Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > Project: SAVE VMK!

Project: SAVE VMK! General Discussion about VMK closing!

Old vmk open in october??

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 07-29-2008, 12:20 PM
Why So Serious?

Born In Park Here Since Day 1 VIP
thundurga is spinning in a Cursed Storm
As i have said a million times over in these types of threads, Disney is not going to let us just have it back. I have always been a huge fan of Disney but, they will do anything to make their wallet thicker.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:27 PM
Dizzydesi

My Mood: Adventurous
dizzydesik12 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I thought thats what disney was there for was money.
Old 07-30-2008, 01:01 AM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinxtheblackrose View Post
i feel we should stop with all the rumors you are getting people happy for no reason...its not coming back and if it ever did we would of lost all our vmk people and money and stuff, its just sad ik but we must move on. sorry.

R.I.P vmk. <3
What's wrong with the rumors making them happy? If it makes them forget about the pain of vmk closing what's wrong with it? Who cares if you lose your virtual money and stuff, I would give up all of my virtual stuff to have vmk back?
Old 07-30-2008, 02:28 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 2010 Guess the Picture Winner's Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Participant Award VMK Memories Award 
Total Awards: 6

My Mood: Loopy
BlueWalker is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Wow, the VMK may reopen!?! It's my online fantasy world!!! Please keep me updated I made some really good friends in that world... ' (, ' and it's the only place my faces come out right, lol
Old 07-30-2008, 02:30 AM
Star Wars rocks!!
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: Pwness
IceManFan is as Frosty as a Snowman
I have heard so many rumors about this and I believe VMK isn't coming back.

Roxas Rocks!
Old 07-30-2008, 04:58 AM
:Dough..

My Mood: Curmudgeon
lol is spinning in a Cursed Storm
As much as I want to join in on the "Quit spreading rumors that get our hopes up, And then crush us with the sad, Sick thing called reality," Speech, I'll say this first.

For those of you who don't want to hear that "This company quit on Disney"
and "This company isn't there anymore, But still!" that, I have another bit of information.

While the rumors about Vmk returning, Are extremely unlikely, Drifting around many places is this one.

Quote:
"While Virtual Magical Kingdom was managed by two companies, One had quit the game, Due to the lack of profit.
While Disney believed that charging for such games would not be right, The other company believed otherwise.
Disney, Who owned most of the rights to VMK, Did not delete the game data base, Or any character information.
Disney has searched for another company to partner with, Due to the need of continuesly working members, One has been found, Upon which believes in fairness.
Virtual Magical Kingdom will return in the next few months, Hopefully by September or October of 2008, Or the New Year of 2009 if planning does not proceed in a timely fashion.
All characers/information will be returned to the state upon which they where the day Vmk shut down.
I for one hope that's not a load lies that we're being fed, But I still remain pessamistic about how things would go, If this indeed remained true.

Siggi Picture made by .:Blue:.
:3
Old 07-31-2008, 12:09 AM
Dizzydesi

Who knows if its coming back, but its really hard cause u dont want to get your hopes up and them crash when it doesn't come back
Old 08-01-2008, 08:54 PM
Registered+

JEDIYODA is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Post VMK's Closed...Or...Maybe Not?

JEDIYODA speaking here about VMK.

(Please keep in mind that these are extremly strong rumors.)

Disney's Virtual Magic Kingdom closed their virtual gates for the last time on May 21, 2008 (10:00 P.M. est.) or... maybe not the last time?

An extremely strong rumor has it that VMK is reopening the kingdom. Their scheduled date for the reopening is October 24, 2008. Disney stopped giving responses to messages sent to them regarding Disney. You will not be able to have the same items. There will also be different staff. Most of the staff and hosts are now rumored to be playing as staff for another game. Luckily, yavn is staying strong. Hopefully, just maybe, VMK will open their gates once more.

~An original JEDIYODA post.

