Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Disney Fan Club > Disney Gossip > Disney Gossip Archive

Disney Gossip Archive Disney Gossip archive

Old Secrets of your favorite rides

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 06-06-2006, 11:57 PM
fourms, pez collector
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

PezDude is as Frosty as a Snowman
Secrets of your favorite rides

Tell me your favorite rides, and ill tell you secrets you may not have know, i started on about POTC in another thread already
Old 06-07-2006, 01:44 AM
There's always something.
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Super Donation Award 
Total Awards: 2

Born In Park VIP
Chaelle is covered with ConfettiChaelle is covered with ConfettiChaelle is covered with Confetti
Tot and haunted mansion
I know alot of secrets of these rides but I was sworn to secrecy not to share any of them lol.
What secrets do you have?
~Chae
Old 06-07-2006, 02:03 AM
Registered+

Astrogerbil is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Woot!!

My favorite rides are space mountain , splash mountain and Stitch's Great escape.those are my favs in magic kingdom WDW
Old 06-07-2006, 04:22 AM
Vmk name:HapiOla

keola123456 ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
mines are the matterhorn and the haunted mansion
Old 06-07-2006, 04:25 AM
:P

My Mood: Awkward
Shadw_Horse is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Stich's great escape and Space Mountain
Old 06-07-2006, 12:56 PM
fourms, pez collector
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

PezDude is as Frosty as a Snowman
http://www.oitc.com/Disney/Secrets.html

^so as not to say im stealing, because it says anyone can use, im also putting it in my own words!!!

Matterhorn

1.When Disneyland first opened the Matterhorn wasn't there. It was just a patch of orange trees

2. They acctully climb the Matterhorn in the park :p

3.Before Matterhorn opened, Walt took it for a spin. Since the ride was not yet completed workers piled some hay at the end to stop the ride. Walt liked the the feeling of way he collided with the hay so much he made the ride end to the same effect as the hay. ( Hay thats cool lol)

4.There are Hidden Turtles in the Matterhorn

5.There is a basketball court in the top of the Matterhorn (there's a room up there that's about a half-court big). The climbers who used to scale the Matterhorn took their breaks there. (hopefully theres a janitor elevator)

6. (not me) On a recent visit to Disneyland, the Matterhorn broke down. My family and I were stuck near the top for about 5 minutes. When the cast members arrived to evacuate us they let us take this rare picture of the snow man. He's wearing my son's hat! If you ever get stuck on that ride, know that the cast members are great and are willing to do almost anything for you (It's such a rare pleasure
Old 06-10-2006, 01:35 AM
Registered+

Bestpatriots is spinning in a Cursed Storm
oh oh Jungle cruise and Space mountain
Old 06-10-2006, 01:41 AM
There's always something.
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Super Donation Award 
Total Awards: 2

Born In Park VIP
Chaelle is covered with ConfettiChaelle is covered with ConfettiChaelle is covered with Confetti
Well here is one,
When they have the parade at night in the Magic Kingdom, go to all of the busy rides. Mostly everyone will be at the parade so you won't have to wait in line at all of your favorite rides! My favorite to go on is Splash Mountain then dry off by riding BTM 10 times.
~Chæ
Old 06-19-2006, 02:21 AM
Heh o_o

Coopergirl is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Minuteman116

4.There are Hidden Turtles in the Matterhorn

uh... turtles? i guess i didn't look close enough lol
Old 06-19-2006, 02:33 AM
:[:()]

Silverstream is spinning in a Cursed Storm
oh oh oh i love test track
Old 06-19-2006, 03:20 AM
thats right..i went there

bravewolverine is spinning in a Cursed Storm
sweet

Rockn roller coaster
Old 06-19-2006, 02:39 PM
Noise amongst the static
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Signature Donation Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: SaveVMK
LordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying around
On Tower of Terror in DCA, the "Mirror" Isn't actually a functioning mirror. It's a window. Behind the window is a replica of the lift you are riding in. I believe the way they project your "reflection" onto the "mirror" is similar to the flashing window in the Star Tours Queue. (At the end of the matinence bay, you walk past a drumstick droid, and before you enter the turnstile, there is a window to your right being crazy.
Old 06-19-2006, 07:01 PM
Hit it Skip

TheCoasterNut is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordIllidan
On Tower of Terror in DCA, the "Mirror" Isn't actually a functioning mirror. It's a window. Behind the window is a replica of the lift you are riding in. I believe the way they project your "reflection" onto the "mirror" is similar to the flashing window in the Star Tours Queue. (At the end of the matinence bay, you walk past a drumstick droid, and before you enter the turnstile, there is a window to your right being crazy.
I'm not sure if I understand your explination of how you think that it works. . .

Personally I believe that it is a one way glass that first allows you to see yourself, then the lights are dimmed so that the projection on the other side of the glass can be seen. Like many amazing things both at the parks, and in real life, they have simple solutions that work.
Old 06-20-2006, 03:30 PM
Noise amongst the static
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Signature Donation Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: SaveVMK
LordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCoasterNut
I'm not sure if I understand your explination of how you think that it works. . .

Personally I believe that it is a one way glass that first allows you to see yourself, then the lights are dimmed so that the projection on the other side of the glass can be seen. Like many amazing things both at the parks, and in real life, they have simple solutions that work.
Oh, my bad XD. I was in a bit of a rush when I posted that.

Let me Reexplain:

The way I've been told, the "Mirror" is a window equipped with an LCD (possibly LEDs, if I got my abbreviations confused XD), which displays your "reflection," which is really a video feed of yourself. Behind that is a replica of one of the lift cars. You can tell because, supposedly, a rather stupid guest threw something at one of the mirrors, so there is a hole in the corner where you can see through to the replica. Then, as "lightning" surges through the mirror, they use a green-screen effect to make your "reflections" become all blue and shiny-like, then disappear.

I don't know, that's simply what I've been told.
Old 06-20-2006, 05:30 PM
<-Ask me for one of these

CarribbeanLady is spinning in a Cursed Storm
My gosh this stuff is so hard to understand!I heard the Tower of terror is not only an elevator that can go up it can go forward and back too!It has little wheels on the bottom of the elevator. There is little tracks on the floor that they connect to with magnets I think. I also heard that Rockin Roller Coaster has speakers not only on the headrests but on your seats as well (where your...umm...uh butt go's).Another thing I heard was that the Dinosaur cars run along a track but its a smooth track no bumps.So why do we move around like crazy monkeys on it every time?It is beacause the top of the car(meaning not the wheels)is moving. They have it made by computer to tell the car where to tip and when to move. That's all I remember but if you search your ride secrets on the internet then it will come up with a lot of stuff.Its pretty cool once you think about it!Lets all thank the Imagineers for such cool stuff!

Made it myself!