Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Magic Kingdoms > Walt Disney World

Walt Disney World I went to Florida and all I got was this stupid T-shirt with a mouse on it...

Old Resortss!

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 03-04-2009, 10:07 PM
sugarlandconcert♥
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Halloween '09 Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Mod Match Participant 
Total Awards: 15

My Mood: Creative
taylorswiftfan13 has Fireworks shooting off over their headtaylorswiftfan13 has Fireworks shooting off over their headtaylorswiftfan13 has Fireworks shooting off over their headtaylorswiftfan13 has Fireworks shooting off over their headtaylorswiftfan13 has Fireworks shooting off over their head
Resortss!

I know this is uberr early,
but we are going to WDW next year xD
Haha, already making plans ;D
We have been thinking about what resorts we want to stay at.
These are what we've narrowed it down to
and I want your opinions on where we should stay.
-Boardwalk
**Personally, this is where I want to stay. When we were just going by it looked so cool and like so much fun.**
-Beach Club
**I think this is my mom's top choice**
-Yacht Club
-Swan and Dolphin
**I do not want to stay here, but my mom says it should be on our list. I want to stay somewhere with a Disney atmosphere, and this just seems more "convention".**

Last edited by taylorswiftfan13; 03-04-2009 at 10:27 PM.. Reason: forgot something
Old 03-04-2009, 10:22 PM
Glitter = LoVe!
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Trivia Winner Mod Match Participant Happy St. Patrick's Day 
Total Awards: 14

Born In Park Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: PinkFlips
Pinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
I've stay at all of them and <3 them all. PLUS! You can take a boat and or walk to EPCOT and MGM.

The boardwalk is good if you like entertainment. Nice food and nice place. LOL! Lots of shops and they have an Amazing Bakery!

Beach club is my all-time fav! They have the BEST pool i've ever been to and you can only go to it if ur staying there. The have a marketplace that is really nice for breakfast but it get busy. They have a lot of pool side entertainment too! It is the closest to EPCOT.

The Yacht club is just like the beach club but its more classy. It more for like older people then the beach club. The Beach club and Yacht club share the same pool area and entertainment. But Yacht club has better food!

The Swan and Dolphin is okay. I haven't stayed there in awhile. It is closer to Hollywood studios then to EPCOT. I heard they have a Starbucks in it but I've never looked for it ( Yet. ) The hotel is not actually owned by Disney and if you are planning to take the Magic express to it, it cost money when all the other resorts are free.

Hoped this helped!
Old 03-04-2009, 10:24 PM
WDW lover :)
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

My Mood: Disney
GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Out of those, I'd stay at the boardwalk.

But, I would rather stay at Port Orleans French Quarter.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:33 PM
sugarlandconcert♥
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Halloween '09 Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Mod Match Participant 

taylorswiftfan13 has Fireworks shooting off over their headtaylorswiftfan13 has Fireworks shooting off over their headtaylorswiftfan13 has Fireworks shooting off over their headtaylorswiftfan13 has Fireworks shooting off over their headtaylorswiftfan13 has Fireworks shooting off over their head
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkglitter View Post
I've stay at all of them and <3 them all. PLUS! You can take a boat and or walk to EPCOT and MGM.

The boardwalk is good if you like entertainment. Nice food and nice place. LOL! Lots of shops and they have an Amazing Bakery!

Beach club is my all-time fav! They have the BEST pool i've ever been to and you can only go to it if ur staying there. The have a marketplace that is really nice for breakfast but it get busy. They have a lot of pool side entertainment too! It is the closest to EPCOT.

The Yacht club is just like the beach club but its more classy. It more for like older people then the beach club. The Beach club and Yacht club share the same pool area and entertainment. But Yacht club has better food!

The Swan and Dolphin is okay. I haven't stayed there in awhile. It is closer to Hollywood studios then to EPCOT. I heard they have a Starbucks in it but I've never looked for it ( Yet. ) The hotel is not actually owned by Disney and if you are planning to take the Magic express to it, it cost money when all the other resorts are free.

Hoped this helped!
Thanks so much glitter ;D
Boardwalk-Ooh I love shopping and that bakery sounds good xD
Beach Club-Yeah, that's what my mom heard about the pool. Is it true there's sand at the bottom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodPolarGirl View Post
Out of those, I'd stay at the boardwalk.

But, I would rather stay at Port Orleans French Quarter.
Port Orleans was one of our choices the first time we went, I think.
But we chose Caribbean Beach instead, but i think Port Orleans would be cool too.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:45 PM
Glitter = LoVe!
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Trivia Winner Mod Match Participant Happy St. Patrick's Day 
Total Awards: 14

My Mood: PinkFlips
Pinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorswiftfan13;2155631[FONT=Century Gothic
Is it true there's sand at the bottom?[/FONT]
Yup! And Sinking sand if your lucky! They had it then they took it away. Then last time I went it was there so It might be there.
Old 03-04-2009, 11:04 PM
Official Disney Princess!
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 3

Born In Park
DisneyDesi is spinning in a Cursed Storm
What me and my mom are planning to do when we go is the Fort Wilderness Cabins. Some people don't know about them yet but they were considered a best kept secret! THye are cute little cabins that can hold about 6 people. Plus around the cabins is horseback riding, Swimming, Arcade, Bay Lake Beach, Fishing, Bike riding, and all the fun stuff you could imagine! But if your not a camping kind of girl then maybe not.