Last edited by TopazR; 08-01-2008 at 09:02 PM.. Reason: advertising
Old 08-01-2008, 10:15 PM
Now bring me that horizon
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: Scurvy
cooliomoviefan is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Im not getting my hopes up at all.
I just hope that IF it reopens that its not pay to play (otherwise i dont think i can, parents wouldnt like it at all) and that our stuff is still there.. if not i would be really mad @_@.
well yeah... ill keep a weathered eye on it

My tremendous intuitive sense of the female creature informs me that you are troubled.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:33 PM
iMagician

Iwannaplayvmk is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Guess what? VMK closed....Sad right....People think that it would close...Yeah okay we dont have confidence....

GET OVER IT! VMK IS COMING BACK!

a website says
The real reason is....too many people are joing VMK so they had to close it down re-do it....(but they saved your characters) and make it where people can't join anymore...

People say the rumor....
VMK is coming back on October....sure....it may but dont you think someone made that up? If not then OMG! I'm getting back on....But this concerns me....Then haveto come back becuase if they dont alot of people will cuzz them out dont you think? I mean there's people with alot of rare...

It also says on the website- www.vmk.com

It says:VMK launched as a part of the Disneyland 50th Celebration and is now closed. Disney.com continues to create experiences to amaze our guests and we hope that all of our VMK friends will continue to join us.
Thank you to the community that made VMK so special. Wait until you see what we're imagining next... :-)

They think that us kids (FINE! ADULTS TOO!) can't do anything about it,they think that us kids/adults are silly jokes because we little....

STUPID LIES-

Q:Will VMK really come back in October (tell me the truth)?
A:VMK made a better game A.F.K

BETTER LIE THEN ^:

Q: Will VMK come back ever?!
A:Well it may come back on in 2009....

WORST THAN ^^:

WORST OF ALL!:

Yavn:"Hey yall, Don't look at the great thing going away as BAD!! NO!!! Look at it as a time to TRY AND FIND A NEW WORLD TO ENJOY! Look at it like SCHOOL! YOU GET TO MOVE ON SOMETHING NEW! Leave all your friends behind,AND FIND A NEW PLACE TO BE LABELED! Have fun!"
To Yavn: Yavn....I'm sorry,but even though you did not make up this game,BE QUIET! WHO CARES! YOU BREAK CHILDRENS HEARTS BY SAYING THAT YOU THINK IT'S ALL FUN TO RUIN KIDS!?
HAVE NO FRIENDS? FORGET ABOUT THEM??? YOU CAN MAYBE NEVER SEE THEM AGAIN!? WHAT KINDA NEWS IS THAT?

Disney made this game...Just like Toontown...TOONTOWN WAS MADE IN 2003 AND YOU SAY VMK CAN'T LAST FOREVER!? IBET TOONTOWN HAS A BETTER REPUTATION THAN YOU NOW!

VMK has made money for this game...BILLIONS A YEAR! So all you wanted was MONEY? IS that all you can say?!

You like to ruin VMK don't you?! Because look at Toontown,Club Penguin,and way more....Look at them do you see them deleting there games cause of a stupid Disneyland 50th Celebration!?

VMK'S TOO POPULAH TO QUIT!

who knows? vmk has issues now....even though people say it comes back this yr or next year....that's baloney! how canu just do that? i mean i know why theydid it....but why does it hav to take so long!

Last edited by TopazR; 08-02-2008 at 12:30 AM.. Reason: double post due to thread merge/advertising/non G language
Old 08-01-2008, 11:47 PM
Nothing.
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 2

ivanbyte9 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleCrazyLava View Post
Taylor.. Sorry to say this but.. Its not opening in October this year... 2009 its opening again!!! Don't ask me how, or why. It just is. I dont want to explain it... But I will! Saluke Company quit on Disney, Disney is remaking it Rumor has it..
It's not a rumor, the wiki says it! THE WIKI KNOWS ALL!
Old 08-01-2008, 11:59 PM
iMagician

Iwannaplayvmk is spinning in a Cursed Storm
But don't you think it would look the same? I mean since Sulake quit would it look the same as in re-making it?

http://www.vmkforums.com/forums/user...p?userid=34165

Userpage^
Old 08-02-2008, 08:56 AM
I iz lazy.
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Spooky Scribe Award Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: Insomnious
Blossomflower is Buried in TreasureBlossomflower is Buried in TreasureBlossomflower is Buried in Treasure
I don't really believe it... most likely just rumors... wish they were true though.

