Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Other Games > Other G Rated Games > Other Games Archive

Other Games Archive Other Games Archive

Old Bytes MMORPG

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 05-02-2008, 10:30 PM
BUNNIES.
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

AstroAcer is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Bytes MMORPG

IMPORTANT! I did not know if I mentioned this enough. Bytes: MMORPG will be a DOWNLOAD ONLY game.

Some of you may have seen Cruben's "Become an MMORPG Staff Member!" thread. This is that MMORPG! But before I continue, I would like to note that we are still organizing our staff and beta testers; so don't despair if we haven't PMed you yet.

The MMORPG will be called "Bytes MMORPG", or Bytes for short. It will by a diverse game, involving combat, exploration, questing, puzzles, mini-games, shopping, and more. It will appeal both to those who want to mash monsters and to those who want collect costumes. The game will involve as little grinding as possible; to let players enjoy the game without the constant repetition of an action.

You will play as a byte, a funny looking humanoid that loves to have fun and make friends. Bytes love treasure, too, and are known to do anything to get some! A byte may even have to fight through hordes of Scribbles to get a tiny piece of treasure. Aside from the busy life of adventuring, bytes enjoy relaxing as well. They love to play friendly (and not so friendly) mini-games that test their reflexes and brain-power!

Excited yet? Keep reading! Here is a list of the features we plan on putting into the game:
  • Customizable character; from your hair to your color!
  • A wide variety of clothing items and combat gear to wear.
  • Many weapons to wield as well as fun items to mess around with.
  • Several mini-games. Capture the flag, racing, memory games, its all here!
  • A vast variety of monsters to fight, and their dungeons to conquer.
  • An always-expanding world for your byte to explore.
  • Opportunities to team up and fight (or explore) alongside your best buddies!
  • A large friends list so that you can keep in touch with your pals.
  • It is family friendly. There is fighting involved, but there is no blood or gore and it is cartoon violence.
  • And much more!
I hope that that information wets your appetite for now! I'd like to explain why we're attempting to make this game before I go on.

Cruben (the co-creator of Bytes MMORPG) and I, love to design and create games together. We've known each other for a long time and have always wanted to make an MMORPG. Now we are! You may be thinking, "They're just in it for the money!". The game is 100% FREE! We will have ads to support the game, however we are not looking for any profit whatsoever. This game is for ours, and your enjoyment.

I hope that you've learned enough about this game to become interested in joining! Sadly, right now we can't accept members because the game is still under development. But be on the lookout for Bytes MMORPG throughout the summer! I will have the website for Bytes MMORPG up within the next month.

I will post pictures of concepts, in-game beta content, and more as time goes on. Keep on checking this thread for more information!

Please post your comments, questions, etc. etc. about the game.

cjm
Co-Creator & Lead Designer of Bytes MMORPG

Last edited by AstroAcer; 05-23-2008 at 10:09 PM..
Old 05-02-2008, 10:36 PM
Registered+

Lost_Yet_Found is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Hmm i like the name of the game, i would love to see in-game but i can wait as it sounds great How many mini games and how many monsters will there be to start off with though? I really hope this works out and you can find enough ads to support your game as the cost wont be cheap but im sure it will work out and many people will sign up

PS im glad the recruitment went well and that you have enough people signed up
Old 05-02-2008, 10:41 PM
BUNNIES.
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost_Yet_Found View Post
Hmm i like the name of the game, i would love to see in-game but i can wait as it sounds great How many mini games and how many monsters will there be to start off with though? I really hope this works out and you can find enough ads to support your game as the cost wont be cheap but im sure it will work out and many people will sign p
I can't wait to see in-game, either. Cruben is still touching up the movement system and I've been designing the Scribbles. We will start off with a few types of monsters to roam around; your basic wild animals. There will be one main species of monster and one main dungeon to start it out. The monsters are called Scribbles, and all I can really tell you about them is that they appear to be sketches of various shapes and sizes. Their dungeon will feature several puzzles and a boss with great loot in store for those who attempt to beat it. I will post a picture of them later.

There will be one mini-game to start. I'm thinking the CTF game or racing.

Last edited by AstroAcer; 05-03-2008 at 04:09 PM..
Old 05-02-2008, 11:00 PM
I Am Jaekizzle In VMK

SuperJaekizzle is spinning in a Cursed Storm
This looks like a very interesting game. I can't wait to see how it turns out. Good like to you guys on the Bytes MMORPG
Old 05-02-2008, 11:03 PM
BUNNIES.
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJaekizzle View Post
This looks like a very interesting game. I can't wait to see how it turns out. Good like to you guys on the Bytes MMORPG
Thanks. Do you mean good luck? If you do, thanks.

Last edited by AstroAcer; 05-03-2008 at 04:09 PM..
Old 05-02-2008, 11:05 PM
I Am Jaekizzle In VMK

SuperJaekizzle is spinning in a Cursed Storm
oops, did I say like? LOL im so weird. yes i meant good lucky.
Old 05-02-2008, 11:11 PM
BUNNIES.
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJaekizzle View Post
oops, did I say like? LOL im so weird. yes i meant good lucky.
Haha, okay. Thanks.
Old 05-02-2008, 11:35 PM
©

Cruben is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I have actually already made a level editor that tests different movement techniques, terrain building, etc. I could release it to testers but it might lag their computers when the player is enabled. If I do get a fast version made, I will give it to Astro to distribute.
Old 05-02-2008, 11:58 PM
Registered+

Lost_Yet_Found is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Aww id like to get on even if it lags my comp up I cant wait lol. But lets hope ya can make a faster version and i was wondering What the dictionary would be like on Bytes. Would it have blocks, will you have to ask for words to be added ect Just wondering how it will work Best of luck and thanks for making the game though
Old 05-03-2008, 12:33 AM
©

As far as I know, you can say whatever you want. We will still have word filters though. Might want to ask AstroAcer what he had in mind.
Old 05-03-2008, 12:35 AM
Im Still Active! XD

Wondermanforever is as Frosty as a Snowman
Woot i cant wait to actually test the game for you guys! it seems really fun! :]
Old 05-03-2008, 12:37 AM
Go Giants! 11-2
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: Woot
Cools is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Hey, I was selected as a tester but never received a link, or make an account, or anything?

What's the deal??

~€00L$
Old 05-03-2008, 12:45 AM
©

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cools View Post
Hey, I was selected as a tester but never received a link, or make an account, or anything?

What's the deal??

~€00L$
Thats because we have not finished the testing version.
Old 05-03-2008, 12:47 AM
Trader

My Mood: Adventurous
puchisana is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I would like to be staff ¨¨
Old 05-03-2008, 12:48 AM
Go Giants! 11-2
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: Woot
Cools is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Oh,... someone told me they were in the testing and signed up.. So I was wondering why I didn't (: 'Cause we're both beta testers.

~€00L$