Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > VMK Gaming Archived Forums > VMK Players Discussion

VMK Players Discussion General VMK Gaming Discussions which doesn't fit anywhere else.

Old VMK before and Today

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 03-22-2008, 03:00 PM
Star Wars rocks!!
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: Pwness
IceManFan is as Frosty as a Snowman
VMK before and Today

Today:
The loading screen takes forever
Items are way too expensive
There is like a scammer or someone being banned every hour
VMK is still trying to be fun

When VMK just opened back in 2005:
simple loading screen
just right prices
everything was fun
less scamming and banning

post what you miss about the good old days of vmk or what you like/dislike about today on vmk or both

Last edited by IceManFan; 03-22-2008 at 04:43 PM..
Old 03-23-2008, 06:24 AM
Pinkberry

Moonypie11 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Well I agree about expensive stuff. I stay up till VMK closed, like, every single night for so long playing The Haunted Mansion Game, just to earn (10,000 or 20,000, I dont recall) for Bat Magic during Halloween. Thats a lot of credits. I agree, people do get banned often. To the best I remember, I made a daycare for awhile, and even though I've played for so long I still dont have a lot of rare :P I've never been scammed though. I mean, not that I remember...maybe I gave away an item high in value or something for a prize...

Last edited by Jezzi; 03-23-2008 at 12:31 PM.. Reason: Personal Info
Old 03-23-2008, 07:12 AM
TR2N Are You Ready?
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Spooky Scribe Award Halloween '09 Award Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 13

Destination has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Destination has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
I so totally agree with you.
Old 03-23-2008, 07:41 AM
Hmm..
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 
Total Awards: 1

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: Sad
BelieveNTheMagic is floating through Inner Space
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceManFan View Post
Today:
There is like a scammer or someone being banned every hour
More like there is a scammer or someone being banned every minute
Old 03-23-2008, 01:50 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

Accountant has disabled reputation
Things cost more but we have more opportunity to earn credits.
In 2005 there was no Mansion, Pirates paid 15 credits per win game and Jungle cruise was 20 credits and I dont know what fireworks paid if anything because I could never play that game.

I remember when the first space suit came out it was 2000 credits and I had to spend every credit to get it. It was not sold in parts like today. Personally I think VMK has evolved a lot and is much more fun today. By the way in the first month of VMK we had armies going around harrassing people so it was not all that "perfect" then too. Also the first event was a parade in Main Street and most people could not even log in that day!! There were big problems just different ones.
Old 03-23-2008, 01:52 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner Smilie Story: The Beach Winner Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Trivia Winner Mod Match Participant Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant 
Total Awards: 13

My Mood: Festive
TheMagicWithin has turned into a sparkling Pirate!TheMagicWithin has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
One thing you forgot:
Today: More lands

In 2005: Like 4 Lands?.
Old 03-23-2008, 02:39 PM
aka Priz
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award Joy To The World 

prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!
Its times like this that I need to remind people that VMK "back then" wasn't all so great either.

The loading issue has been strange for me - its always taken a while for VMK to load and I'm not sure I've seen that change really. It still takes just as long to load - just now we have a picture that changes every so often.

There were scammers, although not as many since there were fewer things to scam with. And there were certainly people who were banned.

I'm not sure that I can agree that prices were "just right". 500 or 1000 credits then were just as implausible as 10000 credits seem to me now. When I was saving up to make my first room that requied four teleporters, it took me forever Nedding to get enough credits. I routinely got 0 credits from fireworks. Routinely got just a few credits from pirates. Ned was my only hope. The 1000 credits I needed for a monorail poster took me months to save up for.

Nowadays we get double-credit days, Treasure Detector Magic gives us a chance at 5000 credits at a shot. There are more NPCs and music mixes we can get credits from every day. Another game which gives people an opportunity for credits if they're not good at the others. Not to mention out-of-game games which give prizes we can sell.

Everything was "fun" because it was new. Now things are "fun" because people are doing new things in different ways. We created our own fun back then - now people seem to expect VMK to provide the fun for them. If you create your own fun, VMK is still a really fun place to play.

And you seem to forget all the things that made VMK a lot less fun back then. Like the scheduled disconnects that happened promptly every 30 minutes no matter what you were doing. Like the furniture that would randomly move (or vanish) if you left the room.

There are always plusses and minuses as things change. I'm not sure looking back on how VMK was really helps things, to be honest. Whats more important is looking at how we can make VMK continuously better.