Old 08-04-2008, 02:21 PM
Dizzydesi

I think rumor, but then again they haven't closed the site down yet they said they would in a few months and its been a few months so who knows.
Old 08-04-2008, 10:07 PM
Heyyy?
Awards Showcase
Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Graphics Trio Participant Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 4

My Mood: VMKForumsAddict
MyBirdHat is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwannaplayvmk View Post
Guess what? VMK closed....Sad right....People think that it would close...Yeah okay we dont have confidence....

GET OVER IT! VMK IS COMING BACK!

a website says
The real reason is....too many people are joing VMK so they had to close it down re-do it....(but they saved your characters) and make it where people can't join anymore...

People say the rumor....
VMK is coming back on October....sure....it may but dont you think someone made that up? If not then OMG! I'm getting back on....But this concerns me....Then haveto come back becuase if they dont alot of people will cuzz them out dont you think? I mean there's people with alot of rare...

It also says on the website- www.vmk.com

It says:VMK launched as a part of the Disneyland 50th Celebration and is now closed. Disney.com continues to create experiences to amaze our guests and we hope that all of our VMK friends will continue to join us.
Thank you to the community that made VMK so special. Wait until you see what we're imagining next... :-)

They think that us kids (FINE! ADULTS TOO!) I'm pretty sure VMK was made of about 2/3 kids and 1/3 adults. The game was based on ages 8-14, but that doesn't mean adults can't enjoy the game too. can't do anything about it,they think that us kids/adults are silly jokes because we little....

STUPID LIES-

Q:Will VMK really come back in October (tell me the truth)?
A:VMK made a better game A.F.K

BETTER LIE THEN ^:

Q: Will VMK come back ever?!
A:Well it may come back on in 2009....

WORST THAN ^^:

WORST OF ALL!:

Yavn:"Hey yall, Don't look at the great thing going away as BAD!! NO!!! Look at it as a time to TRY AND FIND A NEW WORLD TO ENJOY! Look at it like SCHOOL! YOU GET TO MOVE ON SOMETHING NEW! Leave all your friends behind,AND FIND A NEW PLACE TO BE LABELED! Have fun!"
To Yavn: Yavn....I'm sorry,but even though you did not make up this game,BE QUIET! WHO CARES! YOU BREAK CHILDRENS HEARTS BY SAYING THAT YOU THINK IT'S ALL FUN TO RUIN KIDS!?
HAVE NO FRIENDS? FORGET ABOUT THEM??? YOU CAN MAYBE NEVER SEE THEM AGAIN!? WHAT KINDA NEWS IS THAT?

Disney made this game...Just like Toontown...TOONTOWN WAS MADE IN 2003 AND YOU SAY VMK CAN'T LAST FOREVER!? IBET TOONTOWN HAS A BETTER REPUTATION THAN YOU NOW!

VMK has made money for this game...BILLIONS A YEAR! Ummm, billions a year? VMK only made a few hundred dollars-a few thousand dollars a year. That's way past exaggerating..Don't you think? So all you wanted was MONEY? IS that all you can say?!

You like to ruin VMK don't you?! Because look at Toontown,Club Penguin,and way more....Look at them do you see them deleting there games cause of a stupid Disneyland 50th Celebration!?

VMK'S TOO POPULAH TO QUIT!

who knows? vmk has issues now....even though people say it comes back this yr or next year....that's baloney! how canu just do that? i mean i know why theydid it....but why does it hav to take so long!
  1. Adults and children were allowed to enjoy VMK. The game was meant for ages 8-14, but it clearly said somewhere that all ages were accepted.
  2. VMK just about made 2-3 thousand dollars a year. They basicly sold only item cards.
haaaapppyy new yearr:]