Heart Races

BlueSorcerer - The Goofy Movie Quest

2008:

February 16th:

Released

The Magic Show Block A, Magic Show Carpet Corner, Magic Show Top Hat Chair Purple, Tower Of Terror Elevator Teleporter, and Tower Of Terror Starry Carpet are released.

Re-released

The Dancing Inferno Magic Single Use and Maleficent Hat are re-released.

Retired

The Heart Chair Cyan, Heart Chair Magenta, Heart Chair Red, and Red Surprise Gift are retired.

February 18th:

Ned's Presidents Day Sale
Quote:
Presidents Day Sale!

Attention shoppers! On Presidents Day everything in Shrunken Ned's Shop is HALF OFF! That's right, ALL the items in my shop will be half off on Presidents Day!

We're clearing out some seasonal stuff to make room for Spring, plus you'll see some special items I'm bringing out of the stock room just for this special day! So make plans to visit me Monday February 18, 2008 when everything in my shop is HALF OFF!

This is a ONE DAY ONLY event!
VMK's Presidential Quest!

Players can play VMK's Presidential Quest today and win the Presidents Day Quest Pin.

Players who complete the quest after today receive 1000 credits instead.

Released

The Explorer's Jacket Khaki, Explorer's Jacket With Camera Khaki, and Explorer's Shorts Khaki are released.

Re-released

The Bamboo Floor Color Blue, Bamboo Wall Divider Color Green, Baseball Cap Reversed, Barrel Seat Color Green, Expedition Everest Boots, Explorer's Boots, Hina Tiki Pin, Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel Pin 2, Koro Tiki Pin, Mickey Beanie Blue, Mickey Sweater Blue, Minnie Beanie Red, Minnie Sweater Red, and WDW Animal Kingdom Lodge are re-released.

Newsletter
Yavn Speaks about Ned Shop Specials and President's Day
Esmeralda has some presidential trivia for the players
Ned talks about Magic and Chinese New Year hitting the shops
Event info talks about new quests coming to VMK
Top Players

iamabigdisfan –Heart to Heart

sugarbebe –Are You a True Magician (Game)

stories –Disney Friends Forever Quest

February 19th

Retired

The Bamboo Floor Color Blue, Bamboo Wall Divider Color Green, Baseball Cap Reversed, Barrel Seat Color Green, Expedition Everest Boots, Explorer's Boots, Hina Tiki Pin, Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel Pin 2, Koro Tiki Pin, Mickey Beanie Blue, Mickey Sweater Blue, Minnie Beanie Red, Minnie Sweater Red, and WDW Animal Kingdom Lodge, Baseball Cap, and Expedition Everest Cap are re-released.

February 22nd:
VMK's Magical Movie Moments: Part 1 Quest Released

Players can take part in VMK's Magical Movie Moments: Part 1 Quest and win themselves the Magic Show Marquee Poster Mickey A.

Room Makeover

HOST_Bella works some magic in RubyBrightEye's A Magician's Quest! room makeover

Thanks for reading and join us again next week as we remember VMK's past
Old 02-17-2009, 04:52 PM
Gone - Where I Am.
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Smilie Story: The Beach Participant Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's 
Total Awards: 10

My Mood: Adventurous
ElephantEthan is spinning in a Cursed Storm
2006: I didn't play.
2007: That's when me and my friends started to get noticed and everyone wanted to be our friend because we had on the "rare."
2008: I remember making a cotton flower using clouds and gumdrops for Valentine's day. I wanted to win but NO. XP

-sigh- Those were the days XD
Old 02-17-2009, 05:19 PM
gone with the wind.

My Mood: Annoyed
MissInformed is spinning in a Cursed Storm
-sniff- I loved that Epcot room. D= Lol, I remember I got like, 20 One-Use Dancing Inferno magic pins. xD
Old 02-17-2009, 09:39 PM
hmmm! (:
Awards Showcase
St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Trivia Winner Patriot 2010 Award Trivia Winner Happy Valentine's Day Trivia Winner Happy Holidays'09 Award 
Total Awards: 20

My Mood: Woah
Pink_Bink is covered with ConfettiPink_Bink is covered with ConfettiPink_Bink is covered with Confetti
The Epcot Entrance room was amazing. (:
I loved them. I also loved the starry carpets. :]
Old 02-17-2009, 10:16 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner Smilie Story: The Beach Winner Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Trivia Winner Mod Match Participant Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant 
Total Awards: 13

My Mood: Festive
TheMagicWithin has turned into a sparkling Pirate!TheMagicWithin has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
I remember how everyone was so angry when the flip hat was re-released.
Old 02-19-2009, 01:00 AM
A Girl in a waffle world!
Awards Showcase
Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Halloween '09 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 4

My Mood: VMK
CooAyegirl is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Good times, I used to love those times back in VMK. I can't believe the 2008's items were released a year ago! Now they've been retired.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:44 PM
Hugs and Pixie Dust
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Summer Party Winner's Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 
Total Awards: 24

My Mood: Pixieish
Jezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying around
B U M P !

Old 02-17-2011, 12:08 AM
VMK_Lion's #1 Fan!
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Halloween'11 Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 50

My Mood: Happy
MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Wow, I never commented on this week before. Anyway...

I was never around for this week in VMK because I was always on vacation, usually in WDW. I remember missing the train pin to my Everest pin collection. I loved the Epcot Entrance room, it was one of my favorites. Also, I remember the room makeovers, I thought the concept was quite dumb because people can accidentally clear the room or something, idk.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:03 PM
Hugs and Pixie Dust
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Summer Party Winner's Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 

Jezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying around
B U M P !

Old 02-22-2012, 10:25 AM
I iz lazy.
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Spooky Scribe Award Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 7

Blossomflower is Buried in TreasureBlossomflower is Buried in TreasureBlossomflower is Buried in Treasure
ah.. the princess set. good times....

i used to be a tiara wearer. i don't know why, because i'm really not into that stuff, but i thought the tiara was a nice accessory without being too distracting!

Old 02-16-2013, 06:51 PM
Hugs and Pixie Dust
Awards Showcase

B U M P!

Old 02-17-2013, 11:30 PM
I iz lazy.
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Spooky Scribe Award Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 7

Blossomflower is Buried in TreasureBlossomflower is Buried in TreasureBlossomflower is Buried in Treasure
ugh i was having a vmk nostalgia blast and ugh that epcot room makes me so sad ughhh