Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Site Content > News Articles > This week in VMK Archive

This week in VMK Archive no posting

Old This Week in VMK (February 2-8)

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 02-03-2009, 08:52 AM
Let's Motor
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award 
Total Awards: 20

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: Insomnious
UpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their head
This Week in VMK (February 2-8)

This Week in VMK!
February 2-8

Welcome to the latest installment of our new feature, This Week in VMK!
Take a peek into VMK's past as we remember some of the things that were happening...this week in VMK!

Click on the links to get more information from our VMK DOW wiki!

2006:

February 2nd:

Newsletter
Capture the Yeti Quest Announcement
VMK Profiles interview with VMK_Babs

February 3rd to 5th:

Capture the Yeti Quest

VMK holds the Capture the Yeti Quest held where players gather clues to find the hiding Yeti by visiting the other NPCs. Players submitted their answers on 5 February 2006 and the solution to the Yeti Quest was announced in the Newsletter 7 February 2006 and players who submitted the correct answer received a Snow Carpet.

February 3rd:

Released

The Everest 1 of 5 pin is released.

Re-released

The Aladdin's Flying Carpet Chair Blue, Huntsman's Heartless Hamper Chair Blue, Madame Leota's Table Color Blue, Haunted Mansion Rocking Chair Blue, Bamboo Floor Blue

February 6th:

Retired

The Everest 1 of 5 pin is retired.

February 7th:

Newsletter
Everest Month is here!
Sweet new Everest pins
Cooler rewards all month in our games!
Capture the Yeti Quest results
Everest Ride Competition
VMK Staff Profiles interview with VMK_Sunny

2007:

February 2nd:

The New Orleans Doubloons Pin and Feather Mask Blue are released.

Re-released

The Quest Kiosk, Heart Chair Red, and Heart Chair Magenta are re-released.

February 4th:

VMK Football Maze Event

Click the image to view the full version Click the image to view the full version

The VMK Football Maze was constructed to celebrate Super Bowl Sunday. Mazes were set up in different football themed rooms by the staff of VMK. When a player completed the maze, they were awarded the VMK Football 07 Pin.

February 5th:

Retired
Click the image to view the full version

The Football Guest Room, Football Helmet Blue, Football Player Shirt Blue, Football Player Pants Blue, Football Helmet Red, Football Player Shirt Red, Football Player Pants Red, Football Referee Hat, Football Referee Shirt, Football Referee Pants, Football Shoes, Spectator Bench, Football Randomizer, VMK Football Quest, VMK Football 07 Pin, and New Orleans Doubloons Pin are retired.

Newsletter
Yavn Speaks of February Fun days, Club 33, the removal of the in-park Fantasyland Quest, and VMK Racing Season
Event Info for February, fun days and racing days!
Tips on Quest Machines eating items, the Blue Bayou, Exits, and VMK Tickets and Passes
The Yeti talks about the Carousel of Progress
Push's Trivia pushes players to brush up on their Haunted Mansion knowledge
Top Players

patoto - The Perfect Day

Musicrocks - Future Rocks (Game)

CL_LittleDragonErin - Chain of Memories Quest

February 6th:

February Fun Days begin

On today, the first day of February Fun days, and every Tuesday for the rest of the month, the Haunted Mansion Ghost Chasers game awarded 10 points per ghost caught, instead of its usual 5. On Thursdays, the Castle Fireworks game awarded 1 credit for every 5 points scored, instead of 1 credit for every 10 points.

2008:

February 3rd:

Released

The VMK Bowl 2008 Pin is given out to each player when they logged in today.

Re-released

The Football First Down Marker is re-released.

February 4th:

Retired

The Football First Down Marker, VMK Bowl 2008 Pin, Cheerleader Top Pink, Cheerleader Skirt Pink, Cheerleader Shoes Pink, Football Helmet Teal, Football Player Shirt Teal, Football Player Pants Teal, Football Helmet Blue, Football Player Shirt Blue, Football Player Pants Blue, Football Helmet Red, Football Player Shirt Red, Football Player Pants Red, Football Referee Hat, Football Referee Shirt, Football Referee Pants, Football Shoes, and Spectator Bench are retired.

Newsletter
Esmeralda has some magical trivia for players
Ned tells everyone what is going on in the shops
Event info for February
Room Makeover
Monki-girl's Monkey Magic Show

Top Players
Cyre - Cinderella's Magical Carousel

SurfBlueDog - Choose the Curtain (Game)

HathowayB - Tiki Tiki Hula Dance Quest

Dateline Disney

1938: Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs is released in theaters.

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs

The first animated feature film to be released by Walt Disney and the first animated feature to be released in Technicolor.

Despite critics at the time that discounted the significance of the film (as it was an animated feature), Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs became an instant success and a timeless classic. Ultimately Snow White would pave the way for the future of animated films.

In 2008 the film celebrates it's 70th anniversary. A tribute to the film, "The Fairest One of All" can be seen at Disney's California Adventure in the Disney Animation attraction located in the Hollywood Pictures Backlot area.

February 5th:

Removed from Shop Button!

Flip Flops (Blue), Flip Flops (Purple), Flip Flops (Yellow), Flip Flops (Red), Flip Flops (Tan), Flip Flops (Slides) (Yellow), Jolly Roger T-Shirt (Black), Jolly Roger T-Shirt (Blue), Jolly Roger T-Shirt (Brown), Jolly Roger T-Shirt (Cyan), Jolly Roger T-Shirt (Dark Blue), Jolly Roger T-Shirt (Dark Gray), Jolly Roger T-Shirt (Dark Red), Jolly Roger T-Shirt (Gray), Jolly Roger T-Shirt (Light Brown), Jolly Roger T-Shirt (White), Jolly Roger Tank (Black), Jolly Roger Tank (Blue), Jolly Roger Tank (Brown), Jolly Roger Tank (Dark Red), Jolly Roger Tank (Gray), Jolly Roger Tank (Light Brown), Jolly Roger Tank (Light Blue), Jolly Roger Tank (Orange), Jolly Roger Tank (Red), and Jolly Roger Tank (Yellow) are removed from the shop button.