You are now leaving Prizkneeland, home of
please fasten your reality belts

preserving VMK for a future that will understand it.

Power to the Players!
Old 03-23-2008, 02:55 PM
Trader

callumw987 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
wow nice speech priz!!!

yea if u think vmk is not any good dont go complaining and wining to us its just makes every ones day glum here is some advice if yhoo dont like vmk

DONT PLAY IT!
Old 03-23-2008, 03:20 PM
aka Priz
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award Joy To The World 

prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!
Quote:
Originally Posted by callumw987 View Post
here is some advice if yhoo dont like vmk

DONT PLAY IT!
Again, I have to disagree.

If you don't like VMK, but still want to play, work to make it better.

Talking about the past doesn't make it better. Talking about how to make it better is a step. Doing something in VMK is an even bigger step.

You are now leaving Prizkneeland, home of
please fasten your reality belts

preserving VMK for a future that will understand it.

Power to the Players!
Old 03-23-2008, 03:20 PM
la la la :)
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Smilie Winners Award Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 
Total Awards: 4

My Mood: Musical
GreenBabe has disabled reputation
Yea, the screen take forever to load, stuff cost way to much, and people are scamming because things cost to much and they don't want to buy it ( or some other reason they want to scam )

I miss that we could buy things for less and, and i still do have fun on VMK now. But not as much...
Old 03-23-2008, 03:37 PM
T.S. Midway Mania Addict!

helloworld2 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Yea but greem, like Priz said, Items may of have costed less back in 2005, but it was sooo much harder to earn credits.
Old 03-23-2008, 03:48 PM
la la la :)
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Smilie Winners Award Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 
Total Awards: 4

My Mood: Musical
GreenBabe has disabled reputation
Probably. l:
Old 03-23-2008, 06:35 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: Awkward
jamiewe is spinning in a Cursed Storm
wait half the people commenting here have not even been playing that long and they are just guessing and dont know what they are talking about back in the old days it was worse there were more bugs and glitches also whenever you tried to get into a host room you got disconnted in the middle of the line i remember one time i was in this host room in june 2006 pirates month i went into one of lily's game when she was quite new where you had to climb up these captain nemo chairs and light the firewall and come back down first everytime i got in the room and it was my turn to get up i was keep getting disconntected infact i had to try 5 times then the room closed and i could not play the game.

and for the prices well they have not even changed it just seems alot because the magic costs alot if you ask me they were never even much the most a item could get was 1000 and it's still is like that (with a few exceptions some are over 1000) but it has always been like that the most something has cost was a Quest Kiosk which was about 30,000 i believe when it first came out and the prices have never changed @_@.

and what i notice now in vmk is much much much better than before i dont give a rats hat if people disagree with me but trust me it is way better there are more possibilities now for example it's more possibe to do a room that could have never been done before because of added features and new items.

Also their will always be scammers and isn't a good thing that people are getting banned? it makes VMK a safer place so what you are saying is you dont want people to get banned? and their will always be scammers you just have to be smart why in the world would you get scammed if your not careful??? and i admit it i have commited a few offences against the VMK Values and i have only ever got a few warnings and i have never been banned, I have also never noticed an increase in bans. VMK is a bigger community now with over 7500000 players (seriously the guest numbers are the number of players) and some of those are mules and some dont play anymore so proberly abot 5000000 people play VMK it could even possibly be higher who knows.

I rest my case

Enough Said..............
Old 03-23-2008, 11:23 PM
ImJustBeeNme
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Signature Donation Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: Pensive
bee2u is covered with Confettibee2u is covered with Confettibee2u is covered with Confetti
back then - only 50 people could be in a queue, so most people never got a chance to get in a host room, despite frantic clicking to refresh every two seconds in the hope of catching it when someone had just left. While waiting in the queue, that was all you could do - wait and stare at the black screen.

now - unlimited number of people can be in a queue, which does cause large lines, but at least you have a chance to get in the room and know about how long a wait it will be. While waiting with your vmk pass, you can play games, chat with friends, trade, click on ned, etc.
Old 03-23-2008, 11:27 PM
VMK_Lion's #1 Fan!
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Halloween'11 Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 50

My Mood: Happy
MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
I think the main things I miss are the old fireworks game w/ fireworks magic and the Spell Room/Discovery Island, where you can feel special using magic for a short amount of time even if you didn't own it.