Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Disney Fan Club > Disney Gossip > Disney Gossip Archive

Disney Gossip Archive Disney Gossip archive

Old I've just aquired that a new ride may be coming to wdw in 2008!

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 06-15-2006, 11:03 PM
Banned

Oranges has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundOranges has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundOranges has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Quote:
Originally Posted by Middiebear
Just a little update:

"15 June 2006: Who Wants to be a Millionaire closing

Who Wants to be a Millionaire, which is currently occupying most of the soundstages, is closing August 19th 2006. Whilst no new attraction is officially confirmed, this news lends weight to the possibility of the new attraction detailed below in the 7 June update becoming a reality."

Source: WDWMagic.com

So it appears "Midway Mania/Madness" for Disney-MGM Studios will come to fruition after all...

Any new rides at Disney-MGM Studios I'm up for..., but I'm also really sad to hear that "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire Play It!" will be closing... I thought that attraction was really fun...

It also doesn't appear that a new attraction will open in its place until after Disney's "Year of a Million Dreams" celebration... Coinciding with the 2008 opening prediction...

NO!! Why can't they take out Playhouse Disney or something that people don't visit. I loved WWTBAM! By the way, what is Midway Mania?

~fo
Old 06-15-2006, 11:03 PM
Friend of Daisy Buchanan

GreatGatsby has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundGreatGatsby has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundGreatGatsby has turned into a Bat and is flying around
As a side not, this new attraction will probably not be the DLR Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Eye. There are two reasons for this.

1) WDW already has this attraction, but it's called "Dinosaur." Same track, same layout, and almost the same cars. Only the sets are different.

2) John Lasseter, who's pretty much running Imagineering now, has been vocal about not duplicating as many attractions from park to park as Disney did during the Eisner years. This makes it more likely the new attraction will be a new attraction.
Old 06-15-2006, 11:12 PM
<-My Walt Disney World

Middiebear is covered with ConfettiMiddiebear is covered with ConfettiMiddiebear is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by CL_Florida Oranges
NO!! Why can't they take out Playhouse Disney or something that people don't visit. I loved WWTBAM! By the way, what is Midway Mania?

~fo

I feel your pain...

"Midway Mania/Madness" is similar to "Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin" at Magic Kingdom's Tomorrowland... But more along the lines of "Men In Black" at Universal Studios...

It sounds fun, but I still think Disney could have picked a better location...
Old 06-16-2006, 02:01 AM
On The Air!™

figmentisback is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Midway madness is a strange concept.. but to take over 2-3 soundstages.. Come on! A attraction similar to buzz ranger spin, which is being built at DCA at the same time.. (Clones?? Why clone!? let DCA have their version, and let us have original ride!)

think of it being strange... involving toy story characters.. other than buzz...

Back to planning how to get into imagineering and destroy the cloning machine for bad concepts.. or concepts made for one park that dont belong in another...

I wouldn't mind this built over near sounds dangerous... -listens for people complaining-
Old 06-17-2006, 12:53 PM
Secrets of the VMK member

ACEROLLER is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:
Originally Posted by figmentisback
Midway madness is a strange concept.. but to take over 2-3 soundstages.. Come on! A attraction similar to buzz ranger spin, which is being built at DCA at the same time.. (Clones?? Why clone!? let DCA have their version, and let us have original ride!)

think of it being strange... involving toy story characters.. other than buzz...

Back to planning how to get into imagineering and destroy the cloning machine for bad concepts.. or concepts made for one park that dont belong in another...

I wouldn't mind this built over near sounds dangerous... -listens for people complaining-
I agree the concept anyway sounds like a really weird idea puls it is another buzz lightyear. I am hoping for a star tours 2 or Indiana Jones ride rather than this Midway maddness. I think they shoud start with those first then work their way to the sound stages. Just my on what WDW should do about this soundstage.