P.S It's not like real camping like making a fire. It's like a hotel room in a cabin!

Hope that helps!

Credit goes to Friez! Iloveit Thanks!
Old 03-04-2009, 11:23 PM
sugarlandconcert♥
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessTiny View Post
What me and my mom are planning to do when we go is the Fort Wilderness Cabins. Some people don't know about them yet but they were considered a best kept secret! THye are cute little cabins that can hold about 6 people. Plus around the cabins is horseback riding, Swimming, Arcade, Bay Lake Beach, Fishing, Bike riding, and all the fun stuff you could imagine! But if your not a camping kind of girl then maybe not.

P.S It's not like real camping like making a fire. It's like a hotel room in a cabin!

Hope that helps!
Thanks Tiny(:
Yeah, last year we stayed at Wilderness Lodge and we saw part of Fort Wilderness.
Our family isn't really camping people, even though I know it's not real camping.
We would rather stay in a more of a resort than that.
Thanks though!
Old 03-04-2009, 11:29 PM
Official Disney Princess!
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 3

Born In Park
DisneyDesi is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Your welcome! I in my opinion would stay at Beach Club! I have heard it has a BEYOND belief swimming pool... But it is your trip!

Credit goes to Friez! Iloveit Thanks!
Old 03-05-2009, 12:28 AM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
Boardwalk, It has so much to do so if your at the resort and you don't feel like going to the parks you can shop or do whatever.

Yacht and Beach Club, they have an amazing pool, but if you don't plan on spending much time swimming I don't see a reason to pay the extra money to stay there.

Swan and Dolphin, I honestly know nothing abouut this one. Sorry

Their are a few downsides of staying at an Epcot resort. One is the boats are incredible slow and have horrible schedules. We waited 20 mintues for a boat, and we finally decided to walk. We ended up getting to our destination before the boat even got to where we started. Second, you have to share buses and boats with all of the Epcot resorts. So don't expect to sit much on the transportation(in case you have litte ones coming along)

I personally would rather stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge, because frankly the entire hotel is breathtaking. Although, this is your family vacation, so stay where you think your entire family would be happiest.
Old 03-05-2009, 02:08 AM
Too lazy to post
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Crossword Puzzle Participant's Award Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Your Favorite Attraction Award Happy Valentine's Day 
Total Awards: 24

My Mood: Busy
Pisces has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Pisces has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
:o For some reason, my favourite resort was Shades of Green, even though there wasn't all that much to do there... But it was really nice... Although now that I think of it, it was a government resort :\ So I guess I can't really recommend it...

:O I haven't been to many other resorts (I haven't gone many times, and, until recently, my family would stay with my aunt) although I have heard great things about the Boardwalk and Beach Club... And I've never found much swimming time at WDW, so I'd say that the Boardwalk sounds better...
Old 03-06-2009, 12:52 AM
Farewell VMK&amp;amp;All Who Play
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Patriot 2010 Award Guess the Picture Participation Award 
Total Awards: 17

VIP
My Mood: Supercal
Adventurebry has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundAdventurebry has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundAdventurebry has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundAdventurebry has turned into a Bat and is flying around
naimal Kingdom Lodge, no doubt. Boma is the best XD.

Sig made by Sushi--Adventurebry/AlphaPanchito RIP 2005-2008
Old 03-06-2009, 02:11 AM
I'm cool...
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Patriot 2009 Award Mod Match Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Trivia Winner 
Total Awards: 6

My Mood: VMK
Aggie is floating through Inner Space
I would choose the Caribbean resort
Old 03-06-2009, 03:52 AM
sugarlandconcert♥
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisces View Post
:o For some reason, my favourite resort was Shades of Green, even though there wasn't all that much to do there... But it was really nice... Although now that I think of it, it was a government resort :\ So I guess I can't really recommend it...

:O I haven't been to many other resorts (I haven't gone many times, and, until recently, my family would stay with my aunt) although I have heard great things about the Boardwalk and Beach Club... And I've never found much swimming time at WDW, so I'd say that the Boardwalk sounds better...
Yeah, I can't stay at Shades of Green,
my parents don't work for the government.
Actually, when we go to WDW, my sister and I swam every day.
We usually come back from the parks in the middle of the afternoon for a break from the parks and that's usually when we go swimming
and go back to the parks later that night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventurebry View Post
naimal Kingdom Lodge, no doubt. Boma is the best XD.
Animal Kingdom Lodge does sound really amazing,
but it's just not something that we really want to stay at this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggie View Post
I would choose the Caribbean resort
We stayed there the first time
and we want to try different places(:
Old 08-30-2009, 04:22 AM
Ask For My WDW Videos.
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

Facnyface is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorswiftfan13 View Post
I know this is uberr early,
but we are going to WDW next year xD
Haha, already making plans ;D
We have been thinking about what resorts we want to stay at.
These are what we've narrowed it down to
and I want your opinions on where we should stay.
-Boardwalk
**Personally, this is where I want to stay. When we were just going by it looked so cool and like so much fun.**
-Beach Club
**I think this is my mom's top choice**
-Yacht Club
-Swan and Dolphin
**I do not want to stay here, but my mom says it should be on our list. I want to stay somewhere with a Disney atmosphere, and this just seems more "convention".**
If you want I can aquire some Photos/Video of any resort of your chooseing.