Retired
Click the image to view the full version Click the image to view the full version

The Blizzard Beach Guest Room, Football Guest Room, Tiki Tiki Tiki Guest Room, Typhoon Lagoon Guest Room, Baseball Pants Blue, Baseball Shirt Blue, Baseball shoes, Black Flip Flops, Blizzard Ski Chair Yellow, Cheerleader Shoes Blue, Cheerleader Skirt Blue, Cheerleader Top Blue, Expedition Everest Jacket, Frozen Palm Tree Chair Blue, Frozen Palm Tree Chair Yellow, Glass Slipper Seat Color Blue, Glass Slipper Seat Color Red, Hong Kong Ship Chair Blue, Hong Kong T-Shirt Blue, Raft Couch, Pirate Player Piano Color Green, Wildcat Sweat Pants White, Wildcat Sweat Jacket White, Wildcat Sneakers White are retired.

Thanks for reading and join us again next week as we remember VMK's past
Old 02-03-2009, 02:39 PM
TR2N Are You Ready?
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Spooky Scribe Award Halloween '09 Award Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 13

Destination has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Destination has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Awww, I remember all of that stuff.

I remember trying so hard all day to get my last few credits to get the quest machine. And I got the last 6,000 I needed from a trade and then I got the machine about 10 minutes before VMK closed for the night
Old 02-03-2009, 08:22 PM
VMK_Lion's #1 Fan!
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Halloween'11 Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 50

My Mood: Happy
MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
2006: Everest month=best month ever!
2007: I remember the mardi gras items.
2008: I remember all those items were removed from stores. There were lots of threads about it. And the superbowl event, I remember that day so well, it was fun!
Old 02-03-2009, 09:46 PM
hmmm! (:
Awards Showcase
St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Trivia Winner Patriot 2010 Award Trivia Winner Happy Valentine's Day Trivia Winner Happy Holidays'09 Award 

My Mood: Woah
Pink_Bink is covered with ConfettiPink_Bink is covered with ConfettiPink_Bink is covered with Confetti
The blue carpet chair was my absolute favorite item in all of VMK!
I remember the superbowl last year when Hurry came into one of my friends room and gave us the First Down Markers. (:
Old 02-03-2009, 10:16 PM
Be cool by being yourself
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Your Favorite Attraction Award Spooky Scribe Award Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Winners Award Trivia Winner 
Total Awards: 14

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: Cool
ccooldudecool is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I really,really remember the everest month, that was AWESOME
Old 02-07-2009, 02:53 AM
Mars the Fandox
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant Gumshoe Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 6

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: Fluffy
la4gator is spinning in a Cursed Storm
oh yeah the yeti. That was really cool. Everest Month
Old 02-07-2009, 03:53 AM
.hola.
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 
Total Awards: 4

Born In Park
My Mood: Amuzed
MinnieMForever is as Frosty as a Snowman
Everest Month was one of my favorite months in VMK! I think that the VMK Room Makeover idea was great, the rooms turned out wonderful! It also seems that each month that passed in VMK, the Best Guest Room, Game, and Quests were becoming better than before.

I found it quite exciting to see what a VMK member was going to come up with next!

~Earth
Old 02-03-2010, 09:19 AM
Let's Motor
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award 

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: Insomnious
UpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their head
Bump!
Old 02-03-2010, 10:06 PM
Missing VMK
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Your Favorite Attraction Award Happy Valentine's Day Guess the Picture Winner's Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 11

VIP
My Mood: PinkFlips
Ms.PrincessLucy is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Those rooms were awesome!
And I remember the Football Maze Event
Old 02-04-2010, 11:40 PM
VMK_Lion's #1 Fan!
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Halloween'11 Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 50

MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLKnCookies View Post
2006: Everest month=best month ever!
2007: I remember the mardi gras items.
2008: I remember all those items were removed from stores. There were lots of threads about it. And the superbowl event, I remember that day so well, it was fun!
I would like to continue this post saying that this is now a sad week considering events that occurred last year. (If you noticed who won best quest).
Old 02-07-2010, 03:25 AM
Still miss VMK
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award 2010 Holiday Award Caption Contest Winner's Award Patriot 2010 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Crossword Puzzle Participant's Award Your Favorite Attraction Award 
Total Awards: 22

Noelle is floating through Inner Space
I know Ironically, it's called the Chain of Memories Quest.
Old 02-07-2010, 05:04 AM
The Disney Otaku
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 2010 Your Favorite Attraction Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Spooky Scribe Award Design a Pin Winner's Award Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 13

My Mood: Asleep
SoraStarChan is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Ah~ good times I love that snow carpet!

Signature by Skrik
Old 02-02-2011, 06:36 PM
Hugs and Pixie Dust
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Summer Party Winner's Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 
Total Awards: 24

My Mood: Pixieish
Jezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying around
B U M P

Old 02-02-2011, 08:52 PM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
The superbowl rooms were so intense. It was definitely fun to hang out in them during the superbowl.
Old 02-03-2011, 11:37 PM
The Greatest Disney Fan!!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: SaveVMK
Rodolfito ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
I miss vmk!!!!